OP
OP
TheGoldProspector

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cool! Nice gold man, is that just your take? also, interesting pan. Although im fairly new, ive never seen one like that before.
Thats the take from 7 buckets

OP
OP
TheGoldProspector

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am traveling out alone for the first time in months on Wed; curious if anyone else is hitting the river near Placer/Nevada counties..?

OP
OP
TheGoldProspector

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am traveling out alone for the first time in months on Wed; curious if anyone else is hitting the river near Placer/Nevada counties..?

Not hearing from anyone, I got a late start to the day. Brought the bgt only to Force it to work..needless to say, i ended the trip prospecting for specimens and sniping
Met a few really nice gentlemen camping/mining. We talked the lay of the land of shared what we had found in the general area.

I found 2 really nice specimens, inlaid with a Little gold, as well as two smaller specimens with gold as well. Quartz crystals are awesome!

Photos will come after i upload them from the camera.

Much gold next week. :). Probably Thursday

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
May the Force be with you........

OP
OP
TheGoldProspector

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
May the Force be with you........

Thank you GM.

I will be spending more time with my family on the river, which will hopefully drive my fire to melting point. I wont be frequenting the forums as much, due to personal decisions regarding certain matters within the site. Possibly just posting photos here and there

I want to thank you all for pushing me in the direction i have chosen these prior months, and wish heavy pans to you all.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
TGP good luck in your prospecting. Will be looking forward to the pics and descriptions. PM as needed.

GM

OP
OP
TheGoldProspector

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Some time has past, yet much has happened.

I was given the opportunity to take some equipment off of a family member's hands (photos below; much is not shown, ie. Tubing, connector pieces, another 4.5hp pump...)

I tried out my blue bowl, and the battery died in 3 hours..I took back the battery and havent found a better setup that will pull power directly from the wall, invert it to 12v, so I dont have to deal with the battery aspect. However, I loved the blue bowl! Worked like a champ

Im looking to fabricate some of the equipment, but who knows just yet. I was feverish with the sickness as it was, now im just drowning in possibilities.

I would love to hear any thoughts.
Thanks for being here TN

Last edited:

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice stuff man! good to see you back on the forums! I hope that pink bag in the corner brings you some good luck ;)

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang! Nice gear. Love the toolbox top crashbox, may totally steal that idea. ;)
Man I want to dredge so bad just looking at this stuff makes me want to take a week off work.

OP
OP
TheGoldProspector

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dang! Nice gear. Love the toolbox top crashbox, may totally steal that idea. ;) Man I want to dredge so bad just looking at this stuff makes me want to take a week off work.
Thats 3 generations of work put through that crashbox :)!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know little of dredging but it looks like it doable. I did learn recently that if you have a blue bowl hooked to a battery that is hooked to a battery charger it runs for a long time. Good Luck

OP
OP
TheGoldProspector

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know little of dredging but it looks like it doable. I did learn recently that if you have a blue bowl hooked to a battery that is hooked to a battery charger it runs for a long time. Good Luck

That may be doable! Thanks for the info

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You can run your bowl straight off the charger no battery needed. Was that top picture on Craigslist recently?

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You can run your bowl straight off the charger no battery needed.

Be careful connecting to your charger directly, I have 2 chargers I have tried that with, one was just fine, but the other the actual output voltage would vary, causing the water pressure to change, which can cause gold colored material to blow out of your BB. Might be a good idea to get the bowl going off the charger and just meter the water level for 10 minutes if it stays at the same level, you are good!

OP
OP
TheGoldProspector

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Went to Pennyweight today; USFS still has the road closed to the claim.

As always, joining a crowd coming to the NF American. Today was a first, two different school group (field trips) hiked above where I was working..many many questions were to be answered :/

Did a total of 18 buckets (2 from the middle of the current; skunked). Ended up with a good show of color through the A52.

Til next time

OP
OP
TheGoldProspector

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry for the grainy photo; from a tablet..
From today; NF American

Attachments

• image-3617452783.jpg
    image-3617452783.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 115
OP
OP
TheGoldProspector

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
nice job, you clearly have the skills to read the river and use your tools well :) trusty A52 for you!

This hole is epic Kevin..would love to take a photo; if noone works it, next week perhaps..
Btw, talked with Todd at bgt the other day, I may get the opportunity to dig alongside him this winter; to see how the BGT works n all :)

Heavy pans to you in the Rockies!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This hole is epic Kevin..would love to take a photo; if noone works it, next week perhaps.. Btw, talked with Todd at bgt the other day, I may get the opportunity to dig alongside him this winter; to see how the BGT works n all :) Heavy pans to you in the Rockies!
thanks, same to you!

Todd's amazing, give him my best! Love to meet him in person one day myself...probably in a few years when I retire :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread