Just known wreck of Cape Cod-TREASURE

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1392-1.jpg You just saw the Wellfleet fisherman's find a 1700's wreck on this site. Well more wrecks are showing up now because were losing our beaches fast. I've been trying to get help down here with no luck. Their loss. These wrecks are b-4 safety regulations came into effect. Just think of the unknown wrecks and prizes. All the dots on right are wrecks. Thousands!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasn't there a number of wrecks uncovered during super-storm Sandy on the NE coast?

OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wreck frames get uncovered each year by storms and PUSHED up on the beach. I go get the wooden pegs out of them if I can. The last couple of years. It seems like a lot more frames are showing up on the beach. Not just one or two but like four a season.You can even see the waves durning storms hitting wrecks off the beach in 10 feet of water. Mostly ribs. I have one wreck that still has it's wooden sides on it. But if we get a storm. It will get broken up more and end up on the beach. We have a lot of sand here in our area. I'm thinking these wooden and even steel wrecks move toward shore across the hard bottom. They can move until they hit sand again or something that can stop them on the bottom. Then when that sand moves. The wrecks move closer and hit sand again. This I believe is happening here in one of our areas. Theirs a blown up tanker that was a navigation hazard. Their was a big chunk of this tanker that's at least 5 miles away from the tanker site that's inshore. I have three wrecks side by side 200 feet offshore to detect yet. One is a 80 ???foot steel fishing boat. Then I have two wooden wrecks. All just in the sand with the hard bottom right behind them. It funny. Were losing so much beach sand. Yet the hard bottom is like 500 feet offshore in this area. Sand is moving out of here. Big things are going to happen here real soon. That skinny part of land on the bottom of the above map will all be gone soon.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if the treasure moves with the sand or does it follow the hard bottom also?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread