Hurricane Irma

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the show Irma beginning to turn, a bit more like the earlier European models showed, especially with the influence from Hurricane Jose. Hopefully, they pull each other over, although Bermuda looks like the resultant.

Not sure if I have ever seen 2 hurricanes come together, or what happens when they do....
175630_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png 144750_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Armageddon....

Looks like the show Irma beginning to turn, a bit more like the earlier European models showed, especially with the influence from Hurricane Jose. Hopefully, they pull each other over, although Bermuda looks like the resultant.

Not sure if I have ever seen 2 hurricanes come together, or what happens when they do....
View attachment 1491372 View attachment 1491373

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flash back to Hurricane Andrew, a Cat 5 that hit south Florida.

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
counter rotating vortex tend couple to each other, but not combine. Same rotation vortex tend to propel one or the other, this is used in the Space program with the 'slingshot' effect.

EDIT: Unfortunately, this concept means that Irma would use Jose to gain strenngth, bounce towards the US mainland, not away from it.
I am just guessing here.

Edit 2: Look at the outlying inflow of the winds. they are both in the same direction, feeding the hurricane. Only when in close does the rotation counter...

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of uncertainty, following the spotty Internet news. I got the local weather channel at noon, they seem to have the target area focused right on Miami, then moving up the east coast into Georgia and the Carolinas. Previously, they had it going west but changed that forecast now.

Looking at satellite, the eye of Irma seems tiny, compared to the rest of swirling weather. A pilot made it to the eye for a closer observation. Nice and partly sunny above, but 185 mph wind tightly hugging the small center.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People are starting to go crazy over this already. How many gallons of water do you need to survive 3 days? I have not had a drink of water since last week! I drink ice tea, lemonade and rum & cokes. :laughing7: I hope the storm will go up the east coast of FL and uncover more shipwreck treasure.

What do you make your ice tea with, rum?:laughing7: I drink a lot of water, don't drink soft drinks. Water was sold out here too. I have two 5 gal water bottles for water cooler so isn't really an issue for me and I have stockpiled food (3-4 months of can food) guns and ammo since 2008. (No comment)

Urban Legend

Jun 24, 2017
Tampa Fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a reason that they used to only name hurricanes after women....
They're unpredictable..... and can take you for everything you own given half the chance..
While a shift eastward in the models provides a bit of relief...
Until it makes a turn to the north....it's still going west..
Making the turn only 50 to 100 miles later would catch a lot of people by surprise..
When Hurricane Charlie came up the west coast...the gulf stream juiced it from a cat 2 to a 4 in only a few hours...and the people that fled Port Charlotte to Orlando... got hit by the storm anyway...
The fat lady aint singing yet...

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I told my daughter to scrub the tub out rinse it good and fill it with water, she may need to drink it if they get stranded for a while.

Looks like the second hurricane may head up here and say "hi", hopefully it will bring a little of the treasure fleet with it, if it does.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. Its the east coast turn now. I am hoping the darn thing goes back out too sea but not looking likely. If it does come up the coast I am sure we will catch a little hell here too. Only thing that bothers me around here is the wind and tree's. You guys take care down there and HH after it passes:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Salvor6

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It's getting crazy here. All the gas stations are out of gas!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to siphon gas from my boat to have enough to get to the only place that had gas(regular only).

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you live in the keys my neighbor is giving away a big stack of 3/4 ply. Bunch of full sheets and even more half sheets. They have to get rid of it or the stacks will blow all over. Good for shutters. I got the one piece I needed.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you live in the keys my neighbor is giving away a big stack of 3/4 ply. Bunch of full sheets and even more half sheets. They have to get rid of it or the stacks will blow all over........

Plywood frisbees at 180 mph. Ouch.

Putting that in a math perspective, that's 2.4 million foot pounds of energy each sheet for you reloaders out there.

Another way to illustrate it is the DDC compaction of a 20 ton weight dropped 80 feet is 3.2 million foot pounds.

Such is the power of f=ma. (a being velocity squared)

Last edited:

Urban Legend

Jun 24, 2017
Tampa Fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's getting crazy here. All the gas stations are out of gas!

I'm glad I filled my truck Tuesday on the way home from work...
Most stations that still had gas ...had cars lined up into the streets..
No water in the stores either....at least I always keep a few weeks of water on hand..
City water makes a poor tasting cup of coffee..

habanerojefe

Greenie
Apr 5, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I'm heading inland of Vero beach early early Saturday morning. I hope to get there 4 or 5 Saturday afternoon. Just in time to hunker down. But I'll be heading east as soon as possible. That's my plan for now. I'm staying flexible until we understand the trajectory on Irma. Who else is headed to treasure coast?

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please stay safe everyone and batten down the hatches. :skullflag:

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I'm heading inland of Vero beach early early Saturday morning. I hope to get there 4 or 5 Saturday afternoon. Just in time to hunker down. But I'll be heading east as soon as possible. That's my plan for now. I'm staying flexible until we understand the trajectory on Irma. Who else is headed to treasure coast?

I think most are actually heading away for now.

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every treasure hunter in the Caribbean will be hitting up the Greater/Lesser Antilles along with the VIs and along the Mona passage up and around Cuba Bahamas, T&C's Florida Georgia and the Carolina's. As gold fever spreads like wildfire, just know the more resources you use, might deplete the resources for survivors and individuals trying to rebuild and refit after this. The Red Cross and FEMA are already maxed, and I know they are alerting and have already sent Air Evac active duty squadrons as well as CE Red Horse groups along with the Nat Guard to start moving critical civilians to higher echelons of care. There will definitely be uncovered shipwrecks, from sloops to galleons, to freighters, and steam ships. Remember (you folks already know) this will be impacting the Bermuda triangle so........yeah definitely some interesting stuff. If you have homes or family there I will be sending my prayers to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread