OP
diverlynn

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Aquanut,
Thanks, I have it on my calender and unless I am on the boat working I will be there.
I have been cleaning house and the yard since I returned. Wednesday night Keith, First Mate from the Polly L, stayed at my house on his way to Jacksonville to pick up his TWIC card so I rode with up with him yesterday. Doug has hired 3 family members to work aboard the boat plus Keith and one investor who has leased out his home so there is no room for me to work for 2 weeks until he can work out a schedule for us all. :-\
I was hoping/expecting to go back to work Monday. They are working the HTQ site off Melbourne.
I am working a few hours here and there for a local land broker (I have been doing this for the last 6 or 7 years) to try to keep my head above water and catch up on the household monthly bills. My child support ended this month, that didn't help any, bummer.

Otherwise, great to be home and have sent and received numerous emails to my family in Peru. We are all missing each other very much.

Mother in law leave our house yesterday and she went to her mother house. Now we are alone. Andrea was with tiers in her face because you and Toti are absent. Paula asked when you will return. Paquito sleep in his room (your) but he returns to our room in the night. Micaela -of course- is in her world.
Paco

Diverlynn

Attachments

• My cousins in Peru.jpg
    My cousins in Peru.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 550

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
Lynn,

Isn't it amazing how much good came out of your trip to Peru, which came about as a result of a terrible problem?

Glad to see that your life is almost back to normal, but even fuller because of the experience and the new friends you made down there.

Best wishes,

Mariner

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
O.K. Lynn,
I'll wait to hear from you. I'll begin a list of those who are positively going to be at the cookout this coming week.
Aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Lynn,
I don't know if this makes a difference to you, but because the date I chose seems to be inconvenient for too many key people, I'm proposing to everyone that we change the date to June 6th and will await their response. I'll probably change this cookout to that date officially by tomorrow night if it's O.K. with most everyone. Let me know...
John

OP
OP
diverlynn

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
The Yabar family is in the jungle this week on vacation. The natives must have internet! Paco sent an email yesterday checking on me.

diverlynn

Attachments

• With the indians-1.jpg
    With the indians-1.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 487
  • paella in the jungle-1.jpg
    paella in the jungle-1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 493
OP
OP
diverlynn

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Proposed Mastectomy Law Change

(written by a surgeon);

I'll never forget the look in my patients eyes when I had to tell them they had to go home with the drains, new exercises and no breast. I remember begging the doctors to keep these women in the hospital longer, only to hear that they would, but their hands were tied by the insurance companies.

So there I sat with my patient giving them the instructions they needed to take care of themselves, knowing full well they didn't grasp half of what I was saying, because the glazed, hopeless, frightened look spoke louder than the quiet 'Thank you' they muttered.

A mastectomy is when a woman's breast is removed in order to remove cancerous breast cells/tissue. If you know anyone who has had a mastectomy, you may know that there is a lot of discomfort and pain afterwards. Insurance companies are trying to make mastectomies an outpatient procedure. Let's give women the chance to recover properly in the hospital for 2 days after surgery.

This Mastectomy Bill is in Congress now. It takes 2 seconds to do this and is very important. Please take the time and do it really quick! The Breast Cancer Hospitalization Bill is important legislation for all women.
Please send this to everyone in your address book. If there was ever a time when our voices and choices should be heard, this is one of those times. If you're receiving this, it's because I think you will take the 30 seconds to go to vote on this issue and send it on to others you know who will do the same.

There's a bill called the Breast Cancer Patient Protection Act which will require insurance companies to cover a minimum 48-hour hospital stay for patients undergoing a mastectomy. It's about eliminating the 'drive-through mastectomy' where women are forced to go home just a few hours after surgery, against the wishes of their doctor, still groggy from anesthesia and sometimes with drainage tubes still attached.

Lifetime Television has put this bill on their web page with a petition drive to show your support.. Last year over half the House signed on. PLEASE! Sign the petition by clicking on the web site below. You need not give more than your name and zip code number..

http://www.mylifetime.com/community...breast-cancer/petition/breast-cancer-petition

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
Completing the form takes less than 30 seconds. Everybody should do it.

Thanks for bringing the opportunity to our attention, Lynn.

Mariner

OP
OP
diverlynn

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
I am back in Lima and with my friends. I am completing my last surgery tomorrow morning and hope to spend the next 2 weeks enjoying my stay. Winter here is cloudy and grey but still nice. I am glad to see all of my peruvian friends and family.

diverlynn

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Wishing you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery Lynn. Give me a shout when you get back to Jupiter.

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay well Lynn, and enjoy your stay down south. You are in our thoughts and prayers!

Tom

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Hi Lynn,
Here's wishing you well! Enjoy your stay down under. Hope to see you when you get back up this way.
Aquanut

OP
OP
diverlynn

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
The surgery went good and all is fine, just a couple of days of rest and will be ready to see some of the sights here.

We have plans to go to Caral, the oldest city in the Americas, 5000 years old and only found less than 10 years ago. About 180 kilometers from Lima.

Attachments

• caral.jpg
    caral.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 312

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting