The Grizzly Tales; Live from AU Colorado

OP
OP
GrizzlyGremlin

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Weather is stupid to try to predict so i just follow my game plan to the best and adapt if need be.
Today looked to be a bust, rain, snow, sleet, wind, sun, clouds and the Doppler looked like a puzzle.
I just took my time and happen to hit 3 hours of sunshine digging in the Tshirt!!!
Sign me up for craps!
That shiny stuff was right where it should have been too. Never a bad feeling.
Oh how i dam wish i could dredge here. Theres no rock that cant be moved by hand.
I see why though. I could breeze through 15-20 yards a day piece of cake.
For now im getting in very good shape for the dredging onslaught!!!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429412786.608665.jpg
Ok time to go home!!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429414124.941764.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429414144.854422.jpg

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Way to go. "Sweet"

Cassews

Dec 29, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett/White
Primary Interest:
Other
Griz: Have you panned on Clear Creek yet ? Check with Regulations on gold panning as I know some of them have changed quite a bit, but Dh & I used to go and we would get some nice gold. But that was a few years ago, now we just go over in the Western Slope on our claims with our friends, so we can dredge, sluice, high bank or dry wash.
So Platte was a good one also, found quite a bit there too!

OP
OP
GrizzlyGremlin

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Yep that is gold is from clear creek! Regulations are not too strict.
Colorado is very open to
most types of recreation.
Im just about to hang up
the shovel and the 4" is coming out for good.
I should be spending most of my time with the boys from CGC. Ive started talking to several members in denver and seem grizzly and fairly hungry for gold.
If you got a spot, and need a 4" dredge Cassews, im always looking to run and gun!

OP
OP
GrizzlyGremlin

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Different kind of gold this week!
My sis came to town and wanted to see the state.
Needless to say my 6wt fly rod came along.
Got 4 cutbows over 16". Cant beat a morning like that!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429886100.934832.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429886122.772734.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429886143.788114.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429886163.811111.jpg

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Now that is real Gold in the frying pan or baking sheet! I hope you cooked and served them up as soon as you got home!

Frank

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wish! Instead I'm on a plane to MA

OP
OP
GrizzlyGremlin

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
So heres the last messing around pic ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430791397.976385.jpg
Just a quick hour before the rain.
In other news i got fired. Canned. He Gone.
I saw it coming and had my best job op slip by today.
Im actively looking for a new job but in the mean time im SOL. I need income and have about a month of cash til im tapped.
It looks like for now ill be a full time dredger.
Theres gold nearby me and ive got no other options.
As of tomorrow, i start my new temp job underwater...As much as this is how i and many of us imagine living the dream, the daunting mountain of thinking about spending all day all week for who knows how many weeks in cold high muddy cloudy water isnt really that dreamy... Im hoping for gram plus days.
The water is high and mud right now so i just need to make $ so anything over .25 grams will keep me at least occupied. I have a particular gravel bar in mind. Im going to trench a 3' deep hole 8' wide and 15-20' long across the point of it.
Im moving the yards until i figure out what im looking for.
Come on employers, i work harder and longer than most people can try to dream about!
Until then ill be on Clear Creek 8am until too cold to feel feelings!

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So heres the last messing around pic View attachment 1157196
Just a quick hour before the rain.
In other news i got fired. Canned. He Gone.
I saw it coming and had my best job op slip by today.
Im actively looking for a new job but in the mean time im SOL. I need income and have about a month of cash til im tapped.
It looks like for now ill be a full time dredger.
Theres gold nearby me and ive got no other options.
As of tomorrow, i start my new temp job underwater...As much as this is how i and many of us imagine living the dream, the daunting mountain of thinking about spending all day all week for who knows how many weeks in cold high muddy cloudy water isnt really that dreamy... Im hoping for gram plus days.
The water is high and mud right now so i just need to make $ so anything over .25 grams will keep me at least occupied. I have a particular gravel bar in mind. Im going to trench a 3' deep hole 8' wide and 15-20' long across the point of it.
Im moving the yards until i figure out what im looking for.
Come on employers, i work harder and longer than most people can try to dream about!
Until then ill be on Clear Creek 8am until too cold to feel feelings!

Dang.. that's ruff. Sorry about losing the job Grizzly. At least you can bring in a buck or two mining.. better spend some of that free time filling out applications though.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, Grizzly, I am sure you wanted to try living off gold, but on your own timing. Too bad you are being forced into it now. May all your cleanups be gram+ golden.

I guess you can supplement your food supplies with trout. "Looks like trout's back on the menu, men."

Keep us up-dated.

OP
OP
GrizzlyGremlin

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Oh it would be very rugged to do this forever. That water is nice and cold. Itd require a very functional and efficient heating system to stay comfortable.
I dont think i found a gram but who knows.
I have so much mercury coated fine stuff its difficult to tell, gota roast em hand lol.
Wasn't expecting the globs.
We got more rain so the river is too high to get into the water. If the water goes over the banks and floods up some big old tailing piles the dredging is going to be good, i wonder if those big tailing piles devoid of vegetation fall within the high water mark? Judges? They tested ok, but need a better look.
Anyway interview tmw, and then revisit if its possible to get into the river anywhere...
Cmon job!
I got to a harder layer 2.5' down that had better gold but didnt see the merc until i cleaned my sluice.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430956471.054606.jpg
Some no fun cons
Didnt get a final pic, it was prob a proud half gram maybe .75
I dont mind finding lead either!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430956742.708961.jpg
I bet when the water is down gram days can most def be had. The better dirt started at 2.5 feet, with clearer not liquid ice water it'd be no problem!
Cmon job and nice weather, gime a break here.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lemme guess: North Fork of Clear Creek right?

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
GrizzlyGremlin

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Well this Gremlin is back on his feet! Today is my second day as a concrete field technician, now ill be able to play with dirt all day every day!
To celebrate ill be digging!
The rivers are still up but comming down and a few spots are sluicable! Dredgings kinda out for now.
So another open invite to A Bar! Ill be there tmw from noon on! About 200 yds up from the bridge!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm headed to the gold show tomorrow afternoon and/or Sunday. Are you going?

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, I am planning on making it Sunday. Tomorrow I get to keep my two grandsons, one is 7 1/2 and the other almost 3. We should have a great time.

OP
OP
GrizzlyGremlin

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Actually i didnt even know there was a gold show going down! I dont have cable and have been tying flies like a mad man with the water being so high.
I might get out to the show sunday too if i can keep my fly rod out of my hands!

OP
OP
GrizzlyGremlin

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Well not much has changed in the last month. The rivers are still very high. Its looking like this weekend is going to provide some great digging weather finally!!
I did get out to a few spots to sample but man o man the chocolate milk rivers are depressing!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433939607.924593.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions