coin_diver

Oct 3, 2003
Syracuse, ny
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, xl500 (27 yrs) XLT (17 yrs)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hello everyone,
Ok, I'd like to offer my experience for a short stint on a project with a reliable team. Experience includes, licensed commercial diver, SAT, welding, ROV's and plenty of deep water, 30yrs exp. Here in the north most at ease with dark water and current. Extremely adept at long b/t, and "lucky" as my friends say at finding the goods. Equipment includes, pulse detectors, hookah, dredge, salvage gear, pumps, everthing.
In return, just a break from business here, new friends and some laughs. How's that for a deal?

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Coin Diver, we may be able to strike up a deal. I have some investigative work that I need done between 170 and 200 feet. We will tow side scan/magnetometer and identify the target areas. Then we will need an investigation dive to determine if the targets are what we believe them to be. If so, we'll raise them using lift bags (these are big heavy targets, so this won't be an easy task) and hoist them onto barges for return to shore. Project is still in planning stages, Gary Gentile will be the other deep diver, so you'll be in good company.

Will PM you with more details, several similar projects should take place sometime this summer.

Jason

southern maine diver

Feb 24, 2007
South Berwick, Maine
Hey Jason,...

Your "project" sounds pretty interesting... I don't do much Deep Diving anymore. I try to keep it at less than 100'. I leave the deep stuff to the "younger" guys now. Between being a police officer for 17 years and commercial diving, I've used up eight of my nine lives... ;)

So, I'm trying to stick around until my kids graduate...

Besides, there is plenty of stuff to find in the shallows. ;D This doesn't disqualify me for diving with Scott (Seahunter) does it? :-[

Wayne

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Nah, 25 feet on a hookah is about as extreme as it gets with Scott's site. Some of the best treasure diving around if you ask me. 10 foot viz on a bad day, rarely enough current to notice, warm water, shallow. It really doesn't get any better.

Jas

OP
OP
coin_diver

coin_diver

Oct 3, 2003
Syracuse, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Agreeing w/ both of you but there's alot of virgin goodies beyond the reach of scuba certs!

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Did you read my first post? I really do need to investigate some things at 170-200 feet...it's very probable that there are several WW-II fighter aircraft down there. They were vacum bagged, crated up, and shipped off...but never made it to the war...I know where they are and have people willing to pay well if I can go get them. Not to mention a History Channel special to go along with it.

Let me know if you're serious.

OP
OP
coin_diver

coin_diver

Oct 3, 2003
Syracuse, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Hey Jas, check your PM.