1st Annual Shipwreck Search, Survey and Salvage Symposium update

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hi folks...I hate to admit this, but I have to move the date of the 1st Annual Shipwreck Salvage Archaeology Symposium back to Spring 2020. My summer season did not go as smoothly as I would have liked and I ran out of time and energy...We have had some great finds, but boat issues sort of wore me out.
So, here's the plan: I would like to shoot for the weekend of March 28th or April 4th in the Melbourne, FL area. If you have a better idea for a date, let me know.
Please feel free to leave any suggestions here in this thread, in a private message, email, etc.
I am still committed to the idea and believe even more strongly that we, as persons and organizations interested in and participating in historic shipwreck salvage archaeology need a venue where we can meet, network, teach, learn and share information and maybe even educate the public while we are at it.
No, it will not be free, nor will it be $1000 a ticket. To do this right will require a good bit of expenditure.
It will be at least 2 full days....maybe 3.
I have received inquiries from all over the world about this and I will do my best to make it a great experience for all.
I have archaeologists from all over the Western Hemisphere who have asked to be able to present.
I have commitments from expert commercial salvors, magnetometer survey operators and may even have a little seminar on the intricacies of detecting an excavation.
I have a couple of manufacturers of electronic sensing equipment who have given me a soft commitment to be there and either display and represent their wares or do a formal presentation.
I have hopes to find someone to either produce or help me produce some best practices salvage archaeology guidelines for those who are dealing with new projects
If you are interested in helping me put this on, let me know.
If you have constructive ideas, let me know.
If you just want to throw rocks as the parade goes by...let someone else know..
Thanks for reading and I look forward to seeing you all next spring in the Melbourne, FL area.

enrada

May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was worried that this would not happen.It will take a number of us to step up to the plate and actually help you with this. In time please put forward an outline of areas that you would like to delegate areas of work. As I said in 1984(july 28 maybe) and 1985 I travelled from Adelaide Australia to the Greater Fort Lauderdale Shipwreck Symposium and have hoped for something similar ever since. I was dealt a very enjoyable reminder at the Treasure Hunter Bar-b-que when I seen a poster for the 84 or 85 Symposium.

enrada

May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sedwick Treasure Auction March 19-21 2020
Not a conflict but people may wish to attend both.

whydahdiver

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have spoken at a number of these and organized a lot of these also, if you need any help let me know. I can do a Whydah talk if you wish and can round up some very cool speakers such as I-52 and Andrea Doria.

WD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread