keene mat material
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: keene mat material

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    My other wife ooops........ I mean "Life"

May 2005
    claremont So. call area
    Garretts AT_PRO ,
    5 times

keene mat material

Hi every one been out of the loop again supporting my brother and his gold mine (bench placer 500 feet up on mountainside).

I purchased a sluice and the mat that came with it is not the right one some one told me. I need to find a "Keene Molded Ripple Mat" , I need to find out the part number or a where to purchase it.

My brother is loosing more (I proved it by panning his tailings) gold than he is keeping (pickers and smaller) nice big ones stay put on wrong mat all his finers flip and float off, if he slows it down the mat loads up and looses it also.

any info would be appreciated, I hate to see him working so hard to throw it back onto the ground ( he get about 1 oz a month and a occasional nugget
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gold WT jpg.JPG 
Views:	2549 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	456422  
    Have you had your WHEATIES today

us
    Jun 2009
    304 times

Re: keene mat material

They might be talking about Keene's new miracle matting. The part number is KSCRM in Keenes Catalog, it is sold by the linear inch, at 8$ per 1 linear inch, by 35 inches , I believe. A 35 by 35 inch mat sells for 250 $. It is expensive stuff but it is amazing for gold recovery.

An 8 by 35 inch piece would run 64.00$ I think.
    Canuck likes this.
    Sample till you find the hot spot, then mine it till its gone! Then start over...

us
    Jan 2008
    Villa Rica georgia
    gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
    111 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

isn't he talking about plain old ribbed carpet ? if so you can get it at any prospecting supplier , or even cheaper at home depot ......that is what i use on my dredge ,and have the same on several sluices . works fine and is cheap....... good ole blue !
    no matter where you go,there you are!

us
    Jan 2008
    Villa Rica georgia
    gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
    111 times

and thanks for posting pics of the gold !!!!! very nice stuff ! get some carpet quick ! don't want to lose any more of that !!!!!!!!
    no matter where you go,there you are!

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    6656 times

100% absolute insane bloody ripoff
    Drew_dumas and NeoTokyo like this.

us
    Aug 2010
    Maine USA
    333 times

I agree with Hoser John. Once the manufacturing process is set up, the cost of making this material is about the same as regular grooved "V": rubber mat. $8 per running inch is a scalper's price. I have an Eldorado blue plastic sluice, built from modular molded parts, imported from Sweden, over 3 feet long and 10 inches wide, and the entire unit was about $70. It is one of the best fine and coarse gold sluices made and the entire unit was much less expensive than just the new mat material from Keene.

us
    My other wife ooops........ I mean "Life"

May 2005
    claremont So. call area
    Garretts AT_PRO ,
    5 times

thanks for the input, I did talk to people at keene and yes the material is expensive, but they put a lot of time money and effort into the development of the product until it was satisfactory to the outcome. look at youtube and see how well it works on the alaska fines. this material is a high pressure vulcanized rubber (car tire) not plastic, so the process is time consuming is only the size of the mold 35" x 35" one at a time.

I do agrre it is a little high but I figure at $27.00 for a 11" x 11" x 2 = $54 (10" x 36" sluice) in cost is a lot cheaper than throwing out a few hundred bucks away each week back onto the ground where it came from.

If it catches on and the sales increase, it may not be as costly in the future.

here is this weeks finds. some friends youtubed me and wanted to know the size of the nugget so i put a penny by it, the dime pic and the fines (no flour or small gold , loosing them in tailings) are the other 2 pics.

thanks

Name:	goldnpenny.JPG 
Views:	2451 
Size:	341.6 KB 
ID:	457855   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	STA73804.JPG 
Views:	2339 
Size:	155.3 KB 
ID:	457856   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	STA73803.JPG 
Views:	2327 
Size:	153.5 KB 
ID:	457857  
    Have you had your WHEATIES today

us
    Aug 2010
    Maine USA
    333 times

Getting the fines to drop out of the flow is the most important factor in retaining fines. Use of slick plates to allow fines to settle in the flow, reducing velocity of flow, and elimination of surface tension issues are the most important factors in retaining fine gold in dredging or highbanking. If you can get the fines to drop out, about any mat material works well. Many miners and prospectors find the new type molded plastic sluices (LeTrap, Angus MacKirk, Eldorado, Keene plastic) work great with fines as long as the above factors are considered.

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    6656 times

What a laugh-NOTHING spent in developement just truckers mat--what a hoot--John

us
    Aug 2010
    Maine USA
    333 times

While we're on the subject, has anyone seen or used the so-called "African mat" mentioned on the following URL?

http://elvahost.com/~vcatbe/prospecting/sluicemat.html

Name:	african_mat.jpg 
Views:	3914 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	458347  

Nov 2007
    ,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
    2762 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoser John
    Not really truckers mat John....I agree with you it is high priced...but isnt all of Keenes stuff??YES!!
    I spoke in length with the developer/creator of this mat and it is unlike any matting out there....yes the first round wasnt what they wanted,and the mold cost something like $500,000,the second round and another giving of the "mold",money,they got what they wanted.They never set out to have to charge that much,but now they have an exorbitant cost involved that they can not just,"absorb"!
    M.X.T , Tesoro Tejon

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    6656 times

Well? Post info for inquiring minds as I've definately seen the TWIN configuration a couple a times in the last few years please--thanx-John

nz
    Aug 2010
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, had; Minelab Eureka, Bounty Hunter, Garrett, Fisher and Whites.
    60 times

Your brothers operational gold losses should be fixable, with a little more detail and maybe a couple of photos of his recovery system. I'm sure some of the folk on this site could suggest improvements. Hi tech matting might be a nice addition but getting the basics right will stop most gold loss.
    The basics of good placer recovery are to classify material to separate 1/2 inch and over from finer material. This can be achieved with what I call a grizzly or screen plate of some sort. An example of this is the double sluice box system used in some suction dredges. This stops larger material lodging in riffles and disturbing water flow, preventing gold settling between them.
    Set your riffle boxes with around 12 degrees of fall, with enough water running down to come up to midway between the first and second joint of your index finger on top of the riffles. This is for your fine classified material - any gold over 1/2 inch size wont be hard to catch.
    I personally favor varying the size and spacing of riffles in sections along the length of the box, some plain - some Hungarian type. Gold comes in a variety of shapes - sizes and may not all be stopped as easily by the same type of riffle.
    Keep the material between riffles loose so gold doesn't just skip over the top unable to get down through compacted sand. Slow the water down and rake along the riffles every hour.
    I use nomad type matting, I get it free from retailers who use it in shop doorways, the middle is worn out but the edges are like new. I just ask if I can have it when they are about due for replacement. I also have a piece of rubber mat that came from an old car, it is divided into square cells about half inch size by quarter inch deep. I used it at the top of my streaming down box, for cleaning concentrates, worked real well.
    You don't say if your brother is shoveling material or using machinery but if he is getting an ounce a month I guess he is working by hand. That's hard work and a waste of labour to let any gold get away.
    Well off to work for me as it's warm enough now. Good luck. Nuggy
    Seeking is what precedes finding Nuggy 2012

us
    Medicine/Holy Man

May 2010
    California
    Whites MXT, Whites TDI
    592 times

Quote Originally Posted by kuger
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoser John
    Not really truckers mat John....I agree with you it is high priced...but isnt all of Keenes stuff??YES!!
    I spoke in length with the developer/creator of this mat and it is unlike any matting out there....yes the first round wasnt what they wanted,and the mold cost something like $500,000,the second round and another giving of the "mold",money,they got what they wanted.They never set out to have to charge that much,but now they have an exorbitant cost involved that they can not just,"absorb"!
    Hmmmm, I wonder what they have told customers to justify the two inventions that they
    "borrowed" from me

Eagle

us
    Dec 2010
    1462 times

Hi Eagle
    They dont "Borrow" They take as they did with my fathers Dam Blue Bowl and made 1 small change.

Hefty

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links