Hello hounds,easy macro!

Neon

Greenie
Jun 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New to the site, but been a rock lover for ages. I don't know if this has been posted before, but my Main reason for this post is that I have seen a lot of terrible macro shots of rocks. All you need are a loupe and smart phone. Just put the lens against you camera lens and hold close to your subject adjust your distance for focus and shoot. Simple. I'm going to try post a few shots using 15x and 10x lenses. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Rasputin

Dec 11, 2008
Ho Hum Hollow, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I've always wanted to do this with some of my gemstones with interesting inclusions but quality microscopes are expensive. Thanks for showing me how to do it on the cheap.

Upvote 0

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I just made a post last night about my new USB microscope. Can't quite get a full quarter in the screen all at once, but it'll zoom in supposedly up to 1000x. The pics are VERY clear, and less than $30 on Amazon. Is cheap plastic but WOW, the images are awesome!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DDJAGUS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you have a small laptop, can use it out in the field. Also, they have some models for use with certain smart phones, but seems they're still having some troubles getting the scopes to work properly with phones.

I don't use a smart phone, but have wondered how other people get such closeup shots. Thanks for the info Neon. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Raynox lenses, for cameras, also might be a viable solution for "ordinary" photography of specimens. Far cheaper then any macrolens, I use one for taking pics of my gemstones.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread