Like to Read Civil War Novels?

A

archaeon

One of my favorite authors, Bernard Cornwell, wrote the "Starbuck" series...four books that follow a Yankee youth who switches side to fight for the South. He also wrote the "Sharpe's Rifles" series, and the Saxon/Dane series for those of you in England. It's very interesting to read historically based novels that give reference to alot of the things we find. I hope you enjoy them.
HH nic

R AND R

Jan 25, 2009
Menominee, MI
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Sidewinder,Stingray 2, Bandito Classic, 1265X w/ Hot Head 12, BHID 9.5 coil and Garrett ACE 2fiddy!
Guns of the South - Harry Turtledove........

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
archaeon,
enjoy reading about the War of the Rebellion.

Mostly history; a novel here and there.
Not many novels; last one I really enjoyed
was, " Coal Black Horse", by Olmstead.
Its one of the few novels that lets you
feel exactly how horrible that rebellion was.

have a good un.....
SHERMANVILLE

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
"I propose to fight it out on this line if it takes all summer."
Gawd, The Wilderness.
Brutal reality of human nature.

OP
OP
A

archaeon

the Sharpe's Rifle series is really good...about the first rifles in the British military, they were called "the grasshoppers"

R AND R

Jan 25, 2009
Menominee, MI
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Sidewinder,Stingray 2, Bandito Classic, 1265X w/ Hot Head 12, BHID 9.5 coil and Garrett ACE 2fiddy!
Forgot to mention- The Harry turtledove - Guns of the South - is sorta Si-Fi it's about some fellas that travel back in time and bring the CSA some AK-47's and stuff........no really.... So if your into history it would not be a good read more like a "what if" alternate history. Yall were talking about historical/fiction and such.

OP
OP
A

archaeon

R AND R said:
Forgot to mention- The Harry turtledove - Guns of the South - is sorta Si-Fi it's about some fellas that travel back in time and bring the CSA some AK-47's and stuff........no really.... So if your into history it would not be a good read more like a "what if" alternate history. Yall were talking about historical/fiction and such.
now that you mention it, i have heard of that boook and i have always wanted to read it...i was a science fiction nut first, then british royal navy, then historical novels....ever read the "Casca" series...Barry Saddler, the guy that wrote the Green Beret jump song

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its either James Reasoner or Jim Reasoner that has a very good series of books. There Great reads and if I remember right he is a relic hunter also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread