captbonnie

Jan 22, 2007
Vero Beach FL
Detector(s) used
AQ1B
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
www.1715FleetSociety.com

Just checked this site after reading new issue of PLVS VLTRA - have to open each issue on the way in from the mailbox
some great photos here... :notworthy:
Ben Costellos site -- getting warmed up for the 300 year anniversary of the 1715 Fleet shipwrecks :hello2: :hello2:

many of you will remember the mention of this at the STLC meeting at Tampa FUN show. Thanks to Ernie at PLVS VLTRA for a good write up on this
in the current issue

Get ready Treasure Coast!!!! 1715/2015 !!!

jeff k

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2006
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice site. I'll have to put a link to it on my website.

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
Bonnie, thanks for posting this. Great site. It would be even better if they added some pics of "the bird" to their gallery.

Pete

C

Cappy Z.

I noticed on TN that there is a thread where Polly L stock is being offered for half price...then I checked the activity that is posted starting with the year 2009. I must say I honestly expected a lot more photos of treasure found and diving activity. I am curious to know with all the divers posting here, what is the general feeling about this years activity in terms of number of actual crews and of course which general areas are expecting to produce..treasure?

Thanks.

C

Cappy Z.

My veiled request for treasure diving activity has produced no responses. Apparently all crews are hitting the mother lodes and the word is out to zip the lips. 8)

OP
OP
captbonnie

captbonnie

Jan 22, 2007
Vero Beach FL
Detector(s) used
AQ1B
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
We're not ignoring you Cappy - just waiting for weather

A few of the boats have some days in but haven't heard any treasure news.

We have been out a few days on the "Hawg" but nothing but modern trash to report. Wish every hole was full of gold but then I guess if all you had to do was go out the inlet and scoop it up would be so crowded out there you couldn't GET out the inlet.

Can't tell you when, or where the big find this year will be or what boat will make it. Can tell you there are some very serious divers watching the weather and keeping their boats at the ready here on the Treasure Coast --

My top choice? ANY of the 1715 Fleet Shipwreck Sites -- no doubt that the treasure is out there. Stay tuned Cappy.........

Capt. Bonnie - Gold Hawg

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Capt Bonnie.

From what I've heard no boat has "worked" on recovery for more than a few days.

Any of the sites have potential but they have to be worked for recovery.

When I say that I mean in contrast to worked for survey.

Particularly in the 1715 Fleet it is a numbers game. The treasure is there you just have to uncover (excavate) the spots. The more ocean bottom one uncovers the more treasure one will find- that is if you are working areas where the debris scatter is. Now I know that sounds “funny” at first read but to clarify you can’t just jump out anywhere and blow holes and find treasure. Well then again very generally speaking you can, lol

Nobody knows where treasure is or isn’t it’s just that some places in some peoples opinions have a better chance of holding treasure than others.

Then there are the villainous 3 M’s of treasure hunting, Mother Nature, Mechanicals and Money. Right now the entire “salvage fleet” is suffering from Mother Nature, which for the most part nothing can be done about.

Recently in conversation this has come up a bunch for me. Often it is said about the 1715 fleet being “done” it’s been worked for 50+ years. But if we consider the fact that a 90-day season is a banner year because Mother Nature cooperated we then have to look at how distorted that statement is.

If the salvage season ranges from 30 days to 90 days and we use the extreme figure of 90 days per season for the last 50 years we get 4500 days of salvaging or 12 ¼ years of “work”, if it was 365 days a year every year for the last 50 years. If we use the average of 60 days it cuts it down to 8 1/6 years.

I won’t sugar coat it for anyone. My wife and I were talking about this yesterday. There are more days of beer cans than days of treasure. But besides from the thrill of the hunt and being wet, those days like the Goldhound’s cannon and coins, GoldHawg’s gold bird, and even those days with a piece of pottery those are what keep us out there or wanting to be out there!

C

Cappy Z.

Captain Hawk and AuDreamer. Thank you for responding. Little did I know that the diving season was so limited. I'd bet most folks also did not know this. It simply begs for more questions. Is visibility the issue? Sharks? I suspect given the limited actual diving time...that a predetermined number of geographical spots are lined up given good weather. It almost sounds like a a gamble. A big gamble. And that is not necessarily a bad thing. I'm just saying the odds favor the hidden treasures. I have never dived. However from what I've heard it is very time consuming. Subsequently finding actual treasures might be be a long shot. But, I do know that many many people would love to read about and see photos of the daily diving activities during the diving season. I read with much excitement the Jupiter Beach thread here at TN. I got a huge thrill from the boat photos and the water etc. Regardless, I again thank you both for responding, and wish you all great success this treasure hunting season.
Cap Z.

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it can be so frustrating depending on Mother Nature to cooperate. Some days that start perfect end by noon with a nasty thunderstorm so you don’t always get in an 8 hour day. I’d say it’s more like 4-6 hours a day.

Visibility is an issue and also is sea conditions. You can have good vis like right now but there’s just too much wave action. If you consider boat blowers pitching in those swells…not a good day for blowing holes, which again is the primary aspect of treasure recovery, more holes more treasure.

Sharks? What sharks, lol… Insert some lame joke about Capt Hawk and she’s safe because sharks are man-eaters! I’ve only encountered nurse sharks out there on the Fleet but have heard some shark stories. But once your detector goes off you forget all about them!

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Again I don’t and won’t sugar coat it. I never did when I sold franchises of my business. The only thing I would ever promise a prospective franchisee is that they would work their tail off. The same with prospective investors in my potential operation. I can only guarantee that I will use the funds the way they are designated to be used and the operation will work effectively every day possible allowed by the 3 villainous M’s.

It is a gamble but you can gamble by throwing darts at a racing paper or you can take an educated gamble after doing your research. How did a great treasure hunter put it…

"You want luck to be the least common denominator. You want to rely on methodology, technology and perseverance, and that will usually equal success."- John Brandon :wink:

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Cappy Z,
The Polly L stock you saw for sale is still for sale at 1/2 price, $3 per share. I have 21,667 shares available. 20,000 shares are "voting" stock. The reason I still have it is the "Board of Directors" have to approve the sale. Every time someone is interested in my stock and contacts Doug, I never hear from them again. I have been told by an attorney I could fight it but just have let sleeping dogs "lie".

Diverlynn

jeff k

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2006
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lynn... Put them on eBay with a starting price of $60,000. ;D Any idea how many shares are issued?

C

Cappy Z.

Without stirring up and making the waters cloudy...When ones owns a voting block of shares with any treasure diving outfit...what does that benefit the owner? And actually..owning one share...what does that benefit the owner. In the event these shares are 'freed' I wonder how one could market them piece-meal because just like owning one share of the Minnesota Vikings football team...hanging that share on a wall..a lot of arm chair treasure hunters would easily hand over 10-20 dollars for a framed connection.
Just a few thoughts.

Cap Z.

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Cappy Z, The only use I have found is that it gives the owner to come out and visit the boat to vacation, sun bathe, fish etc. This means you are part owner of the boat. As far as splitting any "treasure", you have to find it first and a % of 0=0

When I returned from Peru with all my medical bills in tow, I tried to sell some of the stock and was told if anyone had any questions to have them call Doug, later when no one called back I found out that Doug was selling a "limited" amount company stock @ $3 per share also so there was no need for these people to buy mine when they could buy them directly from Amelia. I sent my potential buyers directly to the source.

Jeff K, I ask about putting it on Ebay but it all comes down to the bid winner being "excepted" by the Board of Directors, it would never happen in my case, too much bad blood from the past. No buyers I find will ever be allowed to buy my stock, I am sure of it.

Tom, call me when you get a chance, we can catch up.

BUT...if anyone is interested, contact me right away! :-\

DL

C

Cappy Z.

Sometimes the light of day can motivate people. I suggest contacting some investigative reporter or TV journalist and have a one hour investigatory show on the 'backside' of treasure hunting...this might loosen the bolts...and it might not be so bad to interview the 'backside' dealing of our corrupt elected officials as well...I personally like it when names are attached to events... 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread