Kevins own thread - a journal (but feel free to post random thoughts)

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree with Jesse. I shovel directly into mine. I shake about half the material off the shovel into the sluice, wait a few seconds, then drop the rest in :)

Also you can clean it out directly into a 14" pan...no bucket or bin needed!

Last edited:
OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kevin can you visit my thread for a Sniper question please?
my pleasure...but I read ALL your posts Sherry :) so you don't have to post on my thread to toss me a question ;)

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL!!! Awesome! I wasn't sure about that but that is very kind of you to have interest in my prospecting adventures.

I think that's half the fun here, is reading as many other people's adventures as possible! Cheers all!

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think that's half the fun here, is reading as many other people's adventures as possible! Cheers all!
Yes!
...and the bonus of getting to know great people you can meet on the river! (Sound familiar Jesse?!!?)

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes! ...and the bonus of getting to know great people you can meet on the river! (Sound familiar Jesse?!!?)

Great people great spot and a little gold to boot. I love this place.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Happening now image-2499040129.jpg

image-2990384285.jpg

Tasty!

Last edited:

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sweet " the Bazooka wins again.

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's awesome Kevin. Some really great looking gold! Keep it up!

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW! Nice looking gold there! It was a marvelous day. Sorry I couldn't get out :)

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
WoW! Nice looking gold there! It was a marvelous day. Sorry I couldn't get out :)
next time!

PS it was gorgeous out there today! image-3632515801.jpg image-1250356400.jpg image-3903914635.jpg Notice the debris in the bushes about 4-5 feet above the normal water level (right over the creek in the second pic). When we have a big storm, this creek really rocks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kevin you sure do know how spike my excitement to use that Sniper! I'm totally drooling at how good it looks in the water and oooooh that color in the pan is beautiful!
Hey, that's what I'm here for! LoL Enjoy Sherry, I know you will!

Just remember: run it steep and deep! ( compared to other sluices...)

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Will do! GoldenMojo is going to spend a day with me and the gang and give me some first hand pointers on it!
this is most excellent news...I REALLY want it to work great for you!

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Update on yesterday's outing:
First, the fine gold dancing out of the -50 material. Learn to do the shake and tap method folks!

image-2338605547.jpg
Second the clean gold in the little soap dish I use for final cleaning

image-951147063.jpg

Third, the weight. A new in- town record for me...in about 1.5 hrs of digging

image-459031680.jpg

...you won't be surprised to learn my wife just suggested we change our schedule for the rest of today...I'm heading right back to that spot!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread