using a one meter coil on the beach?

P

platypus

im thinking about getting one of these to scan the beaches of texas and florida with. http://www.had.com/pulse.html true, it wont find anything smaller than a coke can, but im hoping that it will hit on some (hopefully) gold and silver bars(that we all know are down there) that regular md's cant reach. i'm tired of piddling around with penny's and bottle caps. i might have to dig some deeep holes but so what, retirement might be at the bottom of that hole!

OP
OP
P

platypus

what are you taking about? there is no such thing as a discriminating PI.

OP
OP
P

platypus

you must be referring to the pulse star. thats the only one that ive ever heard of that can disc. large objects. do you have any experiance with it?

OP
OP
P

platypus

by "window" do you mean a discrim. circuit? dude, if you can make a PI that can discriminate, i want one! ;D

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
platypus,
you may want to consider on buying a back hoe too,since your hits will be over 10 foot down or more,unless you want to spend many moons digging with a shovel,plus you have the tide to deal with so you better bring lots of friends an dig fast,but the more friends you bring the less treasure you get,unless they dig for food or beer.or better yet,find the target with the coil,GPS mark it,wait for high tide come back with a boat with a blower an blow a big hole.in florida you wont be able to do this at high tide on any of the treasure lease sites that anyone owns.might be too much trouble if it turns out to be a beer can or old sand buggy.

goldfinder

Mar 31, 2003
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: PI discrimination
I have done some lab testing and found the PI MD will discriminate between ferrour and non-ferrous using a double D coil arrangement where one coil is pulsed and the second coil is read for the return signal. There appears to be a definite polarization difference between ferrous and non-ferrous (e.g. gold silver) depending on where the metal is wrt the two coils. So taking readings at the three places (i.e. under the xmit coil, under the overlap of coils, and under the receive coil). The return signal from the receive coil goes + or minus depending on where the metal is that is being looked for or tested.

The tricky part is adjusting the overlap amount to get the result. It is just a very narrow area and it takes some twiddling to make it work. I spent 3 months screwing around trying to get the result after accidently hitting is one day and not knowing what I had done. When I finally figured out the effect it is simply a matter is testing and calibrating.

This info I make public domain so anyone can use it - No strings - enjoy!
Goldifinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions