Virgilona Salvage Vessel Pictures

PyrateJim

Nov 28, 2004
Sterling Hts., MI.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Sea Hunter mark II
Alrighty,

I just had a great conversation with Blue Water Adventures. Everything is fine and we had a very relaxed and open, 30 min. conversation. This whole thing started when an unknown man showed up at the marina where the Virg is being worked on and false claim that HRD was advertising on its site, to raise money, that they would be operating the Virgalona for the 2007 season. Before this bogus claim was investigated, the call was made to try an dnip it in the butt. After the call, the site was checked out and it was found that the allocation was false. Excatly what was orginally said, and how many times it "tweaked" before it got to us, known one will ever know. Bottom line is that no one has done anything wrong, nothing has to be changed and all is good between the two companies. In fact, Rodney, Captain of the new Virgalona, and myself will be meeting after the State meeting friday night for drinks.

Let us put down our swords and unload the cannon, we all have bigger problems than this misunderstanding, as this is no longer a concern.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Some recent pictures of the Virgalona showing the progress made in overhauling her.

Attachments

• new_virg1.jpg
    new_virg1.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 408
  • new_virg2.jpg
    new_virg2.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 359
  • new_virg3.jpg
    new_virg3.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 406
  • new_virg4.jpg
    new_virg4.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 360

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Man, who's that goofy dude looking at the blowers? :D

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont know,that goofy guy is looking into the wrong end of the blower.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I think he is saying "uh oh, Robert is going to need solid aluminum brackets."

;D

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
LOL - Actually, Robert's boat just has too much horsepower! :D I told him he couldn't blow THROUGH the reef, but he just kept advancing the throttle. ;)

We digress....

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
It looks like he licking it or something freaky! I don't think his woman had shown up yet when this picture was taken! :o :o :o

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Jason is just fascinated with anything that blows. :o

Okay, this thread is really digressing. I will edit in the morning.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jason is checking to see if the cage is solid aluminium,those extruded scrap prices are way up now .70 cents a lb.hes trying to figger out to get them off the virge then the dock without anyone seeing him.
i snagged a blower off a boat a year ago,cant scrap it,dam thing is still sitting in my backyard.it belongs to a marooned treasure boat on a island.

Attachments

• DVblower.jpg
    DVblower.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 317

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
FISHEYE said:
I snagged a blower off a boat a year ago,cant scrap it,dam thing is still sitting in my backyard.it belongs to a marooned treasure boat on a island.

Rut Ro! ;D ;D ;D

Would that be off the Deep Venture FISHEYE?

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah,sure is.evey now an then when i walk by it,i scrap some more barnacles off it.it needs to have a new bracket welded back on.
ever wonder what happens to old treasure boats when they die?heres some pics of the HRD virgalona II.where it is now buried.RIP

tom do you have any pics of the virge 2 when it was operational?

Attachments

• virge2c.jpg
    virge2c.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 270
  • virge2b.jpg
    virge2b.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 276
  • virge2a.jpg
    virge2a.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 295

PyrateJim

Nov 28, 2004
Sterling Hts., MI.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Sea Hunter mark II
The Virg is up on dry land and getting repainted today. NO MORE BLUE. I dont know what color it will be, but was told that it wont be blue. She has been gutted out and completed rebuilt, refiberglassed and that the only thing original still on her is the hull. So much for the history of her as she had been.

I have some pics of the Virg II operational. Even have one of her nearly being beached/rolled while fully crewed. Going to have to be next week before posting though. Packing tonight and in Vero by 1:30pm friday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions