Boat Brings up Ancient Anchor from Shipwreck

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's in my back yard. Like I have been saying b-4. I could use some help up here. Theirs stuff here and now's the time to get started. To bad no one is listening! I was just going to post this. I called the guy up and left a message,[like so many others]. I even heard of a bronze cannon wreck around here. Bet he has a lot of calls on that. Theirs a treasure ship up in that area that hasn't been found. Could be from the blockade days. I wish I could show everyone this shipwreck map. I'll try later on.

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Anchor fit in his truck bed. Ship couldn't have been real big with that small anchor. A lot of smuggler's back at that time here. I think the preservation people have their eye on it. The guy put his tel number up for the news guys. I bet his phone hasn't stopped ringing yet.

joe frog

Jun 16, 2015
tampa florida
Detector(s) used
excalliber minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This shipwreck material is from a real wreck and I also date it around 1600 to 1700 period. Barry Clifford in Mass. could be of great help for you. Don't forget its not yours to sell or profit from your lucky find. Thank UNESCO',

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
The couple are sure optimistic but apparently clueless to Salvage Laws! Although the find is definitely not in Florida waters, don't you still need a Salvage Permit for that area? They could be in for some legal nightmares!

Frank

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
The couple are sure optimistic but apparently clueless to Salvage Laws! Although the find is definitely not in Florida waters, don't you still need a Salvage Permit for that area? They could be in for some legal nightmares!

Frank

The state will probably charge them with a felony and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law. Thereby eliminating future accidental recoveries.

joe frog

Jun 16, 2015
tampa florida
Detector(s) used
excalliber minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aquanut: I love that reality check. Those fisherman will truly learn a big lesson from big brother. I still don't understand why the world Governments have gone to war against all the hard working Salvagers as if we are the enemy. Pete has first hand experiences on this for sure. Hope to see you at the big event on July 28-29 on the east coast.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I know who you are now Frog. You need to post some of your leads here so we can go after it. You're too old to treasure hunt anymore.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast

While I think it's nice that someone found an Anchor and took it home in their pick me up truck.

AM I the only one that isn't jumping up and down and think this is a Treasure Wreck?

I'm just curious. I know that you guys know that even if you find a wreck with cannons on it, it doesn't mean it's a treasure wreck. I wish the finder Luck and I hope he keeps us informed as to how his State handles this find.

Attachments

• cannon.jpg
    cannon.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 196

TreasureCDave

Jun 5, 2015
Florida Treasure Coast
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
There is a 2-day symposium sponsored by the 1715 Fleet Society the Vero Beach Museum of Art on these days. Perhaps? I was wondering who might show to this one.

Last edited:

joe frog

Jun 16, 2015
tampa florida
Detector(s) used
excalliber minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Salvor 6 You are half right as I'll be 75 years old this Sept, but I have to keep the dream alive for you younger guys. I need to post some pictures and sites , but first I need to get more education on doing that. Hope to see you at the 1715 big event on the east coast at the end of the month. Talking about being old did you have a good meeting with Sir Robert Marx at the picnic??? mARX IS 83. We both go back 50 years or so. Marx needs to get on the net and share some of his great treasure tales.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yes I had a good meeting with Bob Marx. Problem is that he forgot everything. I have a buddy that lives in the Bahamas and has a boat. He is the perfect candidate to get that silver bar you left on the reef. You still have the GPS numbers of the bar?

joe frog

Jun 16, 2015
tampa florida
Detector(s) used
excalliber minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Salvor 6: The silver bars were left on the reef as nobody in the Treasure business wanted me to record them and turn them into the Bahama Government as the drug dealers are at War with everyone. Marx has forgotten everything and what a shame as he has given his all in Treasure finding and ended up with nothing. I know that Norman Scott got a silver bar off the same reef as I was diving out there when his diver took it and immediately Scott flew it to Florida. You see Nobody likes or respects the Bahama Government . I was honest with them and turned all the Gold and Silver Treasures , but got cancelled and they keeped everything, and that was since 1984. Richard took me over there a few year back but didnot see any bars. I think someone finally got them. That means only 987 bars are left,plus the Gold and Emeralds that just fine as Unesco will take everything from the Bahama people anyway. All salvage leases have been cancelled since l984 , but more details could come from Capt, John Brandon as he knows the whole story too. Good luck pete.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread