Treasure Box

E

elle

Making miniatures is another one of my hobbies.
I know many of you love the 1715 Fleet as much as I do,
and I thought of sharing my handmade treasure-themed box with you!
If you look closely, I have included the obvious gear to be camping out and finding
shipwreck treasure along Sebastian's coast with metal detectors, etc...
and I have also included mini replicas of the arrowheads of the Ays Indians
to the English clay pipes originally found at the Higg's site.

Reefdrifter

Jan 4, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Elle,
A nice display but I think a nice addition to your collection of stuff would be to include a bottle of rum and maybe some red wine!!!!

Bob

OP
OP
E

elle

Reefdrifter...what an awesome idea!
I'll go find my glue! ;D

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I love your treasure box Elle.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thats wonderful Elle but be careful. The state archies went undercover and purchased an arrowhead from a Florida collector and then arrested him and confiscated his entire collection!

OP
OP
E

elle

Thanks for the warning Pete...
but mine are replication arrowheads made out of playdough! :o

Thanks Tom...I knew you would like it!

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Elle, look at Dell's post about "Pirates at Sebastian." He has the details about the guy that donated the arrowhead.

scubatreasure

Aug 14, 2008
Trinity, florida
WOW to cool, I'am in the middle of working on a box with my 15 year old niece on the holiday of the celebration of the lives of the dead...a Spanish holiday for her Spanish class, I'm not to familiar with the holiday but your box kicks ass Elle....my box sucks ...I feel bad for the kid...she needs a pro like you to help her out...she is on the verge of failing Spanish class....hey, if I post some pictures of my box can you give me some pointers Elle...pretty please with treasure on top!

Sincerely Limo Bob :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
E

elle

Bob,

Let me make some miniatures for your niece and send them to you.
I'd love to help out...especially when it has to do with Latin Americans. These people
have a very special place in my heart and it would make me very happy to do this.
Just PM me, ok?

Laura :)

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very neat looking box Laura... did you mean the Ais Indians?
Now you just need a couple 8 Reales to accompany the scene... :wink:

Bran <><

OP
OP
E

elle

Thanks Bran...you are sweet!
And you are wise to make note of the spelling for these Florida Indians.
Many nationalities would spell the name differently throughout the centuries.
Examples: Ays, Ais, Is, Ys, Days, Asis, Aiz.
I have many old maps of the area, and the British, French, and Spanish all had their own spelling.
You may choose the one you like best!

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're welcome... it is a lovely box. :)
I was aware that different people groups spelled their name differently, and who knows if any of them are accurate to the translation that the tribe had at that time. I only reason I knew their name off-hand because I used to work with the Central Gulf Coast Archaeological Society for about 5 years back in high school, and I recall some of the different well known tribes around this part of Florida.

Bran <><

scubatreasure

Aug 14, 2008
Trinity, florida
elle said:
Bob,

Let me make some miniatures for your niece and send them to you.
I'd love to help out...especially when it has to do with Latin Americans. These people
have a very special place in my heart and it would make me very happy to do this.
Just PM me, ok?

Elle you are to kind...I must say it is in keeping with the experience I have had with the people I meet on tnet...some of the nicest and most genuine folks I've run across in a long time...I'm sending you a pm with my info...your the best!

Sincerely Limo Bob :icon_pirat:

scubatreasure

Aug 14, 2008
Trinity, florida

My niece removed the alter and cardboard tiki statues, SOS, SOS, this ship is sinking fast, any input on how to decorate my "treasure" box will be greatly appreciated...the theme is Hawaiian, and the Spanish holiday is the celebration of the lives of the dead...and it is for Spanish high school class...many Spanish lives were lost along the coast of Florida...how would we celebrate their lives...I'm at a loss :help: And there were just as many lives lost in the South American countries where the precious treasure we hunt for comes from...again I ask, how do we celebrate their lives on this holiday...I'm clueless :help:
Sincerely, Limo Bob :icon_pirat:

Attachments

• sad lil box.JPG
    sad lil box.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 821
OP
OP
E

elle

Bob...can I send you a bottle of wine?
Take a load off and enjoy life...it is too short to worry.

I shall you send you some goodies tomorrow.
What we need is a feast...a huge Hawaiian feast with roasted pig!
And, of course, a couple skulls near the beach scene.

No worries mate!

Laura

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI ELLE LUV: exquisite work, but the bars & Bells??

As for the dia de los Muertos, that is celebrated on the 1 & 2 of Nov. The first is for deceased Adults, the second for deceased children.

It is celebrated by going to the grave yard the night before, cleaning up the grave site, then sitting down to share a large meal with them on a spread out cloth+----. It starts on one night and extends to possibly 2 days.-

I have gone to a few with my departed Yaqui friends. They serve enormous tortillas of perhaps one meter in diameter, folded into quarters, loaded with
carne asada (Roasted, broiled meat) and booze flows freely.

Are you going to look for that huge cave with the Gold and Silver when you look for that Bell at Tubares?

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
E

elle

Happy Halloween Bob,

Tell your goddaughter, Erin, not to worry at all. Help is being sent via mail.

THE DAY OF THE DEAD (EL DIA DE LOS MUERTOS) IN HAWAII
Picture1742.jpg

I just want her to get a good grade!

Laura :) Off to Trick or Treat!

scubatreasure

Aug 14, 2008
Trinity, florida
...First I would like to thank Don Jose for answering my questions...I get it now...Dad says hi and thanks...we felt it was a great idea and that we would have our own El Dia De Los Muertos...Nov. 1st was my grandfathers birthday, I never knew him since he passed away before I was born.
So we went to a local cemetery in safety harbor where my fathers aunt and uncle are buried, we broke bread had something to drink and listen to dad share stories about their lives... " Priceless memory"

Laura, :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
There are no words that can express the joy you brought to my goddaughter.
After I explained to her how I had come across this thread and how you offered to help I brought her over to the computer to show her what you made...
She was so happy that she just lite up like a candle in the dark...after a few minutes I noticed her crying, I asked her what was wrong...she just threw her arms around me and thanked me... " Priceless Memory "

Erin was so interested in all this she demanded I let her read the whole thread, which of coarse i did. Knowing that I'm trying to get myself together in time to be one of the sub-contractors hunting the 1715 fleet next season she asked me to make her a promise...she said " I don't care where it came from Peru...Mexico...wherever...you gotta give some back....back to the people it was taken from...promise me uncle Robbie promise me "...which of coarse i did. This memory will come with a price that i hopefully will be posting at a later date.
Sincerely, Limo Bob :icon_pirat:

scubatreasure

Aug 14, 2008
Trinity, florida
:wav: Laura, the whole family thanks you, Erin added some of her own touches to it to make it her own, but without you there would be nothing remotely close to this . The grass roof was my idea...lol coolest box ever.jpg

Attachments

• coolest box ever2.jpg
    coolest box ever2.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 593
OP
OP
E

elle

Dear Bob,

Erin's box is outstanding! I am overjoyed and extremely impressed with your final display.
You both have showed enormous creativity and artistic talent.

I was happy to lend a hand and be part of a project that was culturally educational.

I saw something in you, Bob, that I highly respected. Your determined desire to assist your goddaughter in achieving
success was quite evident.
I know I don't know you, but I want to thank you for being such a great uncle and a very caring person.

How could I not help when you were the example of one of my favorite philosophy statements?

"A hundred years from now...it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a CHILD."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread