Bigfoot Sighting in North Carolina Caught on Video

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Bigfoot Sighting in North Carolina Caught on Video

By Nick Sanchez | Monday, 10 Aug 2015 06:59 AM

GetFile.aspx.jpg

Video footage of a supposed Bigfoot sighting in North Carolina has whipped the Internet into a frenzy.

"Either there's a Sasquatch out there or someone is trying to play a practical joke," said Eric Walters, who was walking his dog, Zippy, on Thursday morning when he captured the video, told the Ashville Citizen-Times.

Walters said he was on vacation with his wife and another couple, staying in rental cabin on Buck Forest Road. After he submitted his video, he could not be reached for further comment.

According to Gay Weber, chief marketing officer with Carolina Mornings Inc., the video appears to be shot on near a rental cabin at 41 Gold Anchor Lane, not far from N.C. 9 south of Black Mountain.

"I'm flattered that even Bigfoot knows that Carolina Mornings is the best vacation rental company in Western North Carolina," Weber joked Friday. "My inbox is blowing up," he related further, noting that many people saw the rental sign in the video.

Weber said he'd never personally seen Bigfoot in the area, but added that "it is a great cabin in a beautiful location."

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I wanna know is...
Why the heck did he take the camera off of it... and focus on dog running off...
Sheesh.
I would run after it... filming it the whole time.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
hahahhahahahhahahahahahaaaa now that's funny.

But- since it's on the internet, it is absolutely true, and now a fact.

Bigfoot LIVES!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it might be a little more believable without the sound! :laughing7:

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would not of taken the camera or my eyes off of it, then a change of underwear would of been in order :occasion14:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was a bit lean for a bigfoot imo

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya and that was me on the video? It would have been one continuous beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep what thBeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppp come back here you Beeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppp at a safe distance of course! Not, oh thank you for scaring it away little doggy!

Capt Nat

Nov 11, 2013
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
GTI 2500
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP can mark this one as solved.... That was my ex-wife

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keep laughing. If you ever see one you'll believe...

I can say that's True.
If I ever see one ... that is :unhappysmiley:

Actually I already do believe they have a good chance of existing.
I believe there are allot of creatures in the world, we still have no pics of.

but I also believe all but maybe 1 or 2 of the videos/pictures out there are
either fake or misidentifications . & 1 or 2 is being generous on my part :laughing7:
odds against having a camera ready or even looking in the right place at the right time
are astronomical. and even then getting a pic clear enough to ID what is in it,
even more unbelievable .

as I don't believe they are everywhere there is woods.
and I also believe bigfoot hunters are quacks looking in the wrong place.

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can say that's True.
If I ever see one ... that is :unhappysmiley:

I believe there are allot of creatures in the world, we still have no pics of.

but I also believe all but maybe 1 or 2 of the videos/pictures out there are
either fake or misidentifications . & 1 or 2 is being generous on my part :laughing7:
odds against having a camera ready or even looking in the right place at the right time
are astronomical. and even then getting a pic clear enough to ID what is in it,
even more unbelievable .

as I don't believe they are everywhere there is woods.
and I also believe bigfoot hunters are quacks looking in the wrong place.

I believe that maybe it started as Indians dressed in furs to scare off the white man. Then it just stuck and the legend grew. :dontknow: I find it hard to believe, with all the hunters in the U.S. in the past 100's of years, no one was close enough to shoot one. or maybe existed at one time, but not now in the U.S. with planes,I think every part of our country was explored for something. But who knows....I might see one tomorrow and no one would believe me!:laughing7:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I believe that maybe it started as Indians dressed in furs to scare off the white man. Then it just stuck and the legend grew. :dontknow: I find it hard to believe, with all the hunters in the U.S. in the past 100's of years, no one was close enough to shoot one. or maybe existed at one time, but not now in the U.S. with planes,I think every part of our country was explored for something. But who knows....I might see one tomorrow and no one would believe me!:laughing7:
You can "google" Bigfoot Sightings by States; Virginia has several...

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

Somewhere around 2.5 million game cameras in use. You would have thought that one of them would have seen Bigfoot by now...

Screen Shot 2015-08-11 at 8.00.18 AM.png

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I personally believe. I've noted on a couple posts here that my cousin and I saw the traveling ice show in Reidsville, NC around 1972. It was just as described by Lloyd Pye in the video "Everything you know is wrong". Blood leaking up through the ice, etc.

Now, as OP, I posted this because it was cute, but also think it was faked. The area of Black Mountain in Western North Carolina has a history of such things.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen Bigfoot at least 4 times up in Northern Minnesota and I still don't believe in it!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Bigfoot Encounters. I wasn't sure how to import it, but the website is there. Go to sightings, encounters and then scan down to Texas, Bexar County, July 1973. This was my report and the FRC at the bottom stands for Frank Ross Charles--ME. Still have no idea what we saw, but it scared ALL of us. I quit hunting and pretty much never went out with just a detector. Carried a gun after that. Went from loving the woods to being very afraid. Still am. This was the only thing that ever really scared me. Again, have no idea what we saw, but it was huge. 7-8 feet, several hundred pounds maybe. Promise you, this one was real. Later heard a couple of other stories, but couldn't verify...

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigfoot Encounters. I wasn't sure how to import it, but the website is there. Go to sightings, encounters and then scan down to Texas, Bexar County, July 1973. This was my report and the FRC at the bottom stands for Frank Ross Charles--ME. Still have no idea what we saw, but it scared ALL of us. I quit hunting and pretty much never went out with just a detector. Carried a gun after that. Went from loving the woods to being very afraid. Still am. This was the only thing that ever really scared me. Again, have no idea what we saw, but it was huge. 7-8 feet, several hundred pounds maybe. Promise you, this one was real. Later heard a couple of other stories, but couldn't verify...

Bigfoot: Strange sighting in the Texas Hill Country 1973....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread