Sub Sea Research to Recover WWII Freighter Carrying Tons of Precious Metals

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
F.Y.I.
The mp4 video that can be downloaded is a 4.17 minute series of stills that is somewhat of a commercial and doesn't really show a whole lot.

Here is a screenshot of one of their boats from it. Looks ex-navy.

Attachments

• subsea.jpg
    subsea.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 899

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
those old ex navy boats are used by lots of salvage outfits * helll mel fisher and many others in the past have used them as bases for ops * so what recovery vessel their using isn't the issue --- the issue is wheither they found the actual vessel and the true worth of its cargo and do they have the skill and means to get it up from the bottom -- and how shipping insurance companies will come into play once its off the bottom* -- if they can the insurance companies that paid off for the vessels loss and cargo loss will move in once all the work is done count on it --- Ivan

jeff k

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2006
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom... Sub Sea is the same company that claimed to have found the Notre Dame de la Deliverance off the Keys.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ah as they say the proofs in the pudding. --ie show me the goodies --everyones says they bake a good cake . ;D

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Jeff, Didn't this company also claim to have found a very valuable treasure wreck off the coast of Haiti several years ago ?? I don't recall ever reading about anything that they salvaged from that wreck though.

Kind of reminds me of another company that has made similar claims about having a manifest for a wreck they found that contained up to $300 million in Treasure and now they are calling it an Historical Wreck and if they find any treasure, that would be a plus.

Please keep us posted. I hope they did find something valuable, but I take the same stand as the people from Missouri. " SHOW ME ".

jeff k

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2006
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ed... This might explain what happened.

June 12, 2006

"As the M/V diamond sits waiting for the New Government to give us permission to "go to work" I'll give you an update on what has happened since we arrived.
When we arrived in Haiti in February we fully expected to begin operations to start recovering our targeted site. (The site has produced samples of artifacts dating from the mid 1500's and were turned over to the Haitian Government via the office of the Minister of Finance)

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: Who are the real pirates today? Do they exist? Aye matey, they do.

The ship was finally ready after two weeks of repairs, the engines fixed, water maker repaired, supplies loaded. All that was needed now was a break in the weather to depart to the southern coast of Haiti and continue operations. The crew was excited about this trip, more so than the last five trips. After years of researching and searching, Sub Sea Research had located a ship from the mid 1500’s with what seemed like rare Inca treasure aboard. All the preliminary work had been done: research, video, sampling of artifacts had been recovered and turned over to the government as per their contract. Years of work were about to finally pay off. Then the letter came. The government of Haiti had stopped all underwater operations to get a “better understanding on their sub-aquatic program”, and would not allow Sub Sea's ship to return. But, we were already there. Recently Sub Sea Research became aware of looting of Haiti’s underwater marine resources. We then contacted one of our employees who work’s on the ship while we are in Haiti, and instructed him to contact the police and to go out to the vessel in question and search same for stolen artifacts. The police apparently ran them off. Sub Sea was also informed that another ship retrieved 4-5 bronze cannons from one of their located sites, and headed off to Panama. This has yet to be confirmed, but was stated on Haitian News. Sub Sea is totally against looting or stealing of any kind what so ever. Our goal is to research, recover, conserve and display high value historical artifacts. The looting has to stop. Haiti should not be a victim of unscrupulous pirates. It has also come to our attention that a new company called Caribbean Marine has accused us of “stealing” shipwreck sites that they say they found. This seems to be part of the confusion that has caused the government’s reply. Sub Sea must ask, how can anything be “stolen” if it’s in their contracted area? Caribbean Marine was not in the salvage business until meeting with reps from Sub Sea Research, where they read Sub Sea's documentation. Also, it seems that their legal counsel is the counsel Sub Sea hired to prepare their contract with the government. This seems to be illegal and unethical. Added to that, the representative for the Ministry of Finances was aboard Sub Sea's vessel when they surveyed several sites on the south coast. Reports were handed over to the government representative and judges were hired to validate Sub Sea's findings as they happened. Now Sub Sea finds out that the representative is associated and partnered with Caribbean Marine and Twin Star Marine and is trying to get Sub Sea and their contract voided. This too seems illegal and unethical. It seems that Caribbean Marine is working with a group from Massachusetts who also took items from Sub Sea's contracted site. Have the silver bars and coins Sub Sea located have anything to do with this? The government still has them and per contract they should have been returned to Sub Sea, which they have not!
It seems as if greed has taken its course again. Will the people of Haiti suffer even longer? A Maritime Institute and educational program was planned with the profits received from any sales of low historical value artifacts from recovered shipwrecks. Will it now go into the hands of modern day pirates? Sub Sea Research prays not.
The new government is just about in place in Haiti, and as our vessel waits for the word, either go to work, or leave, we pray that the new government has the people of Haiti as first priority. Will they do the right thing? Or let the pirates continue?"

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
I don't know how any kind of arrangement regarding these shipwrecks can ever be made when dealing with completely corrupt third world countries.

Jay

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I don't normally vouch for too many companies, but these guys have a real opportunity. I saw their research documentation myself.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sub sea better hurry up and get all the metal off that wreck.Scrap prices have been falling steady for the last 2 weeks.Prices are expected to drop even more in the next few months.China isnt buying any scrap since the Olympics have ended.The reason why the scrap prices were at thier peak was because of all the building going on in china.The only thing sub sea can do is salvage the metal and sit on it till the scrap prices come back up.But with the crappy economy who know when that may be,maybe several years from now,maybe never.

tom yerian

Jun 25, 2005
Fla Keys
Detector(s) used
Whites-Fishers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, remember, this is the same group that said the had found the the,"Deliverance"; in the Fla Keys, also was worth 3-4 billion dollars.These guys are always finding these billion dollar wrecks,but, for some reason they never produce...Andarr

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Jose de la Mancha,

Mystical German giant U-boat that you mentioned, XI-B class, was supposed to be found not by Sub Sea Research, but by Trident Research Recovery, Inc. from Maine.

Lobo

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good afternoon my Friend BOBADILLA: I was basing my data on information that sub sea sent me in a brochure. We both are correct heheh

This was in preliminary response to my questioning them on my WW-2 sub located here.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Attachments

• Sub-sea.jpg
    Sub-sea.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 676
  • pp 2 sub sea.jpg
    pp 2 sub sea.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 688

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hello mi amigo Jose,

If you remember, we were in touch about two years ago when I expressed my interest about your discovery of German war sub on the Pacific coast of Mexico. I can not remember why and where our conversation ended but my question is: is your sub still there?

Best regards,
Lobo

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scrap prices have hit rock bottom,all the scrap yards around here are closeing thier doors on monday and laying all thier workers off.But its a killer time to buy motors,generators,copper,lead.I just scored a 1 year old perkins 2 cylinder diesel 6kw generator for $10.00 and its still on warranty!made in italy,retail price 7k!It was missing the mechanical fuel pump,no big deal for me as ill add a electric pump to it.the yard i got it from just got in 2 gasser gensets,i will get them cheap too,good for spares around the house or fix an sell to hurricane victims next summer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread