A week on Lake Superior beach working black sands

williamsingr

Mar 15, 2012
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got back from the beach front, didnt get much, about a gram and a half of very fine fine flour gold, found out the last day I needed to dig deeper to get the better gold, I watched probably over an ounce of micro gold flow right on out what a bummer seeing that and unable to trap it. The micro gold was so small it just washed with the black sands. Found out one neat trick, that if you use the back side of the v matting it will catch gold as small as a needle tip but nothing smaller, caught a lot of pin head sizes that way. But the gold cube being advertised as 98% effective will no way in hell catch all that micro gold either. The only way to catch all that micro gold is using a miller table to separate the gold out, I will be building a potable one this winter. If anyone has a better idea of how to catch micro gold I would love to hear your input !

Randyd

Mar 8, 2011
Kalifornia
you might try some metal lathe or the aluminum screen door guard (for dogs) for part of your riffles. I was amazed at the amount of -100 gold it catches!
Randyd

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so you tried the gold cube and it didn't do the trick i take it...

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
any outcome of any peice of equipment is depending on the operators ability/knowledge to use that equipment to its fullest potential! i dont know of any "plug & play" equipment thatll save really fine gold without experience!i never used the Gold Cube, but ive seen the original plans and id put the Gold Cube up against any similar peice of equipment on the market today!i know of several people that do own this Gold Cube and they say it works just fine! screening your material and water flow(specific gravity) are biggies when it comes to fine gold on any equipment !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread