Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It actually has more than Pictures ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dralston

Greenie
Nov 20, 2005
Wyoming
I've worked on a novel. The storyline is pretty much done, but characters need a lot of work yet. Had 70 pages typed up, but junked most of it. I don't know if I will ever actually finish it, but it is neat to think about.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOLA: sheesh, not finished yet, always tomorrow, it is more fun taliking to Gypsy, kitty, Nana or one of The gals in here.

Besides writing is hard self disciplined work if you expect it to be positively reviewed by your peers.

Basic work scheme, write 10 pages, review, discard 9 and start again, sigh.

Jose de La Mancha ( I tilt windmills )

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
"I only use Crayons" Now that could apply to a lot of us... I believe Cap'n Bil(d) has been accused of that more than once! (No offense)

I wish I could write and keep people entertained.... more than a story or two in this lifetime so far!

Great post Gypsy. :D

jglunt

Feb 15, 2005
On the big Muskegon River in W. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been a freelance writer for a weekly paper entitled the "Auction Exchange & Collector news". I get to pick & choose antique auctions to cover and photograph here in the Northwest Michigan area. It keeps me tuned into the antique and collectible market

It's tougher than you would think to keep it fresh, interesting and informative every week in 1500 words or less...and, oh yeah, AP style points.

The book is still in my head but I can't focus on it long enough to push it out. Too many other interesting things in life to see and do.

Here's one that was published in another forum a while back...if any one is interested.

http://www.star-riders.org/starcruiser/newstar/article.php?issue=6.6&article=210

jg

O

OKIE

The only thing I write is my name on all fo the
bill checks >:( and that is no fun ::)
Good luck and happy hunting to all
Ray

S

stefen

Graduate thesis on rehabilitation of open pit mining sites. Actually published and still in print for over 30 years. Also several novels and a third on its way.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I just came up with a new idea for a book that would go over well, I believe. Now if I only knew how to write and sell at the same time...... LOL! ;D

Any tips for would be authors out there?

MichaelB

Aug 13, 2005
Mobile Bay, Alabama
I'm building a web page that covers the Battle of Mobile Bay, the history of Baldwin and Mobile County, Alabama. It has a gallery page where I show all of the relics that people have sent me pictures of and old photo's. It has a history ofthe oldest families and stories of ghost, pirates, civil war, etc. I hope to be ready for the big unveal in August. The locals have heard about it and they are sending me some really neat photo's that I think people will enjoy. Gypsy, I posted one in your ferry thread.

MichaelB

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
screen play..movie from the 40s been remade once this one well it will have elements of the orignal in it .but with modern characters and time line ,well 90s or present day havent decided.....

snake35

Jul 25, 2005
West Virginia
I started keeping a journal of my travels and random thoughts. Just to see where my head is now as compared to a year ago. Definatly would not want anyone else to read it though.

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
I use to wright about reptile care in a local paper. Two of three paragraphs were enough. I could not imagine writting a whole book.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been attempting to write a book although not about metal detecting or treasure hunting. I work in spurts, I seem to have energy peaks where the words flow and then it just shuts off. I would like to have a solid month alone, no phones, TV, radio nothing but my own thoughts and then maybe I could finish. Monty

Daryl Friesen

Mar 21, 2003
Vancouver,British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Hey,

I have tried my hand at writing a few things in regards to the subject of lost treasure. I have managed to finish one book Seekers of Gold, you can read part of it on the internet. I have one other book half done as well that is a lost treasure work of fiction and I also have a rough draft of a screenplay done and I have various short treasure storys you can also read online.At the moment I am totally blocked and searching for inspiration that does not seem to come. You can go to the following links to check some of the writing out. I hope you enjoy.

www.bc-alter.net/dfriesen/insider.htm
www.bc-alter.net/dfriesen/mineintro.html

Thanks
Daryl Friesen

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to take stories I have witnessed and /or heard and add a little of what I think might have happened to fill in the blanks. So, is that historical fiction or what? I write a lot of goofy things, but believe it or not, they are all founded in actual fact. Monty

T

TreasureTales

Interesting...lots of authors and wannabe authors online here.

I've had several feature articles published in magazines, mostly about treasure hunting, prospecting, and rockhounding. Been thinking about a novel, but I don't want to begin until I've lost the lust for treasure and "exploring" the American West.

My little tip for wannabe writers: write in the same style you speak, but make sure to cut out the expletives and clean up the grammar and spelling. Then write what you felt, saw, thought, anticipated, in other words -- write from a personal perspective whether writing for hobby type magazines or fictional works. For more serious, technical writing, stick to the FACTS and leave opinions out. There is almost as much excitement in seeing one's byline in a magazine and receiving a check in the mail for your work as there is in finding treasure. Happy Writing!

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I've only been published once, and I thought I was just adding notes to an existing story.... turns out my notes were added to anothers notes, and it was a story. Sept. 2001 ICMJ, if anyone's interested. Wished I had cleaned it up a bit before I sent it in, LOL!

T

TreasureTales

Jeffro said:
I've only been published once, and I thought I was just adding notes to an existing story.... turns out my notes were added to anothers notes, and it was a story. Sept. 2001 ICMJ, if anyone's interested. Wished I had cleaned it up a bit before I sent it in, LOL!

One of my favorite magazines, Jeffro. What was the subject, so I can look through my back issues and read your article? I've been published in that mag, too, forgot which month and year. Anyhow, it's a great mag and has some good info about metal detecting, treasure hunting in general, mining and prospecting. It also has a good editorial slant. AND it's a "must read" for anyone who wants to learn where some old tailings piles or mine dumps might be available for MDing. A friend of mine got a clue from an article and went to the site (abandoned) and found a half ounce nugget in the tailings.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
"Prospectors Rally"

Tom Ashworth and I used to hang out a bit, he once had the best site on the net for prospectors. The contributors to this article were myself and Debra, his wife. Scott Harn mistakenly assumed that my girlfriend at the time was my wife, and so she shows up as Marsha Chase, LOL.... but it was a last minute thing.... the pics with the article are my son and nephew.

http://www.icmj2.com/01Sep/01SepTOC.htm Thats us on the cover, too. I believe Leonard took the shots, but didn't get credited in the issue. Heck of a photographer, his pics have graced several covers over the years.

T

TreasureTales

Jeffro said:
"Prospectors Rally"

Tom Ashworth and I used to hang out a bit, he once had the best site on the net for prospectors. The contributors to this article were myself and Debra, his wife. Scott Harn mistakenly assumed that my girlfriend at the time was my wife, and so she shows up as Marsha Chase, LOL.... but it was a last minute thing.... the pics with the article are my son and nephew.

http://www.icmj2.com/01Sep/01SepTOC.htm Thats us on the cover, too. I believe Leonard took the shots, but didn't get credited in the issue. Heck of a photographer, his pics have graced several covers over the years.

Thanks for posting the details. I'll dig out that issue from my files and read your article. The title of the article is intriguing, I probably read it in 2001, but alas my memory is slipping daily. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread