OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's not fair, you are having way too much fun and meeting way too interesting people. I'm jealous
You're going to let us know when that book is coming out, so we can get an autographed copy...right

Yes I’ll announce it loudly although I’ll have to sign up as a supporting vendor here first :)

Oh and today I checked out a couple spots with Red Wilcox and Mike Pung and Cash Best. Very cold windy day but good times!! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1523679696.315111.jpg

A real honor and pleasure to explore an area with these guys. Each has so much experience and is so generous hearted.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1524103355.837201.jpg
The gold from last week :)

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1524364365.358615.jpg
The local craft brewery put up the pan with gold from their construction site that I gave them :)

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1524495280.764486.jpg found a nice gold bearing cobble bar in far SW denver (open to the public and unclaimable) meeting one of my goals for my book: Finding and sharing open dig spots across the whole of metro Denver, east to west and north to south. Yay!

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got to try out some of those urban spots next time I get up that direction. One friend is senior mgmt with Newmont Mining so shouldn't be too hard to get him out for a few hours of "hands on gold mining".

Last edited:
OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got to try out some of those urban spots next time I get up that direction. One friend is senior mgmt with Newmont Mining so shouldn't be too hard to get him out for a few hours of "hands on gold mining".

If you come up to meet him at hq, I will come meet you and take you to a secret spot near there!

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I went out sampling and confirming access today for my book. Bright orange is just to tease Dennis at Grizzly Goldtrap LoL!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1524623211.077457.jpg
Diggin’

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1524623231.728373.jpg
Pannin’

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1524623257.780413.jpg
Tappin’

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're "tappin" picture has me cracking up!

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Today was a very long day but a rewarding one as well. My dear, devoted, supportive wife Laura and I did over 8 hours of driving to sprint up to NW Colorado and back for book research. We visited the little city of Craig to see the museum. Cool gold exhibit and other stuff. The river is at flood stage now! Even so I found pans with dozens of small colors per pan!! Way better than expected :)

Here’s the web article with pics: http://findinggoldincolorado.com/museum-of-northwestern-colorado/

Last edited:

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife absolutley hates the other woman in my life she refers to as goldie i wont put the bad words that goes with.

Your lucky.
Although i suspect your wife feels the same as mine.
Have fun.
Gt....

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1525662496.078588.jpg
Out a couple days ago to get my new gold cube wet for the first time. Yay! Here I’m using the water flow to help with classification.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1525662626.684362.jpg
My friend feeding his Gold Hog.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Finished first drafts of the last three chapters of my book in the last week so I rewarded myself with some river time :)

Two tired, happy guys after a day dredging my friend Nick’s claim...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1525848332.417736.jpg
PS sorry to make you cry if you are from CA. 4” dredge, no permits, no POO, no nothing :) ...except gold. There was gold.

Last edited:

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Kevin congrats on the Gold Cube. I think you are going to love it. Ive never used mine in the field only for concentrates but id like to hear your feedback. I feel like 1/8 is to big for the cube but have never actually tried it. I do know that the smaller the classification the better it works. I generally run sub 20 mesh. Pung should make a trommel/highbanker attachtment with smaller mesh sizes!

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1527826895.354160.jpg
My book is out! I have to figure out how to be a sponsor vendor before I can tell you how to buy it.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1527826961.240401.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1527826979.674342.jpg
Also I got out to my claim yesterday. First time for the season. The gold was waiting for me :)

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 1597009
My book is out! I have to figure out how to be a sponsor vendor before I can tell you how to buy it.
Congratulations! You've worked so hard on that book, and I'm sure it's satisfying to see the results of your labor.
It's pretty easy to find the "Buy the Book" link.... Just saying.
- Brian

Edit: Purchased!

Last edited:

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great work Kevin congrats! Can't wait to hear how to purchase your book, and good work with the claim also!

Last edited:

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations! You've worked so hard on that book, and I'm sure it's satisfying to see the results of your labor.
It's pretty easy to find the "Buy the Book" link.... Just saying.
- Brian

Edit: Purchased!

Edit #2: Book received today! This book is substantial - it's way longer and more comprehensive than I was expecting, Kevin. Great job!

- Brian

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Edit #2: Book received today! This book is substantial - it's way longer and more comprehensive than I was expecting, Kevin. Great job!

- Brian

Glad you like it. Start planning a trip!
With 186 public, unclaimable sites documented, there’s a lot to choose from :)

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can’t wait for you to come East and do the sequel to it “Finding Gold in Massachusetts”.

Congratulations

Haha, thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions