2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It was a last minute kinda of thing, headed up to the claim to cure the fever. My buddie Dave and i headed out first thing Saturday
5am got to the claim around 9am. first thing we noticed was the biting cold wind when we arrived, so we bundle up. Dogs could care less, soon as they were out of the truck down the hillside they went wooooohooooooo freedom. Packed our stuff down and first thing we did was get rid of the rocks, set up the handwinch at a nice high point and stared pulling and clearing out the hole to have some room to work in. the wind was howling and the windchill was unreal, " how cold you ask?" when we did our first clean out we left water in the pan in almost an hour their was ice forming on the surface of the gold pan, crazy howling ice cold wind all day
it was about the second or third bucket when the honker showed up 6.5gr on the RCBS scale this warmed us up a bit. The hole was showing good sign rustysquare nails, lots of birdshot, we moved as much material as we could but by 4pm is was time to head home
enjoy the pics, i have the cons to go through yet but i am thawing out my hands still, it was cold and super windy Yesterday
Have a great day

Attachments

• therock1.JPG
    therock1.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 836
  • IMG_0350.JPG
    IMG_0350.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 842
  • IMG_0351.JPG
    IMG_0351.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 877

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding some nice pickers like those sorta makes the wind
not so cold and your hands feel a bit warmer for a minute.
Glad ya got your fix and shared the pics with us. :thumbsup:
Gold Nuggets :hello:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some sweet nuggets, especially like the 6-1/2 gram honker! :icon_thumleft:
You sure earned them the hard way ...... course there is no easy way I know of :tongue3:

GG~

Edson

Nov 20, 2011
Santa Clarita, California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2cmorau said:
It was a last minute kinda of thing, headed up to the claim to cure the fever. My buddie Dave and i headed out first thing Saturday
5am got to the claim around 9am. first thing we noticed was the biting cold wind when we arrived, so we bundle up. Dogs could care less, soon as they were out of the truck down the hillside they went wooooohooooooo freedom. Packed our stuff down and first thing we did was get rid of the rocks, set up the handwinch at a nice high point and stared pulling and clearing out the hole to have some room to work in. the wind was howling and the windchill was unreal, " how cold you ask?" when we did our first clean out we left water in the pan in almost an hour their was ice forming on the surface of the gold pan, crazy howling ice cold wind all day
it was about the second or third bucket when the honker showed up 6.5gr on the RCBS scale this warmed us up a bit. The hole was showing good sign rustysquare nails, lots of birdshot, we moved as much material as we could but by 4pm is was time to head home
enjoy the pics, i have the cons to go through yet but i am thawing out my hands still, it was cold and super windy Yesterday
Have a great day

Wow. Very nice, makes me want to head north. All I get here in So. Cal. is fines and small flakes. I'm heading to Sacramento over the Holidays and if the weather cooperates I will be getting cold hands digging too. Don't want to give your location away but what general area are you working?

Thanks for the great pics.
Edson

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
:icon_thumleft: Nice going 2c. Only that kinda fix would have me back out there for a few days!!!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great lil'ol' story of those with the testiculiar fortitude will always prevail with nice righteous shiny golden nuggets-thanx for the fix--tons a au 2 u 2-John :laughing7:

OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks everybody and happy holidays to all

Dave and i will be heading back up for the day, see if we can't improve on the cache, at the end of the day we uncovered a boulder twice the size of that picture above and a shelve of bedrock. Though all the heavies were finding seems to be on top of a red layer bedrock is not far below, so will be scraping the top layer then mucking down to bedrock and crossing are fingers
have a great day

Edson, this is on my mining claim on the NF Yuba River which the whole river is all claimed up, unless your a member of Valley Prospectors or GPAA pretty much no public access for prospecting, might want to look into Auburn State Recreation area.

Tuberale, LOL that would be sweet
Hefty, taken yur advice but for just a day, something to be said about warm and cozy
hoser, yeah you can watch Gold Rush and dream, or bust arse and shine
pic 1 dave on the rock
pic 2 is the next rock we need to move
pic 3 the girls on the way home from this last trip

Attachments

• therock.JPG
    therock.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 752
  • nextrock.JPG
    nextrock.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 843
  • IMG_0345.JPG
    IMG_0345.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 811

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do----and not watch--sorry but that bs makes my eyes bleed--my brain swell---and stinks to high heaven---John :BangHead:

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Glad somebody is having fun, but why couldn't it have been me? :( ::)

OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
John LMAO
Graycloud, LOL isn't it funny us miners think this type of prospecting is fun
Hefty Thanks, lookin forward to seeing whats under that biggee

finished the cons from the last trip,and was disappointed at the results, has me scratching my head and wondering why only a half dozen small pieces showed up in the +30 material. -30 showing lots of flour. guess i will take up a couple of boxes see if i am losing some

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be nice if you could get the dogs to sniff out the big nuggets for you. :tongue3:

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
The dogs must have had quite a day. They looked just plain tuckered out laying there in the truck floorboard. :thumbsup:
Yea, I do hope to be back out there soon. :tongue3:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey 2c,
Thanks for taking the time to be "out there" when its nippy, thanks for sharing the adventure you four had, you know of course there is no way of truly understanding why only certain types and amounts of color show up in any given hole it just "is". It seems to me you've got a good possible spot for more color and at least you and Steve can get at it, some of us only have a dream and have not figured out just how to take a look see at what's in there.....63bkpkr

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010
Great gold! Thanks for sharing. The trouble is everytime I see pictures like yours the fever just gets worse. You think it'd die off after so many years but like time goes faster the older you get, the fever gets worse the older you get! Thanks again, Doug.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread