Kevin in Colorado...and elsewhere

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kevin,
Super proud of you for writing this book. It has taken many hours of on the ground research as well as driving, and reading. Not everyone has dedication like that. I admire you and wish you the best for the future my friend.

Thanks Ducky!

BTW it would have been virtually impossible without www.mylandmatters.org so a big thanks to Barry and his team for the amazing tools!

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got to a spot I put in the book based on another person visiting it. Was nice to confirm the good gold! Site R-06 for those with a book.
Panning at sunset:
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1530076574.072201.jpg
First pan had gold:
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1530076611.815219.jpg
I did another 6 sample pans, all very nice fine gold. I’ll be back for much more digging.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. Kevin, congratulations on finishing and publishing your book, a true work and labor of love with the final satisfaction of accomplishing your goal! Now maybe some time to relax (about 5 minutes). I hope you and your wife can take some time together to savor the moment. Best regards......................63bkpkr

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mr. Kevin, congratulations on finishing and publishing your book, a true work and labor of love with the final satisfaction of accomplishing your goal! Now maybe some time to relax (about 5 minutes). I hope you and your wife can take some time together to savor the moment. Best regards......................63bkpkr

We are having fun for sure!
Just spent a night at the Blue Bucket LDMA Camp as a guest of Reed and Karen Lukens. Reed gave me a great tour of the property (120 acres with multiple bench placers, go if you can!) I helped him dig on bedrock in a hole he’d already started.

Fun times and great people [emoji177]

Oh and yes I found gold!

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Guess who got to visit Reed and Karen at the Blue Bucket LDMA Camp? This guy and his gal!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1530413028.884607.jpg
I also got to see the famous junkyard trommel:
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1530413085.219607.jpg

And dig with Reed, followed by panning out my own “first” Oregon wild gold! (Pic to follow)...

THANKS REED!!!

Last edited:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Kevin,
Sounds like a great time with Reed & Karen and going through some historic diggings is so interesting! A few years back I was invited down to private property and private claims along the Middle Fork of the American River in California out of Auburn. The MFAR was and is a major gold producer. I was shown so much amazing historic ground as well as a few pictures of modern mining using dredges, the gold was big and chunky! I also saw some of the gold that was being found via sniping along the same waterway, it is such a thrill to see thumb nail size nuggets in person! Visit's like these sure do get the blood boiling!....................63bkpkr

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here’s my pinch of gold from the Blue Bucket...the ideal souvenir :)
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1530633330.574687.jpg

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just 7 classifiers of material from a spot on the Yampa River in NW CO. Yes, this spot is in my book :)
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1530848246.719103.jpg

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Today I fulfilled a long time dream to pan the Fraser River in British Columbia (in Hope). Fun times and I found gold in the first pan :)
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1531203822.304358.jpg
Now, onward toward Alaska!

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1531363055.744803.jpg
Fraser River gold sample. Wish I’d had more time but it got dark :(

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1531981297.362620.jpg
Passed through Taylor, British Columbia today. Home of the International Panning Championships (are there perhaps more than one??)

Heading North!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kevin, the last time I was in Alaska, it was legal to pan at any road & river/stream crossing. Usually found a little gold at any we tried. Have a great trip, watch out for the Moose day or night especially around Anchorage/Eagle River area!.......................63bkpkr

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Bazooka Sniper 30", Gold Cube 4 Stack, Gold Cube Trommel, Gold Screw Trommel, Jaw crushers, Impact Mill, Shaker Table, Spiral Wheels, Blue Bowl, Sluices, Picks, Pry Bars, Shovels,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I want one. Very cool.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kevin, the last time I was in Alaska, it was legal to pan at any road & river/stream crossing. Usually found a little gold at any we tried. Have a great trip, watch out for the Moose day or night especially around Anchorage/Eagle River area!.......................63bkpkr

That’s still true! We aren’t even to AK and I e already been prospecting 5 times. I think I’m testing my wife’s patience bit ;)

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1532417876.392047.jpg
Panning at Coal River on the Alaska Highway a few days ago.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1532417944.114106.jpg
A typical pan :)

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1532418017.874685.jpg
Pine Creek, origin of the last gold rush in British Columbia (town of Atlin)
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1532418099.245890.jpg
Spruce Creek, also in Atlin BC yesterday.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kevin, somehow you remind me of a little boy let loose in his favorite toy store for as long as he would like to be there, what fun! Must be a wonderful trip especially with your dear wife there with you. Congratulations to you both as you both deserve the vacation.....................63bkpkr

Spruce Creek just Shouts to be explored!! Thank you for sharing.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread