Advice on Pulse 8x coils

hobbit

Oct 1, 2010
I am going to buy one of the larger Pulse 8x coils. I want it to give the greatest possible depth on a large non-ferrous object AND ingnore as much surface trash as possible. It doesn't really matter if it is the handheld 16" or the boat deployed 18" or 8" x 48". I could use either. At first blush, it would seem like the 8"x48" would give the greatest depth, but I am wondering if it might also pick-up lots of small targets. It looks like from the specs that the boat deployed 18 would be the way to go. It looks like it gives very similar performance to the Pulse 10, but without the towfish. That is OK, though, because I am working a small area. Any advice and experiences would be appreciated.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine has the 18" or 8" x 48" coil with no electronic box.I have the pulse 10 fish with the 18 inch coil but have no electronic box for it,fisher wants the price of the box which is equal to the price of a new fish and the box.

OP
OP
H

hobbit

Oct 1, 2010
A friend of mine has the 18" or 8" x 48" coil with no electronic box.I have the pulse 10 fish with the 18 inch coil but have no electronic box for it,fisher wants the price of the box which is equal to the price of a new fish and the box.

If you or your friend are thinking of getting rid of any of the coils, drop me a PM. I tried to send you one, but your box is full. Anyway, can you give me your experiences on how they perform? Will the pulse 10 coil work on the 8x?

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
resend the mail,i deleted some msgs

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions