Shipwreck library giveaway

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
very true frank - I went to visit friends who are building a house close to / overlooking the Smokey Mountains (just of the 240) - truly beautiful!:thumbsup:

bit of a long haul for me to get back anytime soon!

Did you get out to any streams or rivers? Hell with your luck, you probably fell in and found the largest blue Sapphire on record or one hell of a Gold nugget! The French Broad River which flows right through the Asheville area, has both Gems and Gold in it and who knows what else.

Frank

Last edited:

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The French Broad River which flows right through the Asheville area, has both Gems and Gold in it and who knows what else.

Frank

But no Tuna or Mahi Mahi I noticed...!
Glad to be home :laughing7:

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BVI... That is a nice home with really nice views of the mountains and surrounding areas. However, I don't understand why they don't list the acreage on the Ad! I would definitely want to kinow the acreage and access before even considering it, that is, if I had the money which I don't. With such a nice home, you would think that they would include more information!

So what, are you going to trade in the Super Yacht or just park your' butt in GA for part of the year when you are not looking for treasure?

Frank

Super yacht on a trailer in the yard...:laughing7:

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey guys and gals. I have an entire bookshelf of shipwreck research books, papers, etc that I will give away to anyone near Raleigh, NC who is willing to pick it up. The guy that wanted the Jack Haskins research never came through, so I will include it in this. This includes all my Florida books, general shipwreck books, and papers relating to shipwrecks. I am leaving the country, and can't bring all this with me. I can't bear to drop it off at the thrift store. I would rather it go to someone serious about shipwrecks. I will also throw in all my other treasure hunting related material on NC, cache hunting, prospecting as well. Many of these books are worth quite a sum by themselves. I will not ship it. It's just too much material. First come, first serve.

Just a few lines to thank Darren for making this library available. I have had it picked up and hope to get it delivered to me here in the Bahamas in the fall ( 3 huge boxes) I will then go thru it and post the sort of information it contains ie

Florida..... The sorts of info listed for there
BVI .......etc
North Carolina...........same, same.

And any other locations......Jack Haskins as an example...

Once I get it searched thru I am very happy to make the info available to members of this site.

Darren sharing this with us all is a great credit to him and while it is on loan to me I will try to do him proud.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Darren did you send the books I requested?

OP
OP
Darren in NC

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yes, Pete. You should have it on Monday.

SADS, you have a book in there on the Bahamas as well - with hang points. I think you'll like it.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Darren did you send the books I requested?

you really must have some pull with Darren, I tried to get him to send you some phone books but he refused point blank. Man I would have loved to have seen your face when Westrick's book turned out to be The " white pages" from Raleigh.......

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Shipwreck and treasure books in situ on the custom built ( by my wife ha ha) bookshelf with the bookends she bought me as a Christmas gift.......

Thanks again Darren
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1419683284.092681.jpg

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Love the book ends!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Darren in NC

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sorry, Herbo. The research collection is now in the Bahamas. All the best to you in your ventures.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions