Will Fed lower rates this week?

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I am going to go against what the pundits have been predicting and say I feel that the Fed will lower rates this week. Due to all the crazy turmoil going on in the financial/banking sector, I believe the Fed will lower rates this week, although the TV talking heads say if they lower it wont be until later this year. If they do lower, it should help silver and gold quite a bit.

We'll see I guess.

Jim

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With 10 big firms on the border of bankruptcy, lowing seems almost a sure thing...

Tonight, I saw gold below $800 and silver just over $11... The NBC sales channel was pushing 1890's dollars for $40 apiece...makes me think that some are dumping their metal but where are they putting that money?

July before last, at a garage sale I bought two pairs of Sterling Silver spurs for $5 a pair... I'm now wondering if I should sell them or put them on and get ready for quite a ride..........

Bill

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
billjustbill said:
With 10 big firms on the border of bankruptcy, lowing seems almost a sure thing...

Tonight, I saw gold below $800 and silver just over $11... The NBC sales channel was pushing 1890's dollars for $40 apiece...makes me think that some are dumping their metal but where are they putting that money?

July before last, at a garage sale I bought two pairs of Sterling Silver spurs for $5 a pair... I'm now wondering if I should sell them or put them on and get ready for quite a ride..........

Bill

It sures seems strange that for the few weeks preceeding last night's big event, PMs have been hit harder and faster than I can ever remember. I would assume that the "big guys" knew the Lehman deal was gonna happen like it did, along with AIG and Merrill, etc. With gold and silver low it could possibly allow the fed to lower rates this week and say "well inflation is not bad, look how low the commodities are...". I cannot see them waiting till the end of the year to lower in light of today's dow performance.

I hope they do lower the rate because that would be beneficial to PMs. At least in theory it would...

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions