My email to and response from Governor Rick Scott

bikerlawyer

Jan 9, 2008
Melbourne Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live on the east coast just north of where the Spanish Plate fleet sank in 1715. There are thousands of shipwrecks up and down the coast worth millions. I know that no new salvage permits have been issued in the last 20 years. Is there any way you could cut some of the red tape invovled in getting these permits? it would create jobs!

Dear Mr. Sinclair:

Thank you for contacting Governor Rick Scott. The Governor appreciates your concerns about salvage permits and asked me to respond on his behalf.

For further assistance, please contact the Florida Department of State at the address below. To assist you, I have forwarded your email to the Department for their review.

Florida Department of State
R.A. Gray Building
500 South Bronough Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32399
Telephone: (850) 245-6500

You have the opportunity to influence legislation regarding this issue by contacting your local legislative delegation. You may wish to write to your senator or representative. Those with internet access can find contact information for their legislators and track bills as they proceed through the legislative process at www.leg.state.fl.us.

Thank you again for contacting the Governor's office.

Sincerely,

Julie A. Jordan
Office of Citizen Services

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Maybe just me ... but sounds like sluffing you off. Barely a mention of the topic of shipwreck salvage.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
to me it sounds like a classical typical --pass the buck --talk to someone else in goverment who "runs" that stuff --who might care bit

classic "go see / talk to someone in the dept of blah" -- typical political govt pass the buck / run around " non answer type form letter.

translation

dear mr blah -- go talk to someone at the dept of blah (who your complianing about) , because its them who runs blah and is in charge of blah .

this is the "offical" blah answer.

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Boilerplate response.

Send them an email about fighting to save some rare bird that doesn't even exist in Florida- you will probably get a response about how the 'governor is concerned' and directing you to write to some other agency.

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
I agree with Don . Publish your letter , with the responce of the governor next to it . Cornelius

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
Look here....

At least it is a response, and in that it is a building block.

There aren't many on this blogging site that are more cynical
than me - when it comes to government, but I see this as an opportunity.... Every one of us Treasure Net
bloggers should send both a personal email and a hard letter to this girl or woman
whether you think she is full of crap or not!

Interest groups capture the attention of political types more than individuals
as does "negative publicity". In your inquires don't sound like "crack pots" or "fringe"
individuals. Make the point about real jobs and tourism along our "treasure coast" and
so on...

If you send me or post this woman's address and email addres,
I will follow up....
All of you who read this should as well
instead of just blowing off steam on this blog!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
we have no choice by to chase the subject --if we want to ever get permits to be able to salvage anything ever. -- I agree "a drop of honey will catch more flies than a barrel of vinegar will" -- but I call em as I see em --this is a typical "lame" form letter , saying basically talk to the very folks that are the problem answer.

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess he'll have to read it in print.

Here, all this time, I thought Florida was a 'right to work' state... now I find out I have to be in the archaeologist's union. Whod'a thunk it!

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I agree with Dom. If we flood them with emails, they will take notice. If there is no response, the issue will die. Now is the time to send email to Gov. Scott and press for a response.

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
I still am waiting for an actual address and or email address for

Julie A. Jordan
Office of Citizen Services

Even if she is just some lame intern or something she needs to be set
on fire with cc. ed correspondence!

We need to Let her know passing the buck to the problem can bring REAL heat on to her boss ! :violent1: :violent1:

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
After quite a bit of researching, I did not find an email address for Julie A Jordan or anyone else within the Citizen Services dept. But I did find this:

Citizen Services

850 / 488-7146
850 / 487-0801 (fax)

Citizen Services is divided into two units. The correspondence unit ensures responses to all incoming correspondence for the Governor. The citizens’ assistance unit monitors agencies under the Governor’s direct jurisdiction as provided in Florida Statutes 14.26 regarding complaints filed in writing and by telephone. Citizen Services also provides courtesy greetings.

Tom

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a generic response they send back to anyone who emails them.Then filed in the nearest trashcan.

C

Cappy Z.

As someone who frequents the shipwreck threads often, I find it shocking that no new diving permits have been issued in 20 years? If this true..then wow. Something sounds 'rigged' and like bad fish.

Denniss

Jan 7, 2011
Fort Pierce, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Fisher Impulse, Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The only way to get a politicians attention is to have your lobbyist show up with a healthy campaign contribution. The amount of interest is directly proportional to the amount of the campaign contribution.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Another way to get a politicians attention is to embarrass him or her with the truth; just ask Arnold. That's why I suggested publishing the response letter from the Gov's office regarding the non-existing bird; assuming that response is like the first response as reported above.
Don.......

OP
OP
bikerlawyer

bikerlawyer

Jan 9, 2008
Melbourne Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately money talks and all else walks. But getting the ear of your local senator and representative doesn't hurt, especially if they like diving and treasure. Then maybe they'll talk to the Governor.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread