Treasure?? Maybe. Maybe not. Anyone want to do a survey and find out??

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The deepest i have dove with a set of triple us divers tanks was 200 feet in hawaii.I will never forget that dive.I flooded a nikonos 2 and saw a 20 foot tiger shark.Then i did a 1200 foot dive in the university of hawaii's two-man submarine, Star II working with maui divers harvesting black coral.The sub was kept at the makai range pier at makapu.Heres a pic of the pier.The big building structure housed a secret sub that the U of H built.It traveled to LA and back using no engines or power.It only used air as ballast and was a glider type of sub,they would blow the ballast and glide 100 miles down deep then fill the ballast and glide another 100 miles to the surface an back down again.A friend of mine was the live on caretaker there at the range.He told me about the secret sub and showed it to me as you could get to it by getting in the water and coming up inside the building.

Attachments

• makairange.jpg
    makairange.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 356

Whittman

Oct 4, 2005
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers
Now the current.... that's a whole different issue. Does it ever go slack, or is it constant? Really strong currents would make it a no go for diving... especially at that depth.

barney

Oct 5, 2006
FLORIDA
FISHEYE said:
Theres also a 4-8 knot current in that area all the time.

The most current you will get is perhaps a smidge over 4, but typically 2-3 knots. Current is not a problem, you just have to work with it instead of against it.
Diving this site would not be a problem.

inletsurf

Oct 1, 2006
Sebastian Inlet, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Barney is the man, I've played deckhand for him and his crew when diving the Fuggetaboutit, Cities Service Empire, always in a current above 2.5 knots. He and his team are like a machine, I've never seen a smoother operation. Let me tell you all something, too, following divers on rebreathers is impossible since there are hardly any bubbles. Proper planning with the boat operator and dive crew is how you make it work. It's always a pleasure watching these guys do their thing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread