Shipwrecked armada found on Google earth , what do I do next ?

David Elchlepp

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ScreenHunter_07 Jan. 27 11.13.jpg ScreenHunter_09 Jan. 27 11.38.jpg ScreenHunter_11 Jan. 31 12.02.jpg ScreenHunter_12 Jan. 31 12.02.jpg ScreenHunter_13 Jan. 31 12.03.jpg ScreenHunter_17 Jan. 31 12.04.jpg ScreenHunter_18 Jan. 31 12.05.jpg ScreenHunter_20 Jan. 31 12.06.jpg ScreenHunter_21 Jan. 31 12.06.jpg

OP
OP
D

David Elchlepp

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello ,
This last Friday I discovered these images on Google earth . I contacted one big time treasure collector who hasn't got back to me , I'm guessing he's trying to find it himself , pirates ! And a maritime attorney who eagerly sent me a fee agreement that was ridiculous (50% of the whole take with no mention of my%) , sharks.
I'm tempted to contact the discovery channel but I can only imagine how 'good' their lawyers are.
I'm pretty sure no one will find this site quickly enough to go pillage it , besides I've done about all necessary to have laid a claim by notification (may this post serve as one as well) If anyone has any constructive guidance or solid knowledge & connections , I'd love to hear back. The right person may even get a cut , Mel Fisher got 400,000,000 off one galleon.
Thanks

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very interesting. You really should contact someone and make claim to this some how. Good luck to you!! Great find.

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find someone you TRUST. Say nothing to no one until you find that person.

OP
OP
D

David Elchlepp

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only information I could find , on how to make a claim , said to make sure there has been plenty of notification which is what I'm trying to do. If you or any others have a suggestion , as to go about that , please let me know.
I really am hoping to find someone to help me navigate these waters (pun intended) as they seem to be filled with nothing but shark lawyers and pirates . If the right person comes along , I would be happy to negotiate an ample reward.
Arrrgghhh

OP
OP
D

David Elchlepp

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There aren't too many Elchlepps so yes , we're related but I don't know him.
holy cow I have a relative who's and underwater treasure hunter , thanks Mackaydon , you just earned a special gift , redeemable when I find the loot.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:dontknow: I'm not seeing it? Looks like channels in coral or sand.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finky shaped anything. Looks like a bunny.

If it's Google Earth we're looking at something 1,000 feet long or larger.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
There are many elements to a successful treasure deal; one of the most important is to have a well qualified lawyer on your team to navigate you through the entire process. Also, because of your name, you will also be grilled about your relationship with Steve and the legal outcome of Steve's relation with Miscovich, now deceased.
Don.......

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it's not in the US make sure it's a qualified international/maritime law firm as well.

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hopefully this isn't in the State of Florida. If it is, I predict something like this:

1. You try to make claim
2. Claim is denied
3. Site is declared historical antiquity that must be preserved
4. State Archies raid the site
5. No one in Florida sees any of it, save maybe a few coins and items on display in a museum

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
There are many elements to a successful treasure deal; one of the most important is to have a well qualified lawyer on your team to navigate you through the entire process. Also, because of your name, you will also be grilled about your relationship with Steve and the legal outcome of Steve's relation with Miscovich, now deceased.
Don.......
Don, last I heard, Steve Elchlepp of the Key West Emerald shipwreck Scam, is living around Beaufort, S.C.
I believe STEVE, had a brother named David.
Maybe this David should look up Steve ? I wish someone would show me how they interpret an Armada of shipwrecks from those pictures?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see nothing in these pictures that indicates anything other than bottom current draws...
If you are referring to the "lines"...
This is not an indication of "shipwrecked anything" let alone an "armada" of ships.
There is only one way to know if what you are seeing is anything at all...
And that is to dive it.
Furthermore...
Shipwrecks have rarely been found using Google Earth.
Anomalies have.
Beings I have studied Google Earth images since its conception and have found a couple of "shipwreck" sites myself...
I do believe...
Just not in any way in these screen shots...
Sorry no offense.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
old man,
I agree. I've never seen shipwreck trails like that; especially ones that are 'fork-like', up-current trails. How would that occur?
Steve, can you do a run to that site and confirm your belief? I would, before going further. And if you do confirm your belief, again, I'd suggest you get a lawyer before doing anything else--except researching your find to determine what you have discovered.
Don.......

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
ARRC, I concur. It can not be a shipwreck Armada. One also only has to apply a little common sense and look back on the 1605, 1622 and 1715 Spanish Treasure fleets that were lost in Hurricanes. All of those shipwrecks were spead out over a large area when lost. They were lost over many miles, not many acres.

Also it is a good idea not to say you bought a shipwreck treasure map in a bar and expect perople to believe it or believe you could buy a real treasure map in a bar.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The French armada of 1678 is an example of multiple ships being destroyed by the elements in the same area. The story is fascinating: The lead ship fired its cannon, the trailing fleet thought that shot signaled the lead vessel had spotted the enemy fleet--so they formed a line, broadside, and rushed ahead. Unfortunately, the signal meant 'Caution, we have discovered a reef'. Sure enough, most of the vessels of the fleet piled up and were destroyed on that reef.
Don...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread