Jupiter Meet with SeaHunter this Weekend!

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I talked with Joseph (Rio Bravo) this morning, he and his ship will definitely be at Jupiter this weekend with Scott and the SeaHunter. I'll be staying on the Bravo, but I want to make sure I get to meet and hang with everyone else too. We were discussing how many people were going to be there, who was staying where, meeting points and launch times, who plans to be on what vessel, is Tom bringing his boat, where is the nearest bar of ill repute, and important things like that.

Not to be a planner, but it's probably time to have a show of hands, who all is definitely coming, what are you bringing with you, and which vessel do you want to dive from?

Jason

Dinkydick

Oct 2, 2004
I will be driving down from Jacksonville, Fl on Thursday.

I am planning on looking around Fort Pierce and the Treasure Coast.

I have talked with Scott on the Sea Hunter and would like to dive off
his boat.

I also have talked to Robert Gecy but I am having trouble contacting
him regarding where he is going to stay in Fort Pierce. I will try again
today (Tuesday).

How does the weather look?

Dinkydick

See you all there

OP
OP
ScubaFinder

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Dinky, Last I heard Robert, Darren, Salvor, and Chagy were staying at http://www.jupiterwaterfrontinn.com/

Marine Forecast for Jupiter area:
SATURDAY
WEST WINDS AROUND 5 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET.
INTRACOASTAL WATERS SMOOTH. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS.

Jason

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Dick,

I will call you today. Sorry, I haven't called you back. I will be arriving on Friday but could be there Thursday night if anyone is planning on doing some dives Friday.

Tom, if you are bringing your boat maybe we could check out some of the spots just off shore on Friday. Maybe even pull that AX2000 mag you got. I want to check it out, thinking of buying an AX2000 Professional Model. I am up for anything.

Robert

riobravo

Apr 2, 2006
south texas to the east coast
hi all,
unless conditions change drastically, i will be mobeing the "Rio Bravo" to the Jupiter site Thursday afternoon, i am coordinating with Seahunter, and plan to alternate 2teams of 2 divers thoughout Fri, Sat, and Sunday.
i will have up to two bunks available Thur, Fri, Sat, and Sun nights and plan too alternate participants if things go smooth.
those wanting on the list please email me at [email protected] for details.

Dinkydick

Oct 2, 2004
Went shopping for a pair of Speedo's (didn't want to be left out of the
group). Saleman said he never heard of Speedo's being made in extra
large sizes, HUH?

Looked around a little more and found a pair of Hot Pink Spandex shorts,
and they were on sale.

Can't wait to wear 'em.

Dinkydick

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Dick,

There is no way in Hell you are rooming with me if you bring those!

Robert in SC

riobravo

Apr 2, 2006
Dinkydick said:
Went shopping for a pair of Speedo's (didn't want to be left out of the
group). Saleman said he never heard of Speedo's being made in extra
large sizes, HUH?

Looked around a little more and found a pair of Hot Pink Spandex shorts,
and they were on sale.

Can't wait to wear 'em.

Dinkydick

i guess as long as there not see through, otherwise we will invoke the "anyone in pink spandex is keel hauled with blowers on" rule ;D ;D

lookin forward to meeting you dd

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Crapola...I wish I had gotten involved on this forum sooner 'cause I'd love to join you guys sometime. I'm in Pensacola, FL which is actually about an 8-9 hour drive down there but would certainly be worth it to me. You guys be safe and bring in the loot!

Pcolaboy

riobravo

Apr 2, 2006
hi pcolaboy,
is the drive the only obstacle you have cause theres gonna be a lot of diving and ground to cover and detect, and there may not be such a chance as this.
everybody can thank seahunter for kickin it up a notch for gettin the bravo and i will insure that this is the fullest expedition within the time allotted.
giving forgiveness to Mr Ruth's comments this site is far from cleaned up and only time will tell.
i antisipate a full regiment of all aspects of treasure diving, only leaving the most commen aspect of every projects logged recordings in the dust..............................nothing today ;D

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Hey RioBravo,

Beyond lobbying for spousal approval on short notice the drive is the least of my worries. :P I'm a pharmaceutical rep and travel all the time.

I have some quick questions:

Cost?
Depth of wreck(s)?
Gear needed besides basic scuba?

Thanks,

Pcolaboy

riobravo

Apr 2, 2006
hi pcolaboy,
good first anchor, boy will you be losing brownie points, but to answer your questions,
dependind on the people already on the list and factoring in a few more beside yourself, you could make 2-4 rotations on the bravo. thats diving alone if busy we still have light room for observers.
if scheduled soon and your trip is overnight ill put you up on the bravo one night.
cost = $ 0 + your travel
depth = shallow, site positioning of teams will be directly related to experiance and certification( note to all, must be certified divers with c card to partisipate in diving activities)
just basic gear( always bring extra mask, fin straps, swim ear, ect.)
anyone with all new gear will need to do a skill test ;D ;D

OP
OP
ScubaFinder

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
WooHooooo! I have more C-cards than my wallet will hold, my gear is very used (but well maintained), and I have a speedo....get in line punks! :P

I'm sure there'll be plenty to do on the boat too, tank fills, tieing Dinky to the keel, throwing fake treasure overboard to screw with the newbies, etc. Hey wait, I'm a newbie...DANG!

Jason

riobravo

Apr 2, 2006
scubaseeker,
thanks for starting this thread as it is still busy for some of us as we close to this gathering.
you know you are expected to find more coins than everyone Else with the five star bunk ;).
on another note this weekend is task loading and i would like to hear from some of you , i expect to be with seahunter tomorrow and was expecting to have solidified more structure by now.
FYI we expect to do a prospective dig on a permitted site with fair to great results, without change in gov policies this could be one of the last chances for many, if you are planning to participate dont do it last minute as we are already busy here.
thanks,
JAS

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'm in. I'll see you all out there Saturday morning, bright and early, even if I have to swim out from the beach.
I may bring my boat but it needs few (minor) things done first and I am working 12 hour shifts until Friday.
Tom

riobravo

Apr 2, 2006
hi g,
we have a tender for the bravo, and will be glad to pick you up, sorry i forgot your name in the line up, not to mention fisheye, bill in Stuart..... all the rest........... a literal meeting of the minds, Scott is pretty current on records and history but all info brought with would be appreciated as this wreck is far from cleanedout

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey Rio, Lauren is not comming.

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I will be there on Friday with Darren....We are still waiting for Rob to get in touch....

All the best ,

Chagy.........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread