Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Coil Swinger

Jan 2011
    El Dorado County
    Minelab
    189 times

Pics of the finer things in life

Took some pictures of what came out of my blue bowl. I had to pan it after the blue bowl to get it this clean. Do you guys have the same experience when you run the D.A.M bowl, thats no matter how high up you run the water some of the heavies wont leave? Hope you like the pics, just look at how big the letters on the dime are compared to the size of the au specks..lol...took way to long to get this small amount, well guess I really cant go out in the woods at night so might as well seperate what I already collected. Gravelwasher
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	close up.JPG 
Views:	747 
Size:	136.1 KB 
ID:	493199   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03392.JPG 
Views:	750 
Size:	131.4 KB 
ID:	493200   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flash close.JPG 
Views:	745 
Size:	200.8 KB 
ID:	493201   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	from blue bowl to pan.JPG 
Size:	141.6 KB 
ID:	493202   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small gold.JPG 
Size:	178.8 KB 
ID:	493203  

Will work for gold dust.

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    1772 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Pics of the finer things in life

Dam Industries bowl has been the absolute best at micro recovery for at least 25 years now and ya gotta just luv'm-John

us
    Coil Swinger

Jan 2011
    El Dorado County
    Minelab
    189 times

Takoda,

I don't know how long it took to collect the materials as it was already panned and then dumped in a bucket to process the fines out like I did last night. Probally took 20 min. for one small hand shovel scoop of black sand in the bowl per mesh size, 30 mesh, 50 mesh and 100 and then another 20 min to finish pan out what the bowl wont eject.

Hoser John, Does this sound like it is taking me too long or is that about right? I hear I can shock the sand but dint think it is worth the effort for the small amount, plus I seem to have collected about a gallon or 2 of black sands. I can only process about a cup at a time as I have the small sieves from pioneer mining. Thanks for any tips much appreciated!!! Gravelwasher
    Will work for gold dust.

us
    Feb 2010
    Black Hills, South Dakota
    624 times

Hi Gravelwasher,

It does take some time to blue bowl material. When I blue bowl I put only a cup of material in at a time for 30 and 50 mesh and run the water to the top until it clears out without over flowing it. This takes about 99% of black sands out. When I am done with 30 mesh I use a turkey baster to kindof puff the remaining sands away from the gold and then use a snuffer bottle to collect clean gold. I use this method for all meshes execpt on the 100 mesh I feed only a table spoon at a time. Also each mesh you drop the water level 1/4" so you don't push out any gold. No panning after just clean gold.

B H Prospector

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    1772 times

1st throw away instructions-run full to the brim and always keep a eye of that great vortex(looks like a toilet flush) as that action is the carrier. Then you increase your rate 1,000%-introduce wet,on the side about 4" above the inlet and your good to go. I run a gallon jug fulla blacks in appx 15-20 minutes and for any micron gold recovery system this is on par with any tables or concentrators made specifically for cleanups only of micron gold. John--ps I only use a garden hose and water the lawn or trees at the same time and they love them black iron rich sands too!! especially roses

us
    Coil Swinger

Jan 2011
    El Dorado County
    Minelab
    189 times

Thanks for the info Hoser John. I had a feeling I might be babying it too much. I will try a bigger batch tonight. Gravelwasher
    Will work for gold dust.

us
    Jun 2010
    Southern California
    1 times

Hey Gravelwasher, I watched this vid last week and i think you might find a few tips or tricks from it in your quest for the fine stuff.

http://prospectingchannel.com/beach-gold-mining.html

us
    Oct 2007
    South Carolina
    E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
    332 times

Build yourself a feeder, set it up on an adjustable stand with a dribble of water running through it too slowly wash the cons in into the bowl, the feeder can be a jug, funnel, or a piece of gutter tapered down to a funnel tip, with the jug/funnel you will need to attach a piece of tubing for the cons to flow through, make sure you have a valve on the water for the feeder.

With a feeder you load it and get everything adjust and walk away and do something else and just check the setup from time to time.

Skip
    SEEK AND YEA SHALL FIND and when you do THANK GOD!!!

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    559 times

i totally agree with AU Seeker on useing a feeder for any type of cleanup equipment. i made my own out of alum bent up into a long triangle that tapers down to a pointed end .has adjustable water flow to move the cons in a controlled drip.

us
    Coil Swinger

Jan 2011
    El Dorado County
    Minelab
    189 times

Thanks for the tips on the blue bowl auto feeder, do any of you have a couple of pics of the custom set up? I watched the video of the fine gold recovery from the beach gold on the prospector channel, liked the way he had his gold machine/ modified blue bowl set up with like a condiment bottle [refillable ketchup squeezer from a resteraunt] for the feeder. Love to see what some of you have done to get some ideas. Thanks Gravelwasher Heres a couple pics of some gold I was cleaning up getting little bits of other rocks out, probally 8-12 trips to the creek to find what you see, I think its probally about a gram?

Name:	cleaning.JPG 
Views:	550 
Size:	140.0 KB 
ID:	494600   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sorting.JPG 
Views:	550 
Size:	167.5 KB 
ID:	494601  
    Will work for gold dust.

us
    May 2009
    Garden Valley, ca.
    Gold Bug Pro
    1357 times

it adds op man.........

Name:	gold pics new 002.jpg 
Views:	521 
Size:	109.9 KB 
ID:	494763  

us
    Jun 2009
    Blue Ridge, South Carolina
    280 times

Looking good fellas! 8)
    Sample till you find the hot spot, then mine it till its gone! Then start over...

us
    Apr 2011
    Wisconsin

Wouldnt it be a lot easier to melt it down in the microwave and let the flux do the work? Or is that meant for even smaller?

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    1772 times

:P NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

us
    Mar 2011
    N/W ARKANSAS
    FISHER
    59 times

WELL, I WISH I HAD FOUND THIS BEFORE I BUILT MY OWN "WHITE-BOWL". I COULD HAVE LEFT OUT A FEW
    TROUBLE SPOTS IN THE PROCESS.

GOLDENSOCIAL, THANKS FOR POSTIN' THE VIDEO LINK.

EVEN BEFORE I HAD A CLUE WHAT I WAS DOIN' I WAS GETTING GOLD OUT OF MY OLD CON'S, AND I REALLY WORKED THEM HARD WITH MY GOLD PANS BEFORE I GAVE UP ON GETTING ANY MORE GOLD OUT.

NOW I HAVE SOME NEW TRICKS TO TRY. WHO KNOWS I MIGHT EVEN SHOW HOW MUCH I GOT,
    IF I GET ENOUGH TO GET A PIC.

THANKS FOLKS.
    PROSPECTORMIKEL

....JESUS IS LORD.
    ...................THE BIBLE IS GOD'S WORD.
    .................................. HEAVEN IS MY REAL HOME.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors