This is a crystal that weighs 9.12 LBS maybe light sky blue Aquamarine?

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First Aquamarine crystal for TNET 021.JPG First Aquamarine crystal for TNET 016.JPG First Aquamarine crystal for TNET 020.JPG This crystal came from the ground as is. All crystal. Has a sky blue green colour in I think Columnar shape. Been talking about it with my Tnet friends and here it is so check it out. If turned in light can see the colour better. First Aquamarine crystal for TNET 015.JPG Thanks.

OP
OP
G

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That seriously looks like a massive tabular Aquamarine crystal formation!

BruntBear if you looked at closeup you can see the red dirt in the crack and other little pits in the crystal. I need someone like you to help me with cleaning stuff or get someone that knows how to. All I have done is liquid handsoap with tooth brush and Super Ironout but still needs better cleaning.

Upvote 0

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
You've honestly got it really clean. Some inclusions will make their way into fractures and they don't come out. It is both normal and acceptable; especially for specimens.

If you've cleaned it with iron out, it's probably as close to clean as it will get. :occasion14:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've honestly got it really clean. Some inclusions will make their way into fractures and they don't come out. It is both normal and acceptable; especially for specimens.

If you've cleaned it with iron out, it's probably as close to clean as it will get. :occasion14:

That is great to know BB as I did not know for sure. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't know if the whole thing could be called a crystal, but on one end I to see some nice terminations.
My first thought, given the terminations, is quartz. On top of the iron stained crack you can see it, I'd like another photo just to see better what's up there. :)

I also see some transparency in there, good sign for more crystals.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if the whole thing could be called a crystal, but on one end I to see some nice terminations.
My first thought, given the terminations, is quartz. On top of the iron stained crack you can see it, I'd like another photo just to see better what's up there. :)

I also see some transparency in there, good sign for more crystals.

Thanks Eu_citzen for your reply and opinion. Together we will try to figure it out.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread