Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jul 2005
    2 times

Discovery Channel and Odessey

The Discovery Channel will air a show this Sunday at 10 PM (March 4th, 2012) titled "Stolen Gold" with some footage of the planes taking off to deliver the coins to Spain.

The Tampa Tribune stated that "the Discovery Channel may get the LAST WORD".

us
    Jul 2006
    Shelbyville, Tn.
    47 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Discovery Channel and Odessey

would love to see it but they wont get the treasure back. Spain already pawned it to pay for more politicians to get fat
    Garrett "Except For Ending Slavery, Fascism, Nazism and Communism, WAR has Never Solved Anything."

us
    Mar 2006
    Florida
    2 times

Discovery 'The Battle for Spanish Gold' previews for March 4...

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/sm...ws-for-March-4

us
    Feb 2010
    Formerly NH now East Tennessee
    Garrett GtaX1250
    1705 times

Damn damn damn.. I missed it.. Hopefully it will be on again ?
    Live Free or Die

us
    May 2008
    Wisconsin
    GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
    579 times

Quote Originally Posted by bluehunter1973
    would love to see it but they wont get the treasure back. Spain already pawned it to pay for more politicians to get fat
    They have quite a history of that, don't they? I mean, they squandered centuries of looting and what do they have to show for it?

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." Friedrich Nietzsche

"You ask where I live. I cannot tell you. I am a Voyageur, a Chicot, sir. I live everywhere. My grandfather was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. My father was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. I will also die while en route, and another Chicot will take my place. Such is our course of life."

Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5956 times

Saw the show

wasn't Bad

But was a bit sad.
    Made me wish I was in Control of the 6th.
    Fleet when Spain started the Blockade, and
    insisted on Boarding the Ship

Can you say International Incident

Spain would now have to hire other countries
    to do their Fishing for them too.

Feb 2007
    U.S.
    Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
    71 times

Truly, the Discovery channel did get the last word. They pointed out that the U.S. court claimed no jurisdiction, and in the same breath, ordered Odyssey to return the booty to Spain. Supreme court would not hear the case (why not?). Then the Merryday Law stands. Therefore, there is no point in bringing an Admiralty Claim to court. There is no law for Americans in this venue. The State Department is holding all the cards.

Odyssey would be well advised, as would we all here on American soil, to take our business offshore to more benign environments. Imagine that!

I don't recollect the Odyssey vessels being flagged as American registry, but, that would not make any difference under the circumstances. Here we are, being bled dry to support a vast navy and army, while the appointees of our 'elected' government globalize our court system. We would have been better served if the Federal Government would have seized the loot and used it to pay for the protection of the Straits of Hormuz. At least even Spain might have benefited indirectly were that the case.

pt
    Oct 2009
    Lisbon
    6 times

Quote Originally Posted by signumops
    We would have been better served if the Federal Government would have seized the loot and used it to pay for the protection of the Straits of Hormuz. At least even Spain might have benefited indirectly were that the case.
    Why dont you sell your Bill of Rights or the Liberty Bell for that kind of funding? I believe it would fetch a nice price in an auction of Americana Memorabilia...

Charter Member
    us
    Underwater Heritage Rescue Diver

Jul 2006
    Tampa, FL
    AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
    217 times
    Shipwrecks
    Banner Finds (1)

If we had 500,000 Liberty bells, I'd let you sell 450,000 of them.

Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5956 times

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaFinder
    If we had 500,000 Liberty bells, I'd let you sell 450,000 of them.
    well these days,
    if I found 450,000 of them, I'd put one in my collection,
    & Melt the rest down
    & ask What Liberty Bells ?

I think the proper line goes

"I Don't know Nutton 'bout no Liberty bells"

Charter Member
    us
    Underwater Heritage Rescue Diver

Jul 2006
    Tampa, FL
    AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
    217 times
    Shipwrecks
    Banner Finds (1)

You aint right Jeff. LMAO I can see it now - For Sale - 4 tons of solid Bronze in crude brick form, some cracking may occur at certain frequencies. Or maybe "Miniature Liberty Bell replicas for sale, made with a portion of bronze from actual liberty bells. Somebody shoot me.

Feb 2007
    U.S.
    Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
    71 times

Alexandre:
    go fish

us
    Mar 2006
    Florida
    2 times

Truly, the Discovery channel did get the last word. They pointed out that the U.S. court claimed no jurisdiction, and in the same breath, ordered Odyssey to return the booty to Spain. Supreme court would not hear the case (why not?). Then the Merryday Law stands. Therefore, there is no point in bringing an Admiralty Claim to court. There is no law for Americans in this venue. The State Department is holding all the cards.
    The Supreme Court only refused a "stay" on the transfer of the coins. They haven't ruled yet on whether or not they'll hear the case.

au
    made in Madrid

Jul 2008
    BRISBANE
    10 times

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff K
    The Supreme Court only refused a "stay" on the transfer of the coins. They haven't ruled yet on whether or not they'll hear the case.
    Jeff it's all over, the coins are gone
    What do you think the supreme court has the power to bring them back As Jeff of pa said you may need to bring the 6th fleet
    Hollywood on the discovery channel
    Ossy
    Son of Wolf

us
    Mar 2006
    Florida
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by MORE AND BEYOND OSSY
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff K
    Jeff it's all over, the coins are gone
    What do you think the supreme court has the power to bring them back As Jeff of pa said you may need to bring the 6th fleet
    Hollywood on the discovery channel
    Ossy
    So you admit the Spanish would not return the coins if the U.S. courts finally ruled in Odyssey's favor. I'm not surprised.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors