tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
been seeing lots of salvage boats off the treasure coast backed up right in the surf before and after debbie all the way from the cabin to the corrigans. not a one has posted any finds in awhile. last year was the same. is it because of the new lease holders, or is nobody finding anything?

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Booty Salvage hit a lick already.

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
Are they working close to the beach? If so, I'd like to go take some photos.

OP
OP
tarpon192

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are they working close to the beach? If so, I'd like to go take some photos.
Yes they are working right on the beach from the cabin wreck down to the corrigans) sea grape/turtle trail. The salvors south of disney (2 boats) have been their for several days close to the surf. They are not blowing holes right in first trough, but are fairly close to the beach where the brass swivel or deck gun was found with several escoudos and cobs 2 years or so back in front of the last condo in the set. They are close enough to take pictures, and even talk (yell) to if your on the beach. Their must be lots of goodies there, because the same 2 boats have been working that area for the last few years. Those guys mag the area in a west wind in or close to the first trough, and check out the hits. The good stuff is in the first trough or on dry land 10 plus feet under sand, in the dune wall, and under the condo's.
PAY ATTENTION TO THE BOATS WHEN YOU WALK OVER THE DUNE BECAUSE THEY WILL BE LOOKING AT YOU WITH BINOCULARS, AND WILL MOST LIKELY TAKE YOUR PICTURE IF YOU WALK DOWN TO THE BEACH WITH A METAL DETECTOR. -----------HECK MAN WHAT DO YOU EXPECT????????????? IT'S TREASURE.

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mother Nature has been playing not so nice with us again this year!!

We need a really good July and August to make up for the poor June...

Few boats are over 10 work days this season :sad10:

From what I know of there have been a bunch of EO's (encrusted objects) and some silver coins ?about 10? , collectively from the different boats.

We picked up 2-8 reales July 3rd on the Cabin Wreck.

Just got back from some Braille diving :sad1:

There's tons more out there, it's just a big big ocean and Mother Nature doesn't make it any easier...

OP
OP
tarpon192

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mother Nature has been playing not so nice with us again this year!!

We need a really good July and August to make up for the poor June...

Few boats are over 10 work days this season :sad10:

From what I know of there have been a bunch of EO's (encrusted objects) and some silver coins ?about 10? , collectively from the different boats.

We picked up 2-8 reales July 3rd on the Cabin Wreck.

Just got back from some Braille diving :sad1:

There's tons more out there, it's just a big big ocean and Mother Nature doesn't make it any easier...
It is dirty that close to the inlet right know. Water is green. The water is also green south of disney, but clear on the first 2 reefs. The outer reef at 20 -30 ft is covered in whale snot, or what ever the hell you call. It also extends out east to 50 - 60 ft depth all the way to the bottom.
Did you guys (and girls?) work hard to get those 2 eight's?

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAHA, I think everyone I know also calls it whale snot or some sort of Whale "fluid"!!

We sat on the boat watching a line of it approach us and trust me I wasn't going diving through it!!

Of course we worked hard :tongue3: it's hard work out there!! As the saying goes, if it was easy,everyone would do it!
***insert sarcasm clause because of the internet***

Also heard a 2 escudo was found!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread