Karl Von Muelletr Books

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
I have seen photos of two of the first five volumes. Paul Tainter of the Exanimo Establishment was shown several of the early editions but could not convince the owners to let him make xerox copies in return for free merchandise. A copy of Volume 5 hard bound sold on ebay for $202.50 in 2003. I was away from my computer and had bid $200. I have repeatedly advertised $50 each for a clear xerox with no takers and another man has advertised $500 for any volume. At the major Shepherd's Mall treasure show a man addressed the crowd and offered $1000 to be shown a copy of any of the five volumes and six varieties. No one was able to collect. Complete sets were donated to various libraries and I am still tracking them down. So far every set was stolen and is no longer available. Specifically there were volume 1, volume 2, volume 3, volume 4 - east, volume 4 - west, and volume 5. These all exists in paper covers and also existed in hard cover. exanimo, siegfried schlagrule

BigRon

May 22, 2007
Richmond Texas
Detector(s) used
, BH Lone Star, BH Pinpointer, Homebuilt BFO, Index finger
I bought a coppy of KVM's "The Treasure Hunter's Manual", sixth edition printed 1961.
Is this the same as #6? I payed $10.00 for it. ;D

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
THM6 is copyright 1961 and is sometimes shown as Treasure Hunter's Manual, sixth edition. Any of them are better than nothing but the editions before RAM are the most useful. exanimo, siegfried schlagrule

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I'm curious SS- I located a copy of "Waybills to El Dorado" and it says on the front "Volume 1 of 5"

Were more printed?

Also, the Owlhooters manuals.... I have 1 and 2. Any more out there?

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Volumes 2-3-4-5 manuscripts were destroyed in the fire - more properly it was most likely the notes for those manuscripts were destroyed. He died shortly after most likely from a broken heart. The only owlhooter manuals that were printed were volume one and volume two. Some of the owlhooter columns from the national prospectors gazette were never reprinted and he may have planned additional volumes. I saw ads for an Owlhooter's Gazette but have never seen a copy of it. I've been advertising for it for years with no reports of anyone having it so it may have died aborning. I rarely find anything I'm missing from him for sale or trade. exanimo, siegfried schlagrule

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Thats too bad... if there were more volumes like the original one, that would be a treasure in itself. :(

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Jeffro said:
Thats too bad... if there were more volumes like the original one, that would be a treasure in itself. :(

There are lots of volumes like the original. He was showing folks what to look for not where to look for it. You could easily fill a binder with local treasure stories. Learn to ask leading questions and take good notes that include a way to contact the person telling the story. How do you get the stories? Make a statement that reminds them of something like ..... "Did you hear about that guy over on the four-lane? He stops to change a flat tire and finds a tobacco can of old coins. I spent good money for a great metal detector and I would sure love to have that happen to me." The locals will start telling about all the folks who died with money unfound and one or two will follow you to the parking lot and offer the opportunity to follow them home and search for something. Make sure you verify they own the property and then enjoy yourself. Almost every von Mueller book was written in layers. Every time you read it you will notice something new that you missed before. His basic premise was that he wanted to help but he didn't want to make it too easy. exanimo, siegfried schlagrule

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions