Money And Precious Metals During National Emergency

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t understand why taxes need collected if they can print trillions.

Easy to understand. The "faith and credit" of the United States is fixed in value relating to the total value of the economy in the present. The number of dollar bills is controlled by the State. So, the more dollars there are the lesser percentage of value to each dollar and the fewer dollars the greater the percentage of value to each dollar.

Here is the grabber-

IF you have savings and more dollars are printed each dollar of your savings falls in value.

IF you owe debt, and more dollars are printed, each dollar owed falls in value.

It's all a balancing act and you can't screw savers without putting yourself in a position withgreater risk of debt, so of course We are in debt. It's a screw job. Our country does not have sound money in that dollar value is indirectly controlled by the State while at the same time being directly controlled by supply and demand.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Easy to understand. The "faith and credit" of the United States is fixed in value relating to the total value of the economy in the present. The number of dollar bills is controlled by the State. So, the more dollars there are the lesser percentage of value to each dollar and the fewer dollars the greater the percentage of value to each dollar.

Here is the grabber-

IF you have savings and more dollars are printed each dollar of your savings falls in value.

IF you owe debt, and more dollars are printed, each dollar owed falls in value.

It's all a balancing act and you can't screw savers without putting yourself in a position withgreater risk of debt, so of course We are in debt. It's a screw job. Our country does not have sound money in that dollar value is indirectly controlled by the State while at the same time being directly controlled by supply and demand.

Good ol fiat money...:BangHead:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah.

The properties of sound money are that money is durable- does not rot or decay, money has intristic value- meaning it can be put to use for making other goods, and money is a store of value- meaning it retains its intristic value across time.

Fiat money has no store of value because fiat money has no intristic value to begin with. Then you got what is called "Fractional Reserve Banking". This is how that works-

Say you got a pound of gold that you pay interest on an everybody you pay interest to recieves a non-negotiable receipt for the gold they put into your deposit. In this set of circumstances you could print more receipts for gold than gold present in deposit and none of the depositors need to be aware that you have stolen from their savings. This is exactly how the federal reserve bank (THEIR FRB, not yours!) creates fiat currency and steals depositor's savings.

Its the oldest banking scam in the world, practiced since the Middle Ages and still practiced today in the USA and most all countries on the planet.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A dollar is always worth... a dollar.

Now and forever.

"devalued money" is a myth.

Money is money is money is money.

I hand you a dollar in 1963 it still one dollar today... unless it is a special dollar bill :P

The only difference is what you can buy for that said dollar.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Now and forever.

I hand you a dollar in 1963 it still one dollar today... unless it is a special dollar bill :P

No.

The value of a dollar like any other commodity is based on supply and demand. If you increase the supply of dollars in relation to its perceived value, and demand remains constant, the value of the dollar, which is NOT intristic, falls in relation to goods that have intristic value. This is why when the gears of the economy are turning in tune a 1963 Washington quarter was worth one gallon of gasoline - same as it was worth in 1963.

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other

Now and forever.

ARC,
The definition of the U.S. Dollar, is a specific weight of fine silver, according to the U.S. Constitution.
What we use today is only "called" a dollar, but in reality was changed to fiat.
The real dollar, hasn't been used since the early 1960's.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ARC,
The definition of the U.S. Dollar, is a specific weight of fine silver, according to the U.S. Constitution.
What we use today is only "called" a dollar, but in reality was changed to fiat.
The real dollar, hasn't been used since the early 1960's.

lol... so you actually thought a silver quarter at its conception was worth an actual 25 cents ? ? ?

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol... so you actually thought a silver quarter at its conception was worth an actual 25 cents ? ? ?

At its conception the silver content of a U.S. Dollar was equal to exactly 1/2 the silver content of two Spanish silver reals which were produced from Alexander Hamilton's pocket- iirc.

Spanish reals were in common use in the colonies, British coinage being in short supply as it was shipped back to England in the form of taxes.

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other

My thoughts, don't change the U.S. Constitution. Actual fractions of a real U.S. Dollar, like the old silver quarter, are just that. My acceptance or rejection of the information, won't change the information.

Are you apposed to dumping the fiat and going back to using gold and silver, or certificates that are 100% backed by the gold and silver?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My thoughts, don't change the U.S. Constitution. Actual fractions of a real U.S. Dollar, like the old silver quarter, are just that. My acceptance or rejection of the information, won't change the information.

Are you apposed to dumping the fiat and going back to using gold and silver, or certificates that are 100% backed by the gold and silver?

I will go any way... if someonetakes it as payment... then I will take it as well.

If I have a guy that buys fishing lures... and you want to pay in them... I accept fishing lures as payment. :)

As far as a "general currency"... I will go with what the "general public" excepts for payments of goods and services... I don't care if its bags of bat guano. heh

Listen...

Crap ever hits the fan... ALL metals AND paper money... AND ESPECIALLY digital money and that fake crap bitcoin...

Will be worth,,,

Piss.

:)

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PS...

Crap hits the fan... good luck selling anything other than food and water... AND what will you accept in trade for them ? ? ?

I guarantee it wont be paper OR metal.

Cant eat or drink either... so in essence... PISS is worth more.

At least you could drink that if you absolutely had to. heh

Ehhhh well I guess you could at least use money for toilet paper or to start a fire...

so PAPER MONEY IS ACTUALLY WORTH MORE THAN GOLD when it comes right down to it.

Last edited:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My thoughts, don't change the U.S. Constitution. ...

We are already violating the constitution like Jack the Ripper violating a blind, one legged (language).

Read article one section ten. The federal reserve note is not only not gold or silver but it is bill of attainder. The congress is granted to power to coin money by article two, iirc. The congress does not have the power to print money, nor the power to delagte the responsibility to coin money to a private entity. The Federal Reserve Bank is a private entity.

Last edited by a moderator:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
A tangible standard to base a specie/money on insures backing.

I'm a U.S.A. fan , make no mistake.
But our monetary system is based on faith. Faith in what? That only so many dollars will be printed?
That they hold an international value based on , what again?

Money is a great way to barter. Easy to exchange , carry, store, assign a medium of exchange.
If I pay for a house with fishing lures (and I respect barter , but bartering constantly in the right circles becomes a profession and a profession is considered business. And that means taxes) there can come the issue of change for my payment on other transactions.
Besides it being a heck of a lot of lures. Or scarce lures if few but highly valued. Meaning not a good medium of exchange for the masses..

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PS...

Crap hits the fan... good luck selling anything other than food and water... AND what will you accept in trade for them ? ? ?

I guarantee it wont be paper OR metal.

Cant eat or drink either... so in essence... PISS is worth more.

At least you could drink that if you absolutely had to. heh

Ehhhh well I guess you could at least use money for toilet paper or to start a fire...

so PAPER MONEY IS ACTUALLY WORTH MORE THAN GOLD when it comes right down to it.

I got a .22 rim fire cartridge that might buy a nice cotton tail rabbit, God willing. If you wanna eat rabbit, I'll trade you my cartridge for some molasses. I need it for making rum. If you trade for my cartridge, and you don't spend the cartridge to pot a tasty rabbit, I'll trade you some of my rum for your .22 cartridge.

And we ALL know you need rum. :laughing7:

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
I will go any way... if someonetakes it as payment... then I will take it as well.

If I have a guy that buys fishing lures... and you want to pay in them... I accept fishing lures as payment. :)

As far as a "general currency"... I will go with what the "general public" excepts for payments of goods and services... I don't care if its bags of bat guano. heh

Listen...

Crap ever hits the fan... ALL metals AND paper money... AND ESPECIALLY digital money and that fake crap bitcoin...

Will be worth,,,

Piss.

:)

ARC,
I just hope we don't have to find out. Perhaps this disaster was intended, and meant to be a lot worse, but was somehow thwarted. Then again, perhaps not, and people are just being people and thinking all sorts of stuff.

I will say that throughout history, it was a good thing to have some savings stored up. Savings that wouldn't lose purchasing power over time. Now with fiat, we have debasement going on, and we see the result of not being able to buy as much stuff for the same amount of money. Now if we save fiat, we lose some of it every day.

What would you rather find, $5,000 in confederate gold, or a bag with $5,000 in new $100 bills?
(This is my point) :icon_thumright:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
ARC,
I just hope we don't have to find out. Perhaps this disaster was intended, and meant to be a lot worse, but was somehow thwarted. Then again, perhaps not, and people are just being people and thinking all sorts of stuff.

I will say that throughout history, it was a good thing to have some savings stored up. Savings that wouldn't lose purchasing power over time. Now with fiat, we have debasement going on, and we see the result of not being able to buy as much stuff for the same amount of money. Now if we save fiat, we lose some of it every day.

What would you rather find, $5,000 in confederate gold, or a bag with $5,000 in new $100 bills?
(This is my point) :icon_thumright:

Selling P.M.'s would take a considerable ride for me. Plus the dealer would want a cut when buying..

No interest accumulated ,but that's nulled a bit IF a certain metal appreciates depending on how much it cost me in the past...

Folks around here would be leery of a bullion exchange , first for authenticity ,then about value. L.o.l.. What would they do with a 1/4 oz. gold round?

But , a pile of gold would provide something in exchange at a buyers. I'd certainly be on my guard if visiting . And on the way home taking a detour and watching my backtrail and backside.

A story a buyer had was a doozie.
The table covered with a hint of depth , and more where that came from if the additional varied caches could be located.
But the seller was not interested in more being recovered at the time. Understandably!
Of course ,I offered my services locating caches should the buyers seller need help......:laughing7:
That buyer (he sells too of course,for a cut) relocated. Farther away yet. No , not all due to that one buy. (I hope.)

I'd take the Confederate gold over the paper. Would rather it was generic , but hey...Clink, clink, clink.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread