here we go again, ft lauderdale metal detecting ban.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ou8acracker2

Apr 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"We need a policy, a plan, and probably to come up with an ordinance to address looting or pillaging," Mayor Jack Seiler said. "Who knows what's going to get uncovered next?"

Ya, the reason you are digging in your "find" is because some comber/MDer decided to look there and find it. You wouldnt have your job right now if it werent for the folks you are trying to ban.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Meanwhile (on any given weekend) at the parking area for this particular area at the south end of Ft. Laud. beach, the average John Q. citizen and his family returning from the beach has to wade through multiple young punks hanging out in the lot smoking dope and drinking in public, f-u this and f-u that, yo my ni--er this and yo my ni--er that, not to mention the car break-ins that occur there on a regular basis. That's all fine, just don't try to dig up a musket ball. Welcome to Florida!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Voiced my opinion..........:icon_thumleft:

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
The earth is over four and one half billion years old....
anywhere one digs a hole there is a strong likelihood that one may find something old!

Our public officials have way too much time on their hands, access to our pockets and pocket books
and the faulty miss-conception history needs their protection!

The rats are guarding the cheese....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone should go to the newspaper site, register and then give your opinions, several hundred replies would get their attention. I registeted and gave mine..

Jon Phillips

Mar 10, 2009
Riverview Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F-75, MXT, 6000di sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just put my opinion on there...for what it's worth....

It's just another scam by the government archaeologists, in conjunction with some local "Private Archaeological and Historical Conservancy Inc." to squeeze money to study the edges of a fort site that nothing needs to be learned about. They even say the site is under the parking lot!!!

Sounds like they need to ban parking lots instead of metal detectors!

The county up at St Marks in the panhandle can dig up and haul off a portion of the forts graveyard to put in a bigger boat ramp, and the state can have drawers and drawers full of relics rotting away (and being tossed in the trash in some cases), but they don't want someone metal detecting on the beach because they "might" find a musketball?

Sounds fishy......

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bumping this up!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions