OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476918171.626389.jpg
Today's gold at Arapahoe Bar ...made a big dark hole :)
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476918197.042715.jpg

Final clean gold pic:
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477791854.915038.jpg

Last edited:

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Tons of different brands out there these days. The good thing is people like to voice there opinions so there's lots of reviews out there. I would suggest you stay away from Dutchman trailers. My mom bought a new one and had nothing but problems the 2 years she had it. Things breaking and just falling apart. I like the rockwood brand, well built and great features.

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The story on those sands is: Red touch black, good for Jack! Red touch yellow, you're one poor fellow!

I don't see sand like that on Superior. Up there you see the red over black streaks.

Nice truck!

Oddly that pink beach was on Lake Superior at Pictured Rocks :)

...and you may get to see the truck some day. My next trip to MI will likely be with that truck and a travel trailer and next time I WILL get to a gold bearing beach :)

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oddly that pink beach was on Lake Superior at Pictured Rocks :)

...and you may get to see the truck some day. My next trip to MI will likely be with that truck and a travel trailer and next time I WILL get to a gold bearing beach :)

Miner's Beach or Grand Sable??? I checked Sand Point in Pictured Rocks. Nothing but a little garnet on top, but couldn't try a pan. Probably the good stuff is on the bottom of Munising Bay at 212'.

You could use the campsite just west of the patch I hit off H58.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out again yesterday in south Denver suburbs. Dug a new spot. The sample pan had over 20 colors from one shovelful of unclassified material! Had to take the time to build a new dam of course but still did quite well. I'll post a pic later this week after I pan out the gold.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477798820.764620.jpg
1.05 grams in a couple hours or so. Good times indeed!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm in Crested Butte to help my wife with her project so I went up Washington Gulch near here today looking for gold. There's quite a bit of private land and some claims so I had to pick my spots carefully. I tried several spots and only found a few specs. I sure hope the folks with claims are doing better.

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Bazooka Sniper 30", Gold Cube 4 Stack, Gold Cube Trommel, Gold Screw Trommel, Jaw crushers, Impact Mill, Shaker Table, Spiral Wheels, Blue Bowl, Sluices, Picks, Pry Bars, Shovels,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very nice Kevin. Congrats!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out at Point Barr on the Arkansas River on the way home from Crested Butte Wednesday.

Here's the (very typical for the Arkansas River) fine gold from my sampling:
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477723666.658313.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok, I added gold pics. Check out the 1.05 grams on 10/22!!

HardHatMatt

Mar 15, 2016
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out again yesterday in south Denver suburbs. Dug a new spot. The sample pan had over 20 colors from one shovelful of unclassified material! Had to take the time to build a new dam of course but still did quite well. I'll post a pic later this week after I pan out the gold.
View attachment 1376002

That's impressive! Don't mind the little GPS tracking device I put underneath your new Ford at the next GPOR meeting!

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 1376002
That's impressive! Don't mind the little GPS tracking device I put underneath your new Ford at the next GPOR meeting!

I agree, Matt - impressive! If anyone questions whether a Bazooka catches fine gold, I think that picture says it all Kevin.
I'm becoming a believer in the Bazooka. I visited western Mass with E.MassAuMan this past week (the results were poor; we didn't get skunked, but they weren't worth posting on the MA/VT/NH thread), and I was reminded how tough it is to shovel into a classifier, shake into a bucket, move over to the sluice, feed material...it took forever to do just a few buckets. I think it may be Bazooka time - Christmas present idea (too bad my wife doesn't read this forum).

Keep the pics coming Kevin. I will find an excuse to visit Colorado in the next 6 months and hopefully you'll be willing to take me out to one of these awesome spots in the south Denver 'burbs.

- Brian

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Brian, I'll take YOU to this honeyhole as long as you swear a serious oath of secrecy! Really. It'll be awesome :)

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out today with a couple of fellow tnet folks. Went to Arapahoe Bar...first hole we dug in the water close to the south bank was a dud. Went across to dry dirt on the north side and did well but ran out of time.

Still, I had a great time with Dennis and Jim. THANKS GUYS! I also handed out cards to a couple locals who are still coming up the learning curve (aren't we all?!!?).

HardHatMatt

Mar 15, 2016
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are really lucky to have Arapahoe Bar and so many other accessible gold-bearing places right here in town. A friend and I were digging out a ledge in the dry stuff fairly high on that north bank last week and got really nice gold. I was a little surprised...it's probably under water during the spring floods but not necessarily the ideal conditions for perennially-replenished flood gold. Neither of us has a Bazooka so we were using a 1/4" screen propped up on legs at an angle to classify the material dry right into the buckets and filling a bucket every few minutes; worked pretty well. Last season we were making quite a dent close to the south bank, just at the head of that little "island" and did pretty well as we got into the gray and black stuff a few feet down.

agolddigger

Oct 28, 2016
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out today with a couple of fellow tnet folks. Went to Arapahoe Bar...first hole we dug in the water close to the south bank was a dud. Went across to dry dirt on the north side and did well but ran out of time.

Still, I had a great time with Dennis and Jim. THANKS GUYS! I also handed out cards to a couple locals who are still coming up the learning curve (aren't we all?!!?).

No - thank you! Really appreciate you taking the time to show us where & how to get the gold there.

Two great trips so far :-)

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's true, I got out again today...this time was a full day trip to Cache Creek with Jim and Patrick (both met via tnet[emoji106]🏻). Had a great time, found gold, learned about a new (to me) site. Enjoyed the company of some great new prospectors!
Digging in a muddy, golden hole:
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1478061516.800599.jpg
Running the paydirt in my Bazooka Supermini...just the sluice for the low, late season waterflow[emoji106]🏻
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1478066149.299540.jpg
Since it is so quick and easy to cleanout, we just cleaned out each time we took turns running our individual buckets of dirt. So easy :)

I hope we get to dig together again soon!!

...and of course the gold I dug. Separated by size. A couple of the +30 are 3D enough to be pickers :)
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1478066042.227762.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread