Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: How low will silver go?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Oct 2009
    7144 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackaydon View Post
    marchas,
    I don't EXPECT it to go to $12, but if it does, I'll jump back in.
    Meanwhile, I have been enjoying equities returning +5% for year--as my past posts have indicated.
    Don...
    exactly! When the market is good, I hold my cash and enjoy the increase in my investments. When the market drops, I exchange cash for PMs. I win either way. I just got my dividend statement from one of my individually owned stocks. It just blows my mind. I started that investment in high school with $300 and dividend reinvestment. It's a 5 figure piece of my portfolio today and I've never put another penny into it.
    lastleg and Mackaydon like this.

us
    Dec 2006
    Central Minnnesota
    White's DFX & VX3
    260 times
    Went to a very large coin show in Minneapolis Saturday (90 tables-?). Purchased more generic silver rounds for $18 each.......just 3.6% over spot. STACK, STACK !
    Marchas45 likes this.

Apr 2008
    397 times
    It looks like the only thing holding PM's up is the threat of WWIII. That's pretty sad on a number of levels.

Jim
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford

us
    Mar 2009
    A Place In Heaven
    Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
    282 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jim4silver View Post
    It looks like the only thing holding PM's up is the threat of WWIII. That's pretty sad on a number of levels.

Jim
    \
    I would question Jim, " What is holding down the PM's ? " MANIPULATION ?
    Goose-0 likes this.

us
    Dec 2006
    Central Minnnesota
    White's DFX & VX3
    260 times
    YES, M-45 !!
    Marchas45 likes this.

Apr 2008
    397 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Marchas45 View Post
    \
    I would question Jim, " What is holding down the PM's ? " MANIPULATION ?
    I don't know Charlie. I think there are various manipulations going on at various times but there has to be more than just that keeping price down in a time where it should be much higher (various current scary world events, etc). I think a lot of capital is tied up in the stock markets, etc. We could see a run into PM's if things keep heating up like North Korea, etc.

But for real sustained movement upward we need more DEMAND like we saw during all the QE's when everyone said it would lead to inflation, etc. The big money boys can move a market in any direction they want (manipulation if you like) but they would be powerless if silver or gold became popular again among all types of investors, not just gold/silver bugs like many of us here.

I think we are going to see some "bumper crops" of silver mining so to speak in the coming years. Zinc is up and much silver is found as a byproduct of zinc mining just like copper mining. Many of these mines aren't mining specifically for silver so what they find they will often dump into the market irregardless of the price of silver (they won't hold it for higher prices ,etc) it is kind of like free money for them. This is at least what a good friend of mine recently told me who has good connects in the mining world.

PS I picked up a few more nice 2015 Aus Koalas yesterday for $2 over melt that probably the same seller sold to one of my local stores previously. I guess I will keep buying that person's cool stuff that they dump if I can keep getting it cheap.

Jim
    Marchas45 likes this.
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford

us
    Mar 2009
    A Place In Heaven
    282 times
    I believe we are going to see an upswing in prices next week. It seems as everything is falling apart. Keep Stacking
    P.S. This week I'm looking at another Metal Detector, I miss the solitude Lol

us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    2054 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marchas45 View Post
    I believe we are going to see an upswing in prices next week. It seems as everything is falling apart. Keep Stacking
    P.S. This week I'm looking at another Metal Detector, I miss the solitude Lol
    Which detector C? You are right nothing clears the mind more than a little dirtfishing.
    When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors

us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    2054 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    World powers on edge. I expect prices to fall lol.
    When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors

us
    Dec 2006
    Central Minnnesota
    White's DFX & VX3
    260 times
    Not a chance. Silver is sitting at $18.52 (Kitco) and with all of the poor reasoning of pols (politicians), it will continue to advance.

us
    Mar 2009
    A Place In Heaven
    282 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fistfulladirt View Post
    Which detector C? You are right nothing clears the mind more than a little dirtfishing.
    XP DEUS sold mine a couple years back now I want to start swinging again. Lol

us
    Dec 2006
    Central Minnnesota
    White's DFX & VX3
    260 times
    Metal detecting? Dirt fishing? Jeeze, what a waste of time......digging holes hoping to find 'The Big One'! (In my 27th yr.......many neat finds. Found a girl's high school gold class ring, hunted her down, and returned it 32 years after she lost it. There are other interesting items found, maybe later.)

Apr 2008
    397 times
    As we watch silver drop lower and lower I have to say I don't think it will go too low. My reason is unscientific. I have finally reached the point where my silver stack is almost all what I would call semi numis stuff (Kooks, Pandas, Koalas, etc). The last run up into the $18's I converted what "bullion" I had left into cool stuff that was only a buck or two per ounce over what I got for the stuff I traded. For example yesterday I nabbed ten 2002 silver Libertads for $19.00 per coin (some had NO milkspots, the others had just a few light ones - these coins are notorious for spots), these coins go for $40+ even with milk spots sometimes, etc.

If the market stays below $20 ish or drops, my semi numis stuff will retain its value or even go up a bit. However, if silver finally takes off, my semi numis stuff will start to peter out premium wise once we get into the high 20's or so. At that point I would be better with generic bullion (if say silver goes to $50).

Although my stash will go up along with silver's price should silver go to $50+, it would be better for me to be in generic right now IF I knew silver was about to hit $50+ because I could get more ounces than I have (not too much though since I get good deals on my semi numis stuff).

Thus, based on my past successful inverse indicator status, silver is about to go to $50+ soon. Kind of like if I had sold off all my silver, then the price would go to $100+ really soon.

Jim
    Last edited by jim4silver; May 02, 2017 at 01:26 PM.
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford

us
    Feb 2010
    Formerly NH now East Tennessee
    Garrett GtaX1250
    3049 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose-0 View Post
    Not a chance. Silver is sitting at $18.52 (Kitco) and with all of the poor reasoning of pols (politicians), it will continue to advance.
    LOL and here we are a couple weeks later and it's $16.90....
    Live Free or Die

us
    Scotland, Aye !!

Oct 2004
    N. San Diego area (Pic of my two best 'finds'; son and grandson)
    Minelab Explorer
    9438 times
    Research and History
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Come on $12 !!
    Don........

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links