New sluice, New classifier, new spot... got Gold

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Camino and I went last Tuesday to a spot Ive known about and havn't dug, Camino and Gravelwasher have hit it a couple times..color everytime and we know the source.... :read2: a section of an anchient tertiary channel that is eroding into a modern stream gold on one side in the bank we never touched bedrock....and in the sweet crevices and cracks in the bedrock on the otherside........nuthin'.......thats why sampling is so important.......the gold and lack of it is seperated by mere feet........you'll see Camino shoveling into the new two stage classifier I built.....my new abs drop riffle sluice running into a keene just in case(we did a check of course we found a very few tiny specks as to be expected our recovery however is way over 95%)and some pics of the face of the cut tertiary channel.....look at the Quartz river rock hanging there.... there is Quartz everywhere wich is good cause the layers and deposits that were rich in these channels run with Quartz.....when we start getting closer and cleaning bedrock well............could be pretty good.

Attachments

• joel classifier.jpg
    joel classifier.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 980
  • new drop riffle.jpg
    new drop riffle.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,150
  • tertiary channel.jpg
    tertiary channel.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 951
  • gold drop riffle.jpg
    gold drop riffle.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,075
OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its not alot of gold but what was it Camino three buckets of minus 3/8 classified bank run.We got a late start cause im a dummy( :tongue3: sorry joel) and I was on day seven of some bug my kids or coworkers conjuerd up for me having worked through the worst of it and did i rest on my days off????? no i threw on my rubber boots drank a Coors and....was no help digging lol (sorry Joel)...... I set up the new sluice set up....joel tried out the new classifier wich is very productive :hello2: got a couple of buckets full of classified material in no time...wich i ran and the new drop riffle is great you can see the gold in the first drop.....and it stayed even with me pokin' :icon_thumright: at it and harassin' it :icon_thumleft: .And to have a sluice i can pick up and dump into a bucket after every bucket if i want :headbang: and then have a cons bucket to rerun through a sluice I dont have to seperate into several components and then rebuild just to use....... :notworthy: I love you Drop Riffle :-* we will take many long walks together.... ;D She will be getting some plastic surgery however mainly a flair.....mmmmm flair........... :icon_pirat: Happpy Hunting, Fellow Hunting Fellas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
camino....gravel i sent you very important p.m.ssssssss

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010
Fun day and nice gold. The plastic drop riffle sluices are the only way to go. Thanks for sharing. Doug.

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Camino what kind of sluice is it? The california model? Its funny after all those years pushing drop riffles now I been making and using gold trap sluices like the Bazooka.

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
I like the looks of that grizzly classifier!! Good job on pulling out some gold too!!! :headbang: Got your Pm, will hit you up soon I am still at work , gotta run Gravelwasher

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
"IF" the post office tracking site is correct I should be getting my MacKirk grub steak sluice tomorrow can't wait. I've scoped out a site to try it on it is on a bend and has a gravel bar in front of the bend. If I go Friday or Saturday I will take a pic of the place

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
Astrobouncer said:
Camino what kind of sluice is it? The california model? Its funny after all those years pushing drop riffles now I been making and using gold trap sluices like the Bazooka.

Actually the ABS sluice is pville's. It is pretty sweet. I would have to say that I need one. GW and I are going Sunday and using the grizzly classifier (which moves crazy material). I will make a few mods if I have the time. Wish us luck....

We Will Hit Bedrock!!!

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Yes, we go after the gold like some sort of rabid mad miners!! Not working hard enough if your hands ain't bleeding and sweat running down your brow..lol. Good shine guys!!! :headbang: Cant wait to get out their this weekend, heck it was hard to come to work today with the sun shining the way it is, man this spring fever kicking in early and making my gold fever spike!! Gravelwasher :icon_sunny:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pvillehunter,
A McKirk ABS sluice, way to go! Good you tested it with the Keene AND found that the McKirk holds the goods quite well. Being the type I am I would have gone for the AU Trap and its still lighter than the A52 by 3 lbs. Just need the proper sized bucket to dump it into.

The grizzly looks to be hardware cloth on an angled frame and then a simple catch basin. It would sure beat loading the raw sample into a bucket and then separating it. I am amazed by the weather in NorCal, what happened to winter? She's still around so be careful. Good on you fellas for getting out in the chilly weather. Thanks for sharing your adventure! 63bkpkr

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010
I've got the MacKirk AU Trap and I just tilt it and it cleans up real good into a regular bucket. I also bought his Bucket Grizzly and it works good too and both are really stout. Doug.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Doug,
Thank you for your comments on the AU Trap as well as their classifier as it is good first hand knowledge to know.

pvillehunter and Doug - any pictures to share of the sluices at work?

Thanks, 63bkpkr

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Yippee my Mackirk grub steak just came in today. Smaller than I thought but should work just fine for me at least for now when I start hitting it rich I will upgrade lol

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010
No, I don't have any pictures of my sluice at work. I don't know how to get a picture posted here anyway. Doug.

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
63bkpkr said:
The grizzly looks to be hardware cloth on an angled frame and then a simple catch basin. It would sure beat loading the raw sample into a bucket and then separating it. I am amazed by the weather in NorCal, what happened to winter? She's still around so be careful. Good on you fellas for getting out in the chilly weather. Thanks for sharing your adventure! 63bkpkr

The grizzly is actually a 1/2" bbq rack then fall onto a baking rack 1/4" mesh (I think). Mods have been done so now it folds up and fit perfectly onto a 8 gal. rubbermaid storage bin i got at home depot for $6.50. We were going to test it out but of coarse we get hit by the one single storm in the past few weeks.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea its 1/4 inch stainless steel baking/ drip rack..set in a wooden frame..Joel how do you think its gonna work flipped over compared to the initial set up...might be nice to be able to just push of the oversize material....either way sooooooo.. much more productive than a bucket top classifier.

Attachments

• joel diggin.jpg
    joel diggin.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 745

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
pvillehunter said:
yea its 1/4 inch stainless steel baking/ drip rack..set in a wooden frame..Joel how do you think its gonna work flipped over compared to the initial set up...might be nice to be able to just push of the oversize material....either way sooooooo.. much more productive than a bucket top classifier.

I have the classifier in my car that my wife is currently driving. I'll post updated pictures of the modify classifier.

Notice the fashionable waders that disintegrated on me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread