1715 wrecks

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Welcome to the forum, CoinSniper. The 1715 fleet is largely why the east coast of Florida is called the "treasure coast." They can be salvaged as long as you secure a sublease with the Fishers. Do a search and you will find quite a bit of info on the wrecks :)

Godspeed!
Darren

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
theres no "free of cost" noted 1715 wreck spots that you can dive on legally --you can buy a sublease off the wreck site lease owners to dive the wrecks legally---good luck---Ivan

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
cappy z ---you mean the queens dowery emeralds correct? the queen demanded a HUGE dowery to be turned over before she would "submit" herself to the "flakey" KING PHILLIP the V her husband ---most likey it shipped out on the same 1715 vessel as her crown jewels and other top prizes that treasure hunters seek on the ---_____________--- Pm me for more info---- because that type of information---is quite valuible stuff---it can make a man quite rich by knowing where to look for what he seeks rather than wasting his time, effort and money looking where it isn't at to begin with--- Ivan

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer
this 1715 stuff warms my heart! my mom found the jan 1965 national geographic with i think wellers wonderful finds, and article! i would like to fire a quick ? how many subs are allowed each year. do the subs get a map that shows all the mailbox holes from the start. is there room for one more treasure hunter, maybe two! thanks for taking the time. good finding!

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
theres no "free of cost" noted 1715 wreck spots that you can dive on legally --you can buy a sublease off the wreck site lease owners to dive the wrecks legally---good luck---Ivan

you can dive legally on any 1715 wreck site you want.... any of them.
but to legally salvage from them is when you need to get a lease.
Have fun diving...

Trez

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Cappy Z. said:
Have any emeralds ever been found 'uncut' near the 1715 wreck sites?

Were there emeralds on the ships?

Thanks

CZ
CZ,
The EMERALDS that I am raffling off are from one f these ships. It was recovered from the beach.
It is a Gem Grade stone and weighs .76 carats and is almost FLAWLESS. There is another smaller Emerald that is .49 carats and is also close to being FLAWLESS.
What ship they came from there is no way to tell-at this time anyway.
Thdy will be on display at te EXPO.
Peg Leg

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer
can't wit to see the crew! will be down fri soon as possible! saw a post about a pro camera. i have access to a mini dv pro camera, cannon 1st generation with bells and stuff if needed. i can only bring and give to someone who knows how to use it. what i will be learning!...... i will let someone else film. be there fri and give it to the higher people! you know who you are! no charge!

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Back around Easter a lady brought in an emerald she found on the beach near Disney Vero. They had a picture of it at the McClarty Museum in the recent finds book. It was 60 karats!

So, to the question were there emeralds on the 1715 fleet. Absolutely! They may not have been on the manifest but they are there. Divers have also found them on various wreck sites over the years. It sounds like it would be easier to just get PegLeg to build us an Emerald sifter we could pull behind a 4 wheeler! ;D ;D ;D

They are there!

Good Luck!

Robert

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Robert,
I have often thought about building a EMERALD retriever.
This is why I went to all the research about CLEANING the Beaches.
There ARE EMERALDS to be recovered from Sebastian to Jupiter and even beyond.
Gonna talk with the NASA man to see if NASA has anything that might work that they do not use or want.
You know one of those OLD $12 million REJECTS ::)
Dell told me that it was easier to locate EMERALDS on the Beach than Gold or Silver coins.
As soon as the EXPO is over WE WILL SEE.

I am thinking about keeping the little Emerald and use it for DOWSING for other Emeralds.
Just think a small emerald is worth some SERIOUS money and there has been reported to be TONS of them in the water and on the Beach.
I also suggest that when you go to the Beach and run across what appears to be broken glass. Check it out. cause it may NOT be glass.
Peg Leg

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I thought the emeralds were given to you to be auctioned off or used as door prizes. Possibly I am mistaken.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
oh yes indeed the queen want to GET PAID to sleep with that nut case king phillip the V ---and she demanded a "huge" dowery before doing it---- part of the DOWERY was many chest of emeralds these were in the raw state and lots of folks walking the beach would just see a green "rock" AND WOULD NOT KNOW WHAT THEY WERE---married or not no way was the king getting lucky till she got paid---it was one of the two reasons that made the king order the fleet to come (the other was the country badly needed the cash--it had been 4 years sincte its last money shipment got home)---the king was a well known sex a holic ---and went against all advice from those who knew it was poor timing and order the fleet to sail ---the rest as they say is history---Ivan

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
gdaddyflex said:
I thought the emeralds were given to you to be auctioned off or used as door prizes. Possibly I am mistaken.
gdaddyflex,
You are correct the TWO EMERALDS that were donated by the OLD MAN WILL be RAFFLED with the funds going to the DOWN SYNDROME HOSPITAL (HOPE HAVEN) in Jacksonville.
The two emeralds are not the only ones that I have.
I am planning to use a very very small one as a dowsing tool.
I use a gold pendulum,
A silver pendulum.
And a few other things but I never thought of using an Emerald.
Now I will.
Peg leg

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
you guys would just love my post about the "San Miguel" aka as " Nuestra Senora de la Popa" aka "La Holandesa" aka "Olandesa" under names of the 1715 fleet---Ivan

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Cappy Z. said:
Have any emeralds ever been found 'uncut' near the 1715 wreck sites?

Were there emeralds on the ships?

Thanks

CZ
Cappy,
In answer to your questions YES and YES..

Cappy,
You will NEVER see me dowse for anything.
It would appear that you are a SKEPTIC and that is fine with me.
If you will do a little reseach on past postings most of your questions have beren answered
There have been emeralds recovered from Jupiter Inlet to Sabastian Inlet but all from the sandy beaches.
Peg

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
scottone,

I will still defer the answer to Ivan, but the short answer would be that when they captured or purchased a vessel, they would give it a spanish name. Hence it may be reffered by the original name and the new name.

Many ships would also be reffered to by their nick names or abreviated names in the records. Which of course adds to the confusion.

Good Luck,

Robert

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread