Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hello Alexandre. Is that your picture in your avatar? Why does Spain file suit against Odyssey Marine Exploration and not sue the other treasure hunting companys that are salvaging Spanish warships in Equador, Philippines, Peru, Bahamas, Brazil, etc?

Alexandre

Bronze Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lisbon
Salvor6 said:
Hello Alexandre. Is that your picture in your avatar? Why does Spain file suit against Odyssey Marine Exploration and not sue the other treasure hunting companys that are salvaging Spanish warships in Equador, Philippines, Peru, Bahamas, Brazil, etc?

Hey... that's two questions! :)

But, yes, it's my picture and I do think that - not being Spanish - Spain will eventually go after those, too. They have been building steam and are going first after the people they think are the most damaging to their property. I was in a meeting last November with their top legal and Navy experts and the papers presented have just been out. I will try to have a thorough reading of them and will get back to you with a more complete answer.

And, by the way, by being also an UNESCO Convention party, Portugal is going down that road, too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread