Little rocks identification

xander66

Greenie
Oct 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey guys, I was wondering if you could help me nail down some little guys before I wrap them up. The first one is a pink sparkly pyramid I found near a river in MN. IMG_0183.JPG IMG_0184.JPG That's both sides of the pyramid.

And the next thing I actually have three specimens of, and I'm wondering if the rainbow effect is man made...they came from a quartz crystal box and seem strange. IMG_0185.JPG IMG_0186.JPG IMG_0187.JPG
Its hard to get them in focus and shining, but I think you can get the idea from the pictures.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not sure on the first one, red quartz?
I don't think its part of a crystal shape.

The second thing could be slag.

Upvote 0

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your probably right EU for the first one. I'd call it a bit of red quartz as well though probably not rose quartz~ it appears to be a bit of a massive chunk.
The shine and sparklies come from fracturing along internal crystals of the piece xander.
The second set of photos are some sort of lab grown material~ there is a name for it but it eludes me just now. Its an oxidized metal alloy.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
X

xander66

Greenie
Oct 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok thanks guys, i figured those things had to be man-made.
And a quick scratch test with what I had (scratches fluorite but not other quartz) would confirm red quartz. Its neat that it managed to make such a clean pyramid.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread