Would you tell a stranger that he bought a haunted house?

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My Father was a slow talking cowboy and he would say " Now son , let's don't plow up a snake " ... Don't plow up a snake with these people. I would not say a word. They could have a totally differently experience than you did. I lived in a house once where a man shot himself on his sofa. My sofa sat in the same place as his and I never felt or sensed anything. Leave them alone or only talk about happy memories. And yes , I have had a paranormal experience. I believe that people do not leave sometimes. I have had a spirit talking in my ear while metal detecting a civil war battlefield

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
I don't believe or disbelieve but need to see things to believe for sure. I always thought you legally had to tell a buyer if a place was haunted or if someone killed themselves in it.

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would advertise the house as 'Haunted House For Sale'. Then, double the price.

BrisJoe

Dec 30, 2012
Brisbane
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, Whites Goldmaster, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dads house has 5 spirits living in it. It's a post war (1950's era raised Queenslander house) They are mostly quiet and don't show up very often.
A couple years ago when I was into the whole "ghost hunting" thing and had some friends who were experienced mediums and clairvoyants, I had them come through the house and check it out. Found out who the spirits were. The first and oldest was the original owner who dies in the house, 2nd was his son who hung himself under the house, 3rd and 4th were 2 young kids that they parents went crazy and killed them (they hide in the roof space and have once shown me a vision when meditating on my bed) and the last was a 17yo girl who slit her wrists in the bathtub a couple years before my dad bought the house. This last spirit is the 1 who made herself known. I would be in the shower and the mirror would steam up, and there would be a full face in the mirror. I let it go for a while, and even when I wiped the mirror down with a towel, the next shower then face would be back in the exact spot.
1 time I was ling in bed and felt the sheets pressure down as if someone was lying next to me.
That house has now been sold and dad moves out in March.

My friends house, built in the late 80's had some stuff going on it it. It felt not normal.
I had my clairvoyant friend go through, and she said 2 people were murdered in the house around the 90's. They were killed in the forst bedroom and thier bodies dragged into the dinning room where they lay awaiting discovery some datys later.
She smoked them out and now it seems alright there.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know spirits do exist! This is going to be long, but sorry, this IS TRUE!

Back in 1979-80 I was about 19 years old, my wife, (ex now), her sister, her sisters husband and I went to the brother in-laws friends house he worked with in False River La on a Saturday as they were having a cooking out. His friends wife has always burnt food when cooking and would even burn water over the years I knew them! They had rented and moved into this house, (which was built sometime in the 1930's I am guessing), a couple of months before we went there for the cookout. From the road you could not see the house as it had a lot of trees and shrubries all around the house especially in front if it and tall trees.

As we hung out drang beer and partied a little, (not getting hammered just lightly drinking), me and the guys were outside just hanging out and Danny, (my brother-in-law), asked his buddy when he was going to start cooking. His buddy said his wife was going to cook inside and of course both Danny and I looked at him and commented that the food will be burnt! Well, Jessie commented on since they moved in the house, his wife cooks and nothing gets burned adn he didn't have to help out or watch over his wife. Danny and I commented how did she all of a sudden learn how to cook all of a sudden? Jessie said that his wife still even forgets to turn the stove or oven off or take food out when it was done cooking and all of a sudden remember the food would probably be burnt and run in the kitchen.

His wife would come back in the kitchen and find the stove or oven off and the food was never taken out or burned. His wife even went to him and asked if he had turned the stove off the first time it happened because he was home when it happened. He stated no he was outside. Figuring he was playing a joke on her she blew if off. It wasn't until most of the time she was the only one in the house cooking and Jessie would be gone at work or somewhere and she would remember food being cooked and come running back in the kitchen and find all the knobs on the oven and stove turned off and the food cooked just right.

As we, (the guys), were walking around the yard drinking beer, I noticed a well on the side of the house at the end of the yard and it was full of dirt wiith grass growing on it nad commented to Jessie he needed to cut the grass on the well as it was pretty high with a 3 foot brick round wall around the well. I asked Jessie about the well and of course he commented that the previous owner or someone probablt filled it up because they went to a well with an electric pump to get the water out of the ground when electric water pumps were made available for well water.

Jessie even commented that in the middle of the night since they moved in they would hear a rocking chair sound, (they did not own a rocking chair), or lights going off and on and different times of the night when they were sleeping, footsteps, doors close and such. I didn't think much of it and I was sort of in disbelief of what Jessie was saying. Jessie had told me and Danny that after a month of living there and the strange things happening he and his wife just got used to it and he later inquired of older people, (who could be grandparents to some at the time who lived near by in the time the house was built and who lived near it), who lived around that house for many years at the time. Jessie later learned the owner of the house was a distant relative of the previous owner, who he and his family just disappeared one day summer day.

Jessie said he was told by an old woman, (in her 80's), that still lived about a mile away from the house that she stated to him she was born in her house that she still lived in at the time. The old woman told Jessie that sometime during the late 1930's a family who lived there just disappeared. Back then neighbors would sometimes go visit neighbors down the road, (as many neighbors owned a lot of land and the closest neighbor could be anywhere from 1-2 miles apart), just to get out of the house, do some socializing, or borrow something. When one of the neighbors went to the house one day he didn't see or could find his friend, (the man, his wife, and his 2 children), and walked the property calling out the husbands name and to no avail got no answer. The husbands car was still in the driveway and it was their only mode of transportation.

Then the man saw that the wood door was open to the house knocked and when no answer came he opened the screen door and walked in and saw no sign of no one but saw food on the stove that was cooking, (like someone was preparing dinner as some of the stew ingrediants were still on the counter), but the burners were turned off. Things in the house looked like the family just walked out. The dinner plates were on the table and the radio was on and kids toys were about. According to the story the old woman told Jessie it was like one minute the family was there, dropped everything adn then just disappear.

Thinking the worse, the man called the police and the Sherriff and a couple of his deputies came out and investigated and of course hours later other neighbors, (when news got around), they all formed a search party to look for the family. For the next day or two no one heard or knew anything that happened to the family, much less the Sherriffs finding any evidence of foul play. Weeks went by and still no signs of the family. Some of the relatives that got word that lived in the areas of Baton Rouge and Lafayette and other parts not far. Came to the house.

One of the neighbors that used to frequent the family noticed that the well was fully covered with dirt. Nieghbors who had frequently visited the family prior stated that the man, (husband), had talked about filling up the well with dirt to prevent his children from falling in it and getting hurt as they were not using the well anymore. Nothing was ever mentioned about digging out the dirt being several neighbors mentioned the husband was going to fill it in. So everyone just blew it off.

Well, I was still in disbelief about the whole story until that night after we ate dinner and a couple of days afterwards!

Here is WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED TO ME! Later after dinner, we sat in the living room, (as it was already dark outside), and talked and hung out so to speak. I got up to go to the bathroom and when I got about halfway across the living room something grabbed me around my neck and was choking me and I could not see anything but darkness as if my eyes were closed. I was grabbing whatever was wrapped around my neck trying to break whatever loose and then all of a sudden it released and I was able to see and standing in the middle of the living room. Everyone sitting in the living room had this shocked look on their faces, (when I was able to see), and asked what the F happened. I told them something stopped me and was choking me! Danny made a joking comment maybe it was the beer nad laughed about it. They thought I was playing around!

My attitude changed really quick and I said I was serious something was choking me. I didn't even go to the bathroom as I was in shock of what the heck happened. I insisted we leave. After within 30 minutes I did not feel right and I told my wife and in-laws I was ready to leave now and did not want to be there. They wanted to stay but I insisted and we left.

Then that night I could not sleep thinking about what happened earlier. Then 2 days later my wife and I with her sister went to pick up Jessies wife to go to New Roads and do some shopping. My sister-in-law drove as we went to pick up Jessies wife at her house.

We went to the Dollar General store and when we went to go check out, the sister-in-law and Jessies wife was in front of me and my wife. Of course I was standing behind my wife, when all of a sudden, something grabbed me around my neck and was choking me again and my eyes went black and I couldn't see anything. I was going off balance and reaching out to grab ahold of my wife to keep my balance calling her, and I was about to fall and I grabbed on to my wife, (so I thought), and then something released the grasp of my neck and I was able to see and I found I had grabbed onto a black boy in his teens that was behind me and he had this shock look on his face like I had been possessed and didn't know what to think! My wife had turned around just before I was let free of whatever it was that had me as she heard me calling for her. And of course she had the same expression on her face as she did the couple of nights before when we were at Jessies house.

My wife told her sister and Jessies wife about what happened again as we walked out of the store and my sister-in-law made the comment maybe I was having a siezure that I may need to go see a doctor. I told her it was no siezure and after we dropped of Jessies wife, I NEVER went to that house again, much less went around Jessie and his wife even if they came over to my brother-in-laws house. I would always leave if I knew they were coming over.

That was the only time something like that happened to me my entire life. I was 19 years old then and I remember it today like it was yesterday.

In the past 20 years I would think about it and about 18 years ago I was going to Baton Rouge and I made a detour to go through New Roads and False River and tried finding the old house and never could find it as the scenery had changed.

About 8 years ago I tried going to Google Earth and locate the house and property and all I can find is some new houses built in that area that the old house must have been torn down, and a new one put up, and trees and shrubs cleared out. I even tried locating property where the well would have been and to no avail. I belive whoever bought the property probably tore down the brick wall outlining the well and leveled the dirt.

My gut feeling over all those years and remembering what Jessie said he found out about the property, I kept thinking about the well. I kept thinking that maybe the man killed his wife and kids and threw them in the well, or whomever killed the man and his family and threw them in the well and filled it in with dirt, disappeared, and the spirits still lingured on the property.

I don't know!

I know there must have been some sort of violence on that property!

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Violence does seem to leave an impression.Yes,I agree,if one has not experienced these happenings,it would sound like pure BS,but these events do happen,with no logical explaination.
As I mentioned,I have no desire to reenter that house,and I hope well for those who have purchased it,my family was the second owners,these people are the third,maybe it ended during the years it was unoccupied.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I think it is EMOTIONS "imprinting" of violent events; sort of like a PSYCHIC residue that "en-acts" those events over and over... like a "psychic" tape-recorder. The more VIOLENT the event, like a Civil War battle on the ORIGINAL battlefield... the more INTENSE is the "residue".

73dguard

Mar 2, 2013
South Paris, ME
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD
Nokta Gold King
Teknetics AlphA 2000
Garrett Pointer Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Without militating against anyone's religious convictions, I believe that the only difference between a haunted and non-haunted place is that the haunted place is where people expect to encounter the supernatural in such a way they can measure. I believe that the spirits of the deceased, demons, and angels constantly co-exist with us in a spiritual plane I refer to as the eternal now. I believe this is what Jesus was referring to when He said that God is not God of the dead, but the living. What I have not come to a conclusion on is "What does a spirit in the eternal now do after he/she/it has been there for thousands of years? Hang out locally? Follow thousands of years of progeny around? Seek to accomplish a cause greater than itself whether finished or unfinished?"

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Without militating against anyone's religious convictions, I believe that the only difference between a haunted and non-haunted place is that the haunted place is where people expect to encounter the supernatural in such a way they can measure. I believe that the spirits of the deceased, demons, and angels constantly co-exist with us in a spiritual plane I refer to as the eternal now. I believe this is what Jesus was referring to when He said that God is not God of the dead, but the living. What I have not come to a conclusion on is "What does a spirit in the eternal now do after he/she/it has been there for thousands of years? Hang out locally? Follow thousands of years of progeny around? Seek to accomplish a cause greater than itself whether finished or unfinished?"

LOL! MY belief is that "WE" are SPIRITS having HUMAN experiences, good and/or bad. INDIVIDUAL Soul is composed of those experiences in Intellectual & Emotional "memories", returning to the WORLD of LIGHT (SPIRIT). "Trackers" (as in descendants) are followed by Spirits and Aliens (UFO's); we are YOU, from various Time/Space (there are 10 Dimensions in this MULTI-Verse. ETERNAL NOW is KEY for Human Experiences.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
My home is haunted as well, with mostly peaceful spirits, but one bad one comes occasionally - that one is a danger. When people visit to stay the night, I tell them about it, give them a choice. My children refuse to sleep there. In the six times the bad one has visited me personally, I immediately break into prayer and it goes away. In 2000 it was so disturbing I contacted a medium. He came and was really wacked out - and then he named my stepfather by full name. It didn't make him any less wacky, but lent credibility to what he said. He told me the place had been haunted since the 1860's, there were 142 lost souls there, 11 negative entities, and one fallen angel. The first time I experienced the fallen angel was 1958. When I moved there in 2000, it came after me 5 times that I know of. I took to having prayer meetings there, and started sleeping with my bible over my heart. The bad one stopped coming and has been absent since. The lost souls occasionally show up. One time my stepfather walked through the house to the kitchen sink and started playing with the fixtures. The next day, the water went out. He was telling us we were going to have trouble.

Most of the souls are relatives. The property has been in my family since about the early 1730's.

Most who read this will immediately dismiss my story, and I don't have a problem with that. My intent is to show that these things do happen, do exist.

I don't want to suggest that you tell the current residents - if they've experienced nothing, then they'll immediately dismiss you. I agree that you should let them tell you if they are experiencing anything. Your approach is that the house was your home of childhood and that is your only interest.

If they blow you off, then let them find out on their own. At least you will have satisfied a need you have within you.

I will say that these experiences certainly strengthen your faith!

Good luck.

As a follow-up to this story, I'd said that the bad entity had not reappeared. Got an e-mail from Mom (88) yesterday, that the bad one had come back after her again. She said she started praying and it went away once more. She also said that she's planning on entering a nursing home. Here I am planning to retire the first of August and move back into the house again..... Certainly gives me second thoughts about that plan of mine....

Of note here as related to my story, this house is the 5th house on the property - built by my grandfather in 1950. The haunting predates that house by nearly 100 years. So it is the property which is haunted....

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
As a follow-up to this story, I'd said that the bad entity had not reappeared. Got an e-mail from Mom (88) yesterday, that the bad one had come back after her again. She said she started praying and it went away once more. She also said that she's planning on entering a nursing home. Here I am planning to retire the first of August and move back into the house again..... Certainly gives me second thoughts about that plan of mine....

Of note here as related to my story, this house is the 5th house on the property - built by my grandfather in 1950. The haunting predates that house by nearly 100 years. So it is the property which is haunted....

SMUDGE, then hang up ROYAL SAGE Herb plants...

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
SMUDGE, then hang up ROYAL SAGE Herb plants...

I'd sure love to know more about that! I'm heading down to the farm in a few minutes.... It is a dread going there.

I posted the 1958 experience in the "Proximity" thread also ongoing here.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I'd sure love to know more about that! I'm heading down to the farm in a few minutes.... It is a dread going there.

I posted the 1958 experience in the "Proximity" thread also ongoing here.

Read other "Thread"... (taken where I work).

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Once site of Indian Cave is found (near your driveway), plant Royal Sage Herbs on THAT site... IN THE SPRING!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
UPDATE: Older brother told me that NO further paranormal activities has occurred at MY old homeplace, since I SMUDGED it; young couple that bought it... LOVE the place; has a WONDERFUL view of the mountains & Shenandoah River; hear/see the train coming 'round the bend... playing CCR right now; "UP Around The BEND"...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread