Administration finally has the okay to use Propaganda on Americans!

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicely done,, repealed the law that somewhat protected US citizens from full on propaganda by it's own government. Isn't that quaint? On some thread someone told me I should read statements issued by our king before I speak out.. As it turns out maybe we shouldn't. But I realize many people are very susceptible to brainwashing. This should work out well for America, HUH?

Here try this hat on.

'Anti-Propaganda' Ban Repealed, Freeing State Dept. To Direct Its Broadcasting Arm At American Citizens | Techdirt

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here ya go dude!

"For decades, a so-called anti-propaganda law prevented the U.S. government's mammoth broadcasting arm from delivering programming to American audiences. But on July 2, that came silently to an end with the implementation of a new reform passed in January. The result: an unleashing of thousands of hours per week of government-funded radio and TV programs for domestic U.S. consumption in a reform initially criticized as a green light for U.S. domestic propaganda efforts.

The Broadcast Board of Governors, which produces programming like the Voice of America and Radio Free Europe, has been prevented from aiming its programming at Americans since the 1970's when the Smith-Mundt Act (which authorized the State Dept. to communicate with foreign audiences via many methods, radio being one of them) was amended to prohibit domestic dissemination of the BBG's broadcasts. This was done to distance the State Department's efforts from the internal propaganda machine operated by the Soviet Union. "

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why does the BO employ gobs of social scientists to help him craft his message to the "masses" ? Is he just trying to do his part to keep unemployment down?
A better possibility is that he must learn to control,, you, using just the right words and phrases.

Like, Let's just grab something out of the air.. Those wascally republicans are stopping everything I do and saying no all the time. We know this isn't true, we know that the Republicans don't have the power, or the willpower to stop anything. But it makes a great bit of propaganda to chew on ,,, HUH?

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone ever heard of this book? By Cass Sunstein. Limiting your options to the ones that they deem appropriate. To head you in the direction they think you need to go.
Nudge (book) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is an excerpt of a paper he wrote not that long ago. Remember he was the BOs regulatory Czar. Now he is going to serve on the NSA's oversight panel.

"
Cass Sunstein, who served as the administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs throughout most of the Obama’s first term, advocated numerous policies as an academic – including the government infiltrating conspiracy theorist groups by joining “chat rooms, online social networks and real space groups,” in a 2008 paper he co-wrote at Harvard, as recently reported by The Washington Post.
“Those who subscribe to conspiracy theories may create serious risks, including risks of violence, and the existence of such theories raises significant challenges for policy and law,” the 2008 paper said.
“The first challenge is to understand the mechanisms by which conspiracy theories prosper; the second challenge is to understand how such theories might be undermined.” It continues, “Because those who hold conspiracy theories typically suffer from a crippled epistemology, in accordance with which it is rational to hold such theories, the best response consists in cognitive infiltration of extremist groups. Various policy dilemmas, such as the question whether it is better for government to rebut conspiracy theories or to ignore them, are explored in this light.”
The website ZeroHedge.com went so far as to ask if Sunstein is “America’s Goebbels?” "

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recall when Fox News argued in a court of law their station had the right to lie to viewers on the air. Propaganda has been blasting into our homes for a long time now...

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recall when Fox News argued in a court of law their station had the right to lie to viewers on the air. Propaganda has been blasting into our homes for a long time now...

Yeah,, I am going to need to see that link, please.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Assuming that is true, there is a world of difference between a private entity doing it, and the government doing it. If you can't see that, you need to go back to school. The mainstream news organizations have been doing it for years, from the liberal side, and you don't see anybody making a big stink about it.
Jim

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So its fine if a company lies to you, but no one else? lol I disagree. And I graduated with honors from college in 1997, so why would I need to go back to school?

Last edited:

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And Fox News has been number one for over TEN YEARS, with more viewers than CNN and MSNBC combined. The "mainstream media" is LED by Fox News. There is no such thing as media martyrdom.

And I wonder what link I could have posted that would have been acceptable. I guess one from Fox News? lol

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I pay more attention to the sources mentioned in the article than anything else. Plenty of meat on that bone at the link I provided...

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way,, here is one from another lefty site.. Nothing to see here,, " I am with the government , I am here to help.

?Nudge? Back in Fashion at White House | TIME.com

There really is no way to equate gov lies with private enterprise lies( do know it exists, I have seen msnbc),, your honors program is terrible, Matt.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And its funny how the topic is diverted to a station other than Fox, when you asked about a link to that specific story. Care to comment on what is going on at Fox when it comes to being honest with viewers? We can talk about MSNBC as soon as you provide a link that shows they did the same as Fox in a court of law...

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I pay more attention to the sources mentioned in the article than anything else. Plenty of meat on that bone at the link I provided...

Makes sense.. I see where you are coming from at least.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess my only point is, if you have a problem with misinformation, or bias, it doesn't matter who is slinging it! For example, I cannot stand CNN when they do special shows about special pet ethnicities, and the struggles they face. I write them and ask them where are all the specials on the trials and tribulations of ASIANS in this country? Or Eastern Europeans? Why is it only 2 ethnicities are ever covered by them when it comes to those kinds of shows?

To me, THAT is biased new reporting!

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh but where you are missing it is this. People are always referring to gov as the be all end all of truth. Albeit by many misinformed people. Now we know they lying! And we know they are pushing your buttons too!

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Overreach on my part Red? Sorry buddy. I meant to say that our Goobers might prevaricate upon occasion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread