OP
OP
diverlynn

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
OK, well, I am glad that's over. Surgery went fine. Only one was removed and replaced with the expander. I will also be able to re-insert my first one again 'cause of a new machine which sterilizes them is available here. Still won't be leaving for 2 weeks but better safe than sorry. Maybe I an get some more sightseeing in but have to take it very easy for a while.

Diverlynn

OP
OP
diverlynn

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Well, It's been a long week, say the doctor and everything is doing very good but she wants to make sure so I am here until May 3. I will be able to use my first implant when the time comes. I will have solution injected into this one twice before I will be ready for the permanent again. This should/could be done in 2 months but I don't think I will be able to afford to come down that soon for another month, which is necessary to complete. I am looking at 6 months to come back and the whole thing will be done and over.
I am on my 11 novel since arriving.
I am beginning to understand Spanish much more but still can not speak much.
The weather has changed drastically since I arrived and now goes into winter. Chilly at night but still nice during the day.
Toby, the dog has doubled in size since I arrived.
The kids school year started about the middle of March.
Missing home and a little down the last few days.
My doctor suggested I see some different scenery so I am looking into the idea of a bus tour down south for a couple of days if I can scrape enough money together and still get home. Funds are low and bills at home are stacking up! Will all work out I am sure.
Love you all and thanks for the prayers and well wished, they are working
Lynn

Attachments

• camping at La Chututa.jpg
    camping at La Chututa.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 843
  • Piaya for dinner.jpg
    Piaya for dinner.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 837
  • my host Paco.jpg
    my host Paco.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 822

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
Lynn,

Have faith. Do what you need to do and the rest will work out out. Some would say that the Lord will provide, or that Karma will take its course. There are millions of people in the world that are in far more dire straits. I know that things will work out for you.

God Bless,

Mariner

piratediver

Jun 29, 2006
newport, Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God bless Lynn, I'm sure all will work out for you. I have a question about Paco, please ask him if he ever attended the Naval War College in Newport. I will bet that I have met him here!

Best of luck,

Pirate Diver

OP
OP
diverlynn

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Just saw the doc and all is good and I can return home and to work. I will be allowed to dive in 15 days! I attached some (a lot) of pictures from my weekend trip south to Paracas. Hope you enjoy them.
Will be back in Miami about 3:30 on Sunday. Hopefully I will make it this time.
Missing my usual routine.
Lynn
Things you won’t find in the U.S.
Must kiss on the check, strangers, men and children when introduced
All children (90%) are clean, well dressed and have tutors
Street Sweepers sweeping all streets with a broom all day
Home delivery of medicines, bus tickets, cost $1.60
Doctors give you their cell phone number
Nurses making house calls to give injections, cost $1.60
Human bones (indians) laying in the desert
Icecream sold from bicycles, cost .65-$1.12
KFC & Pizza Hut Deliberéis on bicyles
4 Hour (round trip) bus ticket, breakfast & fresh coffee, cost $30
No water shortage even though it does not (ever) rain in Lima
Guys wash your car while you shop…everywhere, cost $2
All silver is REAL silver
All walls in all buildings, homes and stores are solid concrete
Streets do not run the same direction for long
All crafts in Peru are made in PERU
Alpaca clothing is the best made in the World
At rush tour all buses are at 210% capasity
Every home, business, building have bars around
You can buy any new release movie for $1
One hour north of Lima is the complete opposite season
Cell phone service is s/25 ($8)
No thunder storms or hurricanes

Attachments

• Peru desert bones.jpg
    Peru desert bones.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 686
  • Ballesta Island seals 2.jpg
    Ballesta Island seals 2.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 687
  • Ballesta Island sleeping seals.jpg
    Ballesta Island sleeping seals.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 686
  • Where\'s Waldo! Ballesta Island.jpg
    Where\'s Waldo! Ballesta Island.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 696
  • Paracas, Peru National Reserve.jpg
    Paracas, Peru National Reserve.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 686
  • Lynn @ National Reserve Shore.jpg
    Lynn @ National Reserve Shore.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 685
  • 300BC Paracas Lines.jpg
    300BC Paracas Lines.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 691
  • Desert and Pacific.jpg
    Desert and Pacific.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 694

WaianaeWahine

Apr 28, 2009
Aloha Lyn,

I came across this thread looking for Hydrogen Peroxide treatment options! My closest friend in Palm Bay has just been diagnosed with stage one breast cancer. She will probably go traditional route and luckily has great insurance. Anyway I just wanted to say Blessings and God speed. You have an amazing group of friends on this site! Also the wonderful family in Peru that took you in! This says volumes about how kind and generous people can be.

I am in NE FL now due to family issues and work but am in the process of moving to Orlando. Should get settled in June I hope. Being an island girl I do snorkel but do not dive. I love the ocean and used to be an avid beach comber before life happened! LOL! Maybe now that I am back in FL that will resume? I also have a great interest in Peru so I would love to chat about that too! I do not believe in accidents or coincidence so am sure we were meant to connect. I would love to stay in touch but for now I will keep you in my prayers for sure. Stay safe and be well beautiful lady! By the way, wonderful figure head! WOW!! Hope it travels well. If you have not read or seen the movie "The Secret Life of Bees" read it and rent the movie when you return. You will understand why and will love it!

Blessings,
Laura

OP
OP
diverlynn

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Laura,
I am glad you found the forum and my topic. Although it has nothing to do with treasure, I feel I have been blessed with more treasure than anyone could find in a lifetime. I will be the first to admit I have never been a very religious person but as you said, things happen for a reason and I have a very different outlook on life and have began to feel so much more compassion for people around me here in Lima, my family and my friends here on TN. I have taken so much for granted in the past and my life will be much different.
These are wonderful guys (and a few gals) who have taken the time to cheer me on in this time of need. In the past few years I have felt so alone with no family in Florida but I don't feel that was even after spending 2 months in Peru. I now have an extended family here who will be in my fife till the end of time.

Thanks to you all,

p.s. still have my job with Amelia Research, yea!, as soon as I get back and catch up on things at home.

Diverlynn

Attachments

• Ballesta Island.jpg
    Ballesta Island.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 655

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diverlynn said:
Laura,
I am glad you found the forum and my topic. Although it has nothing to do with treasure, I feel I have been blessed with more treasure than anyone could find in a lifetime.
Diverlynn

Lynn, you are a TreasureNet Treasure!

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
DiverLynn,
You look wonderful.
Any chance you can make it to my cookout? See "Spanish Galleons" thread under "Shipwrecks".
It would be great if you could make it!
Aquanut

OP
OP
diverlynn

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
May 23rd? Really can't tell right now but if I am not on the Polly L I will sure like to make it. Will know more closer to that time.
Thanks for the invite. I would love to see you all.

Diverlynn

OP
OP
diverlynn

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
That I did? Hugged my kid and fur family and started unpacking and going through 2 months of mail. Lots of cleaning, my 18 year old is a slob!!!

;D diverlynn

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Welcome Home Lynn,
Would love to see you at the cookout if you can make it. If you can't, well, I understand. but keep posting to let us know what you're up to.
Aquanut

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread