dipstick

Greenie
Apr 7, 2007
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT - Whites Coin Master
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anybody used the Angus Mackirk Ground Sluice. I just purchased one and there was no instructions with it. The back is enclosed and has a spray bar attached.I dont see this sluice on Angus Mackirks website. It looks like one in the highbanker section. Do all sluices set at about 1" per foot. I plan on setting this up as a recirculating sluice at home and the way its designed thought it would work good. I got a 1/8 hp sump pump that i think is 1350 gph, dont have it front of me at this time. Im going to spilt a 55 gal plastic barrel to mount it to. I think i should classify to 1/4. Im pretty much a newbie, only panning and i do have a a51 keene sluice that i used some. Im finding fine gold and seemed to be losing it in the keene. But that maybe my setting it up wrong. I have done some searching on this sluice and have not found any information. I tried to attach pic. Thanks for any help on this. Steve

Attachments

• IMG.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 197

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dipstick
Directions for Angus Mackirk (stream) sluices say set up with water deep enough and slopeenough to run a 1’ rock out the sluice. In a controlled environment like your back yard, You have the advantageof controlling the water with a valve and also the slope of your sluice. If youclassify then the set up will be different than in the stream. Valve your waterinput and make your sluice adjustable for slope and you will be able to find thesweet spot that works for you and the type of material your running at the time.Until you get it set right you can always run the material thru again as your catching them and not running them down the creek.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread