pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Take a look at www.lulu.com at this site you can post your ebooks or manuscripts which they turn into hardcopies for you, and post on a shop which has been made especially for your books, stories, articles. In other words you can make money from your writing.

God bless
Peter

T

TreasureTales

pgill said:
I once wrote a book on Magic on a typewriter (only hard copy). I read it again about 3 years ago, and cringed at what I wrote..... I would not buy my book ;D

God bless
Peter

Actually, good writers do what you did. That's what makes them good...the desire to always improve, or to think previous work could/should have been written better. Re-write your book, it could turn out to be GREAT!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pgill said:
I once wrote a book on Magic on a typewriter (only hard copy). I read it again about 3 years ago, and cringed at what I wrote..... I would not buy my book ;D

God bless
Peter
LMAO :D :D :D :D

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still working on my book. I've been published in some mags. years ago when I had more to say. Western & Eastern, few fishing magazines before the detecting bug. If it wasn't for spell cheker, I'd be suunk. ;)

Sandman

oldestjim

Sep 5, 2004
Southern California
;D ;D Jeffro... the September 2001 article... I well remember your article. In the
same issue was one by Mas Kadanoga. Mas is quite a detectorist. Competition, beaches, coins, beach and meteorites. If anyone reading this thread is interested in competition (fee) hunts I believe Mas will be at the AMDA competition hunt at Laughlin the last weekend in the month, October.

Z

ZipDogg

I wrote Pres. Clinton about Terrorism in 1996...

you see how that turned out. :-X :-\ ::)

RatRacer

May 23, 2006
Trafford, PA
I've got about 3/4 of the text written for a children's book. It's a "mostly True" story about a pet goldfish that my mom adopted. I'm going to finish it in a few weeks, and Lucysheep is going to do the illustrations. Also had ideas for two other books, one of which could be a fairly cheesy movie, but I don't think I could write it.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had some of my stuff published , but mostly technical junk, police procedures and even authored some state law, but I have always felt that was something anyone could do. I'm always being asked to write letters for someone else who just can't put into words the point they are trying to convey. Other than that I am a rank amateur, but I always thought I had a novel in me although short stories seems to be my calling. Now that the colder season is on us and I can't get out as much, maybe I can finish what I started? My problem is I read back over it and I don't like what I wrote so I am always editing it. Maybe I'll never finish but it is good mental exercise. God knows I need it! Monty

W

willrich

I think there is a writer in all of us, but some of us are lefties (o;

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
I've written 70+ short stories (only 1 *possibly* published) ranging in subject from Christmas/Santa Claus, mischievious bakers, "pop", (sometimes humorous) horror, sci-fi, and more. Still haven't written enough to collect into a book for any one genre yet. :(
Plus there is the score of proper book projects started....

My best advice for anybody contemplating writing is to *just do it*. Don't let other people tell you how (or what) to write! It took me 10 years to "unlearn" all I was taught in school before I found my "inner voice".

Now if I'd just take the time I spend on the internet and devote it to writing I'd generate a frightening amount of output.... ;)

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
tenbears said:
I have been on of this site for about two years, and i beleive gypsy could write a series of books with the imformation shes blessed us with :) ;)
Thanks Tenbears....I appreciate that .....have a couple of books in the works right now....just finishing them seems to be the problem....LOL

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Um,

"I Forgot what I was going to write... nobody woulda' read it anyway."

If you want to quote the above line in your next book - I'll sell ya' the rights to it.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always think I should write a book, but never have got around to it. I read on average 6-8 books a month. I do write poetry and have been published a few times. I think about putting together a collection for a book, but I always put it off for someday because I just have too much to do today.

T

TreasureTales

txkickergirl said:
I always think I should write a book, but never have got around to it. I read on average 6-8 books a month. I do write poetry and have been published a few times. I think about putting together a collection for a book, but I always put it off for someday because I just have too much to do today.

With a computer and a printer, you can publish your own poetry right from the comfort of your own home. I know it's true because I did it. It's not fancy, but I've sold a few copies to mining museums in California and Nevada. (I write mining poetry - an untapped niche. LOL)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread