finds conservation.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i found what i think is a shell/sand encrusted iron spike, a small piece of silver coin or cup, and a pendent(rock or shell)worn by an indian. all these have been soaking in my toiletbowl tank resivoir since i got home from the treasure hunters cookout.

they are done with there bath and i was wondering what my next step should be to preserve each item, should i find anything to be valuable i dont want to mess them up.

chuck.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi chuck.. could you provide a picture of the pendant. as stone will require very little if any stablization whereas shell depending on its density and amount of weathering may require a little work. I'm commenting only on the pendant because that is where my expertise lies. I'm sure the other artifacts will do better with the help of the treasure hunters in this forum. I do know that soaking with fresh water that is regularly changed is the first step. toilet tank is perfect.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread