RAIN LET IT RAIN.

hamer81

Aug 29, 2012
Just had over 2" of here in my area. Is it true that moist ground will give you more depth?

OP
OP
got2dig

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think it dose, and I know that it makes it EZ to dig. And helps with the small stuff to.
I like to hunt Oct. to May. This has been when I find most of my Stuff.
Not saying that you can't hunt in July but the digging well here in Ten. you just can't dig. HH

hamer81

Aug 29, 2012
I think that will be my time of year to, diggin is easier and no bugs, man they eat me alive. I've tried spray but doesn't seem to work very well

OP
OP
got2dig

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I got out today in the rain the dirt it starting to get right, so get out there and find some good stuff. HH

hamer81

Aug 29, 2012
Gonna go to a new place friday to hunt . Used to be a CW hospital but has seen many mders. Ill see what happens, it is along the river and is real brushy I'm gonna stomp around in the brush a lil most people to lazy for that

OP
OP
got2dig

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Go get some good stuff. Sound like that will pay off. Them hospitals had lots of things going on. Post up your finds. HH

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sharpen your shovel, cutting roots is what slows people down and discourages them. Also get some good insect repellent for ticks. It may be getting cool, but they are still out there. Good luck.

hamer81

Aug 29, 2012
I will find some good stuff adventually, just a lot of trash an newer coins as of now but I will post if I find some good relics. Thanks for the advice on the roots, I may need a bigger shovel.

OP
OP
got2dig

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You will do good just get out there.

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
hamer81 said:
I will find some good stuff adventually, just a lot of trash an newer coins as of now but I will post if I find some good relics. Thanks for the advice on the roots, I may need a bigger shovel.

If you can afford it, find either a Predator tools model #41 Richmond shovel, a model#45 folding shovel or an Vietnam era Ames 1965 trenching-folding shovel. (Spend the money to get the real deal, not a cheap knockoff. It will have AMES and year engraved on blade.) Those shovels will work great in the woods cutting roots. You fold it and use it in a chopping motion. Thats why I suggested the Richmond....

Have fun and show us what you find!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread